Windows 10: pc hard crashes on event 10016

Discus and support pc hard crashes on event 10016 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For about a year now, at irregular intervals ranging from daily to monthly, my Windows 10 pc has been turning itself off with no BSOD. Can be while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidMeiklejohn, Apr 22, 2019.

1. pc hard crashes on event 10016

For about a year now, at irregular intervals ranging from daily to monthly, my Windows 10 pc has been turning itself off with no BSOD. Can be while reading a simple web page in Chrome or running a graphically intensive game, or anything in between. Upon restart, in Event Viewer, the only event recorded aside from the Kernel-Power event 41 is the DCOM event 10016, of which I have 3 that look exactly as what many others have posted before, with a particular Windows component (RuntimeBroker, AppId 15c20b67-12e7-4bb6-92bb-7aff07997402) being denied Local Activation permission.

In Component Services, I can see that the exact RuntimeBroker service identified (there are 2 different components with the same name - not sure if this is normal) has been correctly modified to allow Local Activation for all users in the local admin group, of which my user is one. So the configuration reported by Component Services is logically irreconcilable with the error cause reported in Event Viewer.

Any thoughts on what to do besides reinstall Windows much appreciated.

:)

DavidMeiklejohn, Apr 22, 2019

2. event id 10016

Hi Steven,

Go through this
    forum post
    and follow the troubleshooting steps listed.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Ariel Aba Win User
    i have the event 10016

Hi ilia,

In general, the event 10016 can safely be ignored because they do not adversely affect functionality
    and are by design
    . When your computer crashed, did you encounter a blue screen error and a stop code? Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps yet?

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Apr 22, 2019
  4. pc hard crashes on event 10016

i have the event 10016

every time that event 10016 happening my pc crash/freaze. and only once the blue screen with the smile that saying sorry.

so what can I do from stoping this event

ilia strikovsky, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

pc hard crashes on event 10016

1. pc hard crashes on event 10016 - Similar Threads - hard crashes event

2. Event 10016 Causing Constant Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 10016 Causing Constant Crashes: Hi, This issue has plagued me for a few weeks now. I get the error code in Event Viewer every time there is a crash, but the message will show up without the PC crashing. I've seen several threads about this issue already, but they were on 5+ year old versions of Windows, and...
  3. Event 10016 Causing Constant Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 10016 Causing Constant Crashes: Hi, This issue has plagued me for a few weeks now. I get the error code in Event Viewer every time there is a crash, but the message will show up without the PC crashing. I've seen several threads about this issue already, but they were on 5+ year old versions of Windows, and...
  4. PC keeps "crashing" because of Event ID 10016

PC keeps "crashing" because of Event ID 10016: Hi,I have been battling with the event id DCOM 10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID for around 9 months now, and I still haven't found a solution to fix it. It started out of...
  5. PC keeps "crashing" because of Event ID 10016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps "crashing" because of Event ID 10016: Hi,I have been battling with the event id DCOM 10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID for around 9 months now, and I still haven't found a solution to fix it. It started out of...
  6. DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash: Hi. I am desperate. My PC started crashing while I was gaming 5 min into a match and the only errors shown in Event Viewer are these I already deleted everything and it was fine for a couple of weeks but not anymore: The application-specific permission settings do not grant...
  7. DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash

DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash: Hi. I am desperate. My PC started crashing while I was gaming 5 min into a match and the only errors shown in Event Viewer are these I already deleted everything and it was fine for a couple of weeks but not anymore: The application-specific permission settings do not grant...
  8. DCOM EVENT 10016 Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Need help with Windows.SecurityCenter 10016 Event Crashing PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with Windows.SecurityCenter 10016 Event Crashing PC: For anyone having this issue and going through the "component Services" Rabbit hole to fix it.... simply change the WSCSVC service from delayed autostart to normal automatic start. This will clear up the event log entries. DCOM entries related to security center are because...
  10. Event ID 10016 causing system crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 10016 causing system crash: I have reinstalled Window 10 many times, and change security permission. My desktop: - CPU Core i7 6700 - Mainboard Asus Z170-K - Ram 16GB - Graphic Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 - SSD 240GB WD Here some pictures [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Thanks...
Tags: