Windows 10: PC hard freezes on reset

Discus and support PC hard freezes on reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been having Driver issues lately so i figured the best way to fix it was a windows reset. The process goes fine up until i reach the actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vixcell, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Vixcell Win User

PC hard freezes on reset

I've been having Driver issues lately so i figured the best way to fix it was a windows reset. The process goes fine up until i reach the actually Resetting page where it just freezes at 12% - 16% and even the loading symbol freezes too. Would really appriciate the help.

:)

Vixcell, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

3. Far Cry 4 - computer froze. Only hard reset helps.

ello. Yesterday when playing Far Cry 4 my computer suddenly freezes with "BZZZZZ" sound.
    Only hard reset helps. So after reset i again run Far Cry 4 and left for 12 hours in background. And after 12 hours without freez, all fine. But why i was had one single freez yesterday ( only hard reset helps ) ?
    There is no any minidumps file to analyze. Minidump folder is empty.
    I run even Prime95 for 10 hours, without errors.

My pc is:
    4790 stock
    8gb ram
    Sabertooth Z79 Mark2
    Asus Strix 980 ( Oc factory )
    Corsair 750 RM
    HDD 500GB SATAIII

I dont OC my pc, all is stock.
    I am using 334.75 WHQL.

IS this game\software problem or hardware?
    Like i say all is fine now, but i am worried about that one single freez ( only hard reset helps ) from yesterday.
    Thank you for any suggestion.
    Should i be worried?

litwicki24, Jan 12, 2021
  4. IggSter Win User

PC hard freezes on reset

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

PC hard freezes on reset

1. PC hard freezes on reset - Similar Threads - hard freezes reset

2. How to fix PC hard freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix PC hard freezing: My PC used to hard freeze when I was gaming and I thought it may be due to the PC overheating so I didn't think much of it. However, it has now started to hard freeze when I do simple things like browsing the web and has become very annoying as I am having to constantly hard...
  3. Hard pc reset issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard pc reset issue: After I reset my computer through windows it won't show me the windows setup menu, it only shows a black screen. It shows me the bios menu and when I hit f8 I can get into the windows recovery menu but it requires a password I didn't set up....
  4. Hard pc reset issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard pc reset issue: After I reset my computer through windows it won't show me the windows setup menu, it only shows a black screen. It shows me the bios menu and when I hit f8 I can get into the windows recovery menu but it requires a password I didn't set up....
  5. Hard pc reset issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. PC hard freezes occasionnally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC hard freezes occasionnally: Hello. I Built myself a new computer last month. Here are the specs: CPU: i7 9700k - GPU : ASUS ROG strix 2070 RTX SUPER RAM: 3200 mhz Corsair Vengenace 2x16 GB SSD: Crucial P.1 1TB Cooler: Corsair h115i platinum 280MM PSU: Corsair rm750x motherboard: MPG z390 gaming pro...
  7. Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset

Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset: Hi, I recently assembles a PC. it was working fine until past few days where it goes into a freeze. I have no other option than to perform a hard reset. As nothing works. Everything just freezes. Past week I am continuously on support calls where they perform sfc scans,...
  8. Random freezing / have to hard reset.

Random freezing / have to hard reset.: Hello, My Windows randomly keeps freezing up on me. I have read multiple threads on this forum but none of the solutions helped me. I've tried switching HDD's, reinstalling Windows 10. Tested my ram with Memtest for 8 hours, no issues. Tested HDD's no bad sectors found....
  9. Windows freezes that require hard reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows freezes that require hard reset: Hello, I am just going to take you through what happened and what I have done. A week ago I was playing games on steam and just went AFK for the day and when I came back in the evening I tried to launch a game (RUST) and it just didn't load and soon game was not...
  10. Pc resetting at 10% and freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc resetting at 10% and freezes: I had to do a pc reset on a diffrent pc. Everything went ok and pc reset froze at 10 % for ages.So i turned off pc and restarted it hoping this should be ok.Pc restarted ok but a box appears stating windows installation encountered an unexpected error click ok and restart pc...