Windows 10: pc gpu fans not staying on temp set on MSI afterburner

Discus and support pc gpu fans not staying on temp set on MSI afterburner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ive been using afterburner for a long time now and today i opened it up and set my gpu fans to 60 (my gpu usually stays on like 70-79 celcius at this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 0bAm3, May 4, 2019.

1. 0bAm3 Win User

pc gpu fans not staying on temp set on MSI afterburner

Ive been using afterburner for a long time now and today i opened it up and set my gpu fans to 60 (my gpu usually stays on like 70-79 celcius at this speed. And it worked fine. it set my speed to the speed i desired but when i opened up a game the temp kept dipping down to slow then back up to the temp i set and this was causing my temp to go over 80 celcius. Maybe because the game is on my SSD and afterburner is on my HDD but i dont really know the issue.

0bAm3, May 4, 2019

2. MSI Afterburner won't let me control GPU fan speeds in Windows 10

So i just did the new upgrade to Windows 10, and my MSI Afterburner does not work properly. I can't adjust my fan speeds at all. The icon on the right side of the fan controller doesn't let me click on it to do anything with it. Prior to Windows 10, it
    worked perfectly on Windows 8.1

HPH DJ Pon3, May 4, 2019
  3. Polo6RGTI Win User
    Latest MSI Afterburner Betas & Updates

Latest MSI Afterburner Beta is available:

MSI Afterburner v4.6.0 beta 9 (build 13338)

• Voltage/frequency curve editor is now updated on new GPU selection or closed if you select a GPU with no Voltage/Frequency curve control support, so you don’t need to reopen the editor when tuning the curve for multiple GPUs
    • Improved hardware control shared memory interface:
    • Now hardware control shared memory is immediately updated on selecting new GPU from GPU quick selection panel in GUI. It is no longer necessary to apply the settings in order to make new GPU selection visible to external applications connected to hardware control shared memory. So you may switch between multiple GPUs and test them from external overclocking scanner without closing and reopening it for each new GPU
    • New hardware control shared memory interface command allows MSI Afterburner to refresh Voltage/Frequency curve editor to refresh the curve in real time per external application request
    • Updated OC scanner is now refreshing Voltage/Frequency curve in real time during scanning process, so you may see how the scanner is locking voltage points and tuning each point of the curve while searching for the maximum stable GPU clock

MSI Afterburner 4.6.0 Beta 9 (13338) Download

Polo6RGTI, May 4, 2019
  4. pc gpu fans not staying on temp set on MSI afterburner

Why is Windows Turning My GPU Fans Off?

I noticed a whine in my new computer the other day and thought maybe my PSU was going out. But it turns out that my GPU fans were not spinning (I think maybe the other system fans were running faster to try and cool it down?)

Regardless of the whine, when I boot the PC the fans spin up no problem, but once Windows starts to load, the fans quit and do not restart even when a game is launched. This seems like some sort of driver issue because I installed MSI Afterburner and used it
    to turn the fans on, and they run no problem.

Seems like either Nvidia set the fans to not spin on the card when it's not under load, or Windows is turning it off. Is there a power setting for this or something?

I had been having a few strange crashes which could easily be explained by the GPU over heating. I don't really want to have to run Afterburner all the time just to get my fans to spin. Any ideas?

I'm on Windows 10 64-bit (updated)

GTX 960

Ryzen 1600x

Gigabyte Ab350m-hd3

32GB of DDR4 RAM

A Corsair SSD

Luke Cypert, May 4, 2019
Thema:

pc gpu fans not staying on temp set on MSI afterburner

1. pc gpu fans not staying on temp set on MSI afterburner - Similar Threads - gpu fans staying

2. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  3. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  4. MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]MSI Afterburner is the most used graphics card software. Usually, it works seamlessly, however, at times, you may find that your MSI Afterburner is not detecting GPU on Windows systems – and everything is greyed out. In this article, we are going to talk about this...
  5. How to download MSI Afterburner

in Windows 10 News
    How to download MSI Afterburner: MSI Afterburner is an excellent program for video cards, not only cards by MSI, that can best be described as an overlocking/underclocking utility for Windows with extra features baked into the application. My first review of MSI Afterburner dates back to 2010, followed by a...
  6. MSI Afterburner doesn't affect GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI Afterburner doesn't affect GPU: I'm not sure if it's conflicting with the radeon software but MSI Afterburner tweaks do not seem to stick. I set the fan speed to max and apply. It goes back to Auto. I do not agree with the fan curve on the 6900xt and I can alter it to my liking within Radeon Software but...
  7. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765
  8. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Support
    MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765
  9. Dpc watchdog violation/MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dpc watchdog violation/MSI afterburner: Thought I'd try out MSI Afterburner. So here's how it went. Raised clock speeds and then clicked the overclock scanner feature. Overclock scanner appeared to have freezed my computer, so I shutdown my laptop by long-pressing the power button. Now every time I log in to...
  10. MSI Afterburner

MSI Afterburner: Hello Just bought a laptop with a GTX 1050 2GB. I am interested in trying to get the most out of my card. I understand overclocking will get the best results. I managed to get a +200 MHZ on core clock and a +250MHZ on memory clock. Is this good and is there any more I can do...