Windows 10: PC Hangs after installing Video Card driver

Discus and support PC Hangs after installing Video Card driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Guys! Good day! Hope someone can help me. So today sadly my pc froze unexpectedly and I don't know why. This occurred when I finished printing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hil_274, Apr 15, 2021.

1. hil_274 Win User

PC Hangs after installing Video Card driver

Hello Guys!

Good day! Hope someone can help me. So today sadly my pc froze unexpectedly and I don't know why. This occurred when I finished printing something. I left my pc on probably 10 minutes and when I came back it just froze. So normally I thought its just a glitch and I forcefully shut it down but after several tries it just re opens the automatic repair. After that I decided to reformat it BAD CHOICE but when I installed the fresh windows 10 20h2 updates and the drivers for my PC, it gets weird as when I tried installing the AMD driver v21.3.1 for the video card, it hangs with a black screen. I waited for 30 mins and it doesn't do anything. I tried multiple times of reformatting but until today I can't shake any solutions.

Here are all the debugging procedures I tried so far.

1. reformatted the PC on fresh install using USB Media drive and checked the files using sfc /scannow.[COLOR=rgba64, 64, 64, 1] [/COLOR]No issues shown. after that installed the drivers first using APP CENTER on gigabyte and secondly using check for updates. Downloaded the auto scan driver for AMD video card driver and while installing, the screen hangs and became black after the stutter effect while installing it. Forced reset the PC and ran using safe mode with network. tried installing the video card driver but it shows error 192. Tried downloading the amd cleanup utility and re install the video card driver but no avail.

2. reformatted the PC on fresh install using USB Media drive and checked the files using sfc /scannow.[COLOR=rgba64, 64, 64, 1] [/COLOR]No issues shown. this time installed all the drivers using check for updates first and then downloaded the drivers for gigabyte. This time instead of downloading it from the APP CENTER, I just copied all the needed drivers that is shown from the APP CENTER and downloaded it on the gigabyte website instead of course I picked the updated ones. I didn't know what 2004 versions vs the 20h2 updates that I needed for my pc so I just did the same name with the updated version that is shown from the app center and clicked the downloaded versions that has a compatible with 20h2 updates that was listed on the site. After that installed the AMD Video card driver. this time instead of using the auto scan, I downloaded it manually from the AMD website. Sadly when I tried installing it, it was the same result as the first time I tried.

3. reformatted the PC on fresh install using USB Media drive and checked the files using sfc /scannow. No issues shown. Downloaded the drivers and installed it from the gigabyte website first but didn't touch the check for updates. This time I checked the Device manager and I can see the Display adapters Radeon RX 5500 XT is missing. Installed the check for updates. re checked the files using sfc /scannow. No issues shown. Re checked the Device manager and the Display adapters changed to basic display. Tried downloading the AMD driver manually from the site and while installing, the screen hangs again and became black after the stutter effect while installing it.

Note: Also I tried installing it on safe mode for the 3rd try but still no avail. Also it sometimes show that when i tried installing it on safe mode, it says either error 192 or an error code that stated that it's not advisable on installing it on windows or a driver has a conflict apologies as i forgot the message error. Also i tried installing the amd driver for a lower version but its still the same.

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks!

PC SPECS:

MOTHERBOARD: B460 AORUS PRO AC

BIOS VERSION: f2

PROCESSOR: intel core i7-10700

VIDEO CARD: ASUS RADEON RX 5500 XT

MEMORY: KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 16GB

WINDOWS VERSION: 20H2

OS BUILD: 19042.631

EDITION: Windows 10 Home

:)

hil_274, Apr 15, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

installing or uninstalling video drivers causes system to hang

Hello, I'm wondering if you are aware Uncle MS manages the normal set of Windows drivers you need for your PC in Win 10?
    Thus if you install drivers which differ from his list, he will replace them unless you take special steps.

Key question:
    Since you installed Win 10, has your PC ever been stable?

dalchina, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

No video after installing Windows10

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • In the left pane click on View all
    • Select Video Playback.
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapter’.
    • Locate the display driver.
    • Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Arul_D, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. PC Hangs after installing Video Card driver - Similar Threads - Hangs installing Video

2. Windows hangs after installing a new graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hangs after installing a new graphics driver: My Windows 10 pro Toshiba Satellite L360 - 170 System hangs after I installed an older version of display/graphics driver. Nothing in the system works except the mouse. I tried to uninstall the driver but it won't allow me to navigate into any windows or app? How can I change...
  3. Video TDR failure after graphics card driver installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video TDR failure after graphics card driver installation: I built my first PC recently, and while installing my graphics card drivers, my PC went into a blue screen showing video tdr failure. I then went into system restore and tried again, but everytime i install my drivers it goes back to this. This also happened with my old gpu...
  4. video card driver W10

video card driver W10: how to obtain driver in W10 for saphire radeon HD4350 card in PC with AMD A8 processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-driver-w10/b6526d8d-0411-44a8-9dd6-b8ee1042d77c
  5. Issue with PC boot after installing graphics card drivers

Issue with PC boot after installing graphics card drivers: Hello, I've got problem with my graphics card that after installing graphics card driver PC cant boot to windows. Only if i uninstall drivers in safe mode it boots to windows then when i install it and reboot pc it doesnt turns on, stops on the loading circle and after...
  6. installing video card drivers crashes pc

installing video card drivers crashes pc: after fixing win10 update, I had to do a clean reinstall, my pc worked for awhile then crashed. I replaced what I assumed was a bad hard drive and reinstalled windows updated everything but could not install video card drivers. Video card is a AMD Radeon R9 200 series. In...
  7. BSOD after installing new video card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BSOD after installing new video card: Today i installed a new video card and upon restart my system went back to IDE from RAID.Ever since it BSOD if under RAID. The BIOS recognizes all drives(1 250g SSD (OS) non raid, 1 280g velociraptor non raid, 3x 1.5TB HDD RAID5) Currently windows 10 loads under IDE ,...
  8. Video Driver / Card Issues

Video Driver / Card Issues: Hi! I was trying to start up a game through Origin after a long time of not playing and instead got an pop-up that said, "Can't run with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are...
  9. installing or uninstalling video drivers causes system to hang

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    installing or uninstalling video drivers causes system to hang: Hello i'm coming here from AMD forums and going to repost my problem here as someone suggested, maybe you have come up against similar trouble. I have since updated my motherboard drivers but it didn't change overall situation. I'm having problems installing/uninstalling...
  10. Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia): Sorry if this has been addressed already (a search didn't yield exactly what I was looking for). I'm planning on doing a clean install of Win10 next weekend after upgrading from 7 x64 Pro. I'm wondering if anybody has a detailed account on what happens after the first load of...