Windows 10: PC hangs up after update on restart?

Discus and support PC hangs up after update on restart? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As briefly shown above, my PC has been stuck since yesterday when I rebooted. I had to do an update, and when rebooting it doesn't get any further. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sebix123, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Sebix123 Win User

PC hangs up after update on restart?

As briefly shown above, my PC has been stuck since yesterday when I rebooted. I had to do an update, and when rebooting it doesn't get any further. The BIOS boots and then the HP icon appears (since I have an HP computer). Shortly after that a text appears: It tries to restore the installation... Any changes made to the computer will be undone... . And this happens over and over again. I also let him do it overnight in the hope that it would work.

And when I turn it off with the on/off switch and start it again it is the same again.

There are also no external USB sticks, keyboards or similar connected to the PC that could cause the problem.

I hope you can help me as I am still going to school and I need the PC very urgently due to the current situation. Thanks in advance.

Mfg.

:)

Sebix123, Jul 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Jul 11, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. MB-CCCS Win User

PC hangs upon wake up after Sleep

On Windows 10 Pro x64, when the PC wakes up from standby, I get a purple/magenta screen and the PC hangs. Until the wake up, the keyboard works as I can see the num lock light. After wake up, the keyboard hangs along with the PC.
    Is there a way to fix this without disabling the Sleep function?

PC Wakeup hang screen pic

MB-CCCS, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

1. PC hangs up after update on restart? - Similar Threads - hangs update restart

2. PC hangs and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC hangs and Restart: Hi my PC has been hanging and restarting after the hang. Checking the event logs, there is this error that occurs:The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  3. PC hangs and Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC hangs and Restart: Hi my PC has been hanging and restarting after the hang. Checking the event logs, there is this error that occurs:The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  4. PC hangs and Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pc hangs up

pc hangs up: Ctrl/alt/delete gets it going again but shortly after it freezes again, any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-hangs-up/cfe33a9f-1324-4b60-98fd-2f296e3f866e
  6. Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs.

Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs.: Dear Community, I noticed recently alot of my programs hang when i leave my pc on when i go out to walk the dog or do the laundry or even go take a bath. When i come back, alot of programs, when clicked on, do not work. A person actually from a steam post figured out that a...
  7. Windows 10 update hangs after restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update hangs after restarting: I am running 1803 and have not received any 1809 updates yet. The laptop is a hp 8640p. With the regular auto update process it downloaded and installed 2 updates (don't know the kb no.). First update required reboot and the second one showed 100% installed. Since I went to...
  8. Restart hangs up after windows update

Restart hangs up after windows update: following windows 10 updates, then going into restart after installing an update, the PC (restart process) just sits there spinning and never completes to a restart. I always must force shutdown, holding power switch. This after waiting in excess of one hour and more......
  9. Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update: Today I Clean Installed version 1809. After that under Windows update I received a cumulative update alongwith other updates. It required restart. While restating it hangs, "getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer". What to do? 122341
  10. Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update

Laptop hangs during restart after cumulative update: Today I Clean Installed version 1809. After that under Windows update I received a cumulative update alongwith other updates. It required restart. While restating it hangs, "getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer". What to do? 122341