Windows 10: PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound

Discus and support PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Please can anyone help... I'm learning this. This is my first build with my dad's help I just built my pc around Christmas. here are my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by easontrang, May 16, 2020.

1. PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound

Hello, Please can anyone help...

I'm learning this. This is my first build with my dad's help

I just built my pc around Christmas. here are my specs:

B450 Tomahawk Max
    Ryzen 5 3600X
    RX 5700
    16 Gb Ram - 2x8gb DDR4

I don't know what happened. Ever since the built, I have never had a day without hanging or crashing.

I have tried many options and suggestions from people in this community. I'm giving up.

I was so excited to learn to build and research every step of the way. Now I start to hate this computer.

It is beyond what my dad can help me.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AknyQeOGVbVLhh0Um2O1XaC7wHZf?e=WcY476

:)

easontrang, May 16, 2020

2. Black Dots appears on screen

The thread which u provided is when windows hang but in my case it doesn't hang it works fine but as u see in first picture icons,taskbar are displayed

Kushal Bansal, May 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 install problem with a black screen and hangs

Original title: WIndows 10 install problem

Left Windows 10 update to install overnight last night.

In the morning it appears to be hanging on black screen with Windows 10 logo and circling dots (dots are frozen and not moving).

Hard drive activity light is solid green and not flashing on and off.

Suggestion and/or next steps would be appreciated. Thanks

TrentMayers, May 16, 2020
  4. PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 16, 2020
Thema:

PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound

1. PC Hang with black screen...can still hear the sound - Similar Threads - Hang black screen

2. My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still: This keeps happening to me, sometimes after 10 minutes or sometimes after a few days. I have no clue why it is happening but it sometimes happens when gaming and sometimes when just doing nothing. Sometimes the screen will also come back or go white too....
  3. My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still: This keeps happening to me, sometimes after 10 minutes or sometimes after a few days. I have no clue why it is happening but it sometimes happens when gaming and sometimes when just doing nothing. Sometimes the screen will also come back or go white too....
  4. My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen turns black while playing game can still hear audio though, have to reset pc or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns black while playing game can still hear audio though, have to reset pc or...: It started while I was playing a game. My screen went black but I could still hear my friends in discord and the game audio and youtube in the background.I waited a while to see if just the game simply crashed but my monitor never turned back on so I had to restart my pc....
  6. Screen turns black while playing game can still hear audio though, have to reset pc or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turns black while playing game can still hear audio though, have to reset pc or...: It started while I was playing a game. My screen went black but I could still hear my friends in discord and the game audio and youtube in the background.I waited a while to see if just the game simply crashed but my monitor never turned back on so I had to restart my pc....
  7. Pc crashes with a different solid screen or sometimes I can still hear game sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashes with a different solid screen or sometimes I can still hear game sounds: I got ton of issues since I move in my room I can't play games or anything I can only use it for school I tried a lot of things to fix the damn issue but it always happens I'm tired of it please give me tips how to fix it I can't take it to a repair shop because my mom would...
  8. Screen turns black while in game can still hear audio, have to reset pc to see again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns black while in game can still hear audio, have to reset pc to see again: Hello I recently have begun to have these issues since 8/29/21It started with this error while I was playing a game. My screen went black but I could still hear my friends in discord and the game audio.I waited a while to see if just the game simply crashed but my monitor...
  9. Getting a black screen on videos YouTube, Media Player but can still hear the audio.

Getting a black screen on videos YouTube, Media Player but can still hear the audio.: Hi. I'm just hoping I could get a solution on how to get back the video. For some reason, it has a black screen from the start of the video all the way into the end. Any help is appreciated. I can give more details if needed. Thanks....
  10. Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds.

Computer Monitor losses signal, can still hear sounds.: Hello, For about a year now my computer does this thing where it losses signal to the monitor and the sound in the game or the discord server im in is still playing. Sometimes the sound freezes a bit after I lose the display. Ive swapped everything but the MOBO, RAM and...