Windows 10: pc hangs, crashes - random blue screens /gpu, memory related

Discus and support pc hangs, crashes - random blue screens /gpu, memory related in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; can anyone analyse these bluescreens please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez7femn8kfzvqxa/Minidump.rar?dl=0I've been getting blue screens and hangs mostly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sarioajfagd, Oct 17, 2021.

1. pc hangs, crashes - random blue screens /gpu, memory related

can anyone analyse these bluescreens please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez7femn8kfzvqxa/Minidump.rar?dl=0I've been getting blue screens and hangs mostly when i play a game. Tried restoring PC to an earlier date - no help, tried reinstalling gpu drivers and updating windows. Standard checkdisk and scans etc didn't show any problems. Memory test was fine

:)

sarioajfagd, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Padre81 Win User

Random hangs, and gaming related crashes since Win 8.1

Disclaimer: I know Windows 10 is a preview edition and I wasn't expecting a fully operational OS (though it seems to be one). I just was hoping installing it might solve some problems I've been experiencing since Win 8.1.

Dear All,

I've been experiencing random hangs during browsing, watching a movie, or just trying to login to Windows after a startup since Windows 8.1 was released. By random hangs I mean the mouse cursor is active but none of the windows or icons react, though after 30-60 seconds everything's back and even the previously issued commands/clicks are performed. There were occasional crashes during gaming as well, but no BSOD, just blank screen, echoing sound, and then the PC remains powered (fans on, leds on), but there's no reboot. The gaming related crashes occur almost every time since I've installed Windows 10. Games usually run for 8-10 mins without a problem then the PC crashes. The non-gaming related hangs are related to ataport.sys or ndis.sys according to LatencyMon, but I'm not able to update these drivers, though the version for ataport.sys is dated 2006, I doubt there were no updates since then.

I appreciate any help you can give to find out if this is hardware related, which I assume it is. The reason is I've tried clean Windows 8 installations before but it didn't work. Unfortunately I'm not experienced enough to identify which hardware is at fault.

Thank you.

Padre81, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Law-II Win User
    Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Oct 17, 2021
  4. pc hangs, crashes - random blue screens /gpu, memory related

random blue screens

Hi,

My PC randomly blue screens, i suspect its hardware related but cant tell for sure
    It seems to be happening more often whenever the GPU has to do stufff, i watch videos or play games and it happens, not directly but at random intervals.
    Any insight on what might be causing it is appreciated!

I've added the dm_log_collector.exe log as attachment,

Much appreciated!!

Silverpeak, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

pc hangs, crashes - random blue screens /gpu, memory related

1. pc hangs, crashes - random blue screens /gpu, memory related - Similar Threads - hangs crashes random

2. Blue Screen crashes - usually memory related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen crashes - usually memory related: Hi allI'm experiencing random blue screen crashes and they seem to be related to memory management.I've been using the "WhoCrashed" app to read the dump files and it shows that the crashes are memory and pfn list related.I've addeed a link to the WhoCrashed report, can anyone...
  3. Blue Screen crashes - usually memory related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen crashes - usually memory related: Hi allI'm experiencing random blue screen crashes and they seem to be related to memory management.I've been using the "WhoCrashed" app to read the dump files and it shows that the crashes are memory and pfn list related.I've addeed a link to the WhoCrashed report, can anyone...
  4. Blue Screen crashes - usually memory related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Memory-related blue screen errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory-related blue screen errors: I have been getting the following 'blue screen' errors after upgrading my PC.EXCEPTION_ON_INVALID_STACKIRQL_LESS_OR_EQUALMEMORY_MANAGEMENTKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURESYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_MWinDbg reveals that these exceptions are raised by the Windows NT...
  6. Memory-related blue screen errors

Memory-related blue screen errors: I have been getting the following 'blue screen' errors after upgrading my PC.EXCEPTION_ON_INVALID_STACKIRQL_LESS_OR_EQUALMEMORY_MANAGEMENTKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURESYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_MWinDbg reveals that these exceptions are raised by the Windows NT...
  7. pc hangs, crashes - random blue screens /gpu, memory related

pc hangs, crashes - random blue screens /gpu, memory related: can anyone analyse these bluescreens please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez7femn8kfzvqxa/Minidump.rar?dl=0I've been getting blue screens and hangs mostly when i play a game. Tried restoring PC to an earlier date - no help, tried reinstalling gpu drivers and updating windows....
  8. pc hangs, crashes - random blue screens /gpu, memory related

pc hangs, crashes - random blue screens /gpu, memory related: can anyone analyse these bluescreens please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez7femn8kfzvqxa/Minidump.rar?dl=0I've been getting blue screens and hangs mostly when i play a game. Tried restoring PC to an earlier date - no help, tried reinstalling gpu drivers and updating windows....
  9. Constant memory/driver related blue screens at random times

Constant memory/driver related blue screens at random times: I have constant memory related crashes at random times. They will happen before I even sign into windows and will happen when I play games. Sometimes it takes hours to crash other times my computer will crash right on booting. I tried running verifier and it would blue screen...
  10. Constant memory related blue screens at random times

Constant memory related blue screens at random times: I have constant memory related crashes at random times. They will happen before I even sign into windows and will happen when I play games. Sometimes it takes hours to crash other times my computer will crash right on booting. I tried running verifier and it would blue screen...