Windows 10: PC hard locking, no BSOD

Discus and support PC hard locking, no BSOD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night my PC kept hard locking after 3-4 hours of gaming. It's the first night this has begun happening... I am looking through the event viewer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Milly1, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Milly1 Win User

PC hard locking, no BSOD

Last night my PC kept hard locking after 3-4 hours of gaming. It's the first night this has begun happening... I am looking through the event viewer and I'm not seeing many red flags leading up to this.

My laptop is a Lenovo l340 gaming.

Can anyone help? *Sad

:)

Milly1, Apr 12, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 12, 2020
  3. little cat, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC hard locking, no BSOD

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

PC hard locking, no BSOD

1. PC hard locking, no BSOD - Similar Threads - hard locking BSOD

2. PC will hard restart, BSOD without display, BSOD normally, and hard freeze.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will hard restart, BSOD without display, BSOD normally, and hard freeze.: I've been having trouble with my computer since June of last year. It started when Diablo 4 came out, my pc would go black and restart randomly when playing that. Usually I would look back and see I had a BSOD that I just couldn't see.My pc would occasionally do this until it...
  3. PC will hard restart, BSOD without display, BSOD normally, and hard freeze.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will hard restart, BSOD without display, BSOD normally, and hard freeze.: I've been having trouble with my computer since June of last year. It started when Diablo 4 came out, my pc would go black and restart randomly when playing that. Usually I would look back and see I had a BSOD that I just couldn't see.My pc would occasionally do this until it...
  4. PC will hard restart, BSOD without display, BSOD normally, and hard freeze.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset

Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset: Hello! I've been experiencing soft program locks unresponsive but can be closed without force quit, hard locks completely unresponsive system and hard reset involuntary hardware resets. Here's the hardware error I found. Description A problem with your hardware caused...
  6. Hard Locks and BSODs on boot (with no dumps)

Hard Locks and BSODs on boot (with no dumps): Evening all, It's been a while since I've posted in any of these forums so bear with me. We have a Dell XPS 13 9360 running Windows 10 that does one of these two things at least once a week: - Boot fine, operate for a while, then hard lock. No BSOD ever displayed and no...
  7. Random hard locks no BSOD

Random hard locks no BSOD: about 7 days ago my computer began to start freezing up with no common denominator (Gaming, no gaming, browsing, no browsing, watching media, no media, etc) I got frustrated so I tried to disable some drivers and that sent me into a BSOD on boot INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE so I...
  8. PC locks up randomly (No BSOD)

PC locks up randomly (No BSOD): Not sure if my title is too vague, but here is my issue. Recently built a new PC, running Win 10 pro. Had issue with graphics card and removed to RMA it. Got new CPU to utilize integrated graphics ports. Every once in a while (about once or twice a week) PC will lock-up,...
  9. PC Hard Power Off - No BSOD

PC Hard Power Off - No BSOD: So I believe this has happened at least twice this week, but basically my PC is just powering off, then restarting as if it has lost power. No BSOD. No clean shutdown. At first I thought the power in my house blinked, but it happened again today and no one else's PC shut off....
  10. Hard Drive Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Locked: Hello so before this problem occurred I attempted to transfer my main drive with Windows 10 on it to a larger drive using the western digital software. After this my computer restarted, and when I tried signed in I would get a flickering screen/black screen with cursor. I...