Windows 10: PC Hard Power Off - No BSOD

Discus and support PC Hard Power Off - No BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I believe this has happened at least twice this week, but basically my PC is just powering off, then restarting as if it has lost power. No BSOD. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by baddopey, Jan 11, 2017.

1. baddopey Win User

PC Hard Power Off - No BSOD

So I believe this has happened at least twice this week, but basically my PC is just powering off, then restarting as if it has lost power. No BSOD. No clean shutdown. At first I thought the power in my house blinked, but it happened again today and no one else's PC shut off. My bios is set to stay turned off in the event of a power loss, but the PC does reboot when this issue occurs so I am thinking it may be BSOD type issue, and just not showing the blue screen.

I've had this PC for a while, my most recent change was about a month ago when I replaced my SSD. Other than that, no new software or hardware.

Hopefully someone can help shed some light on the issue

Attachment 116855

:)

baddopey, Jan 11, 2017

2. BSOD's All The Time

I've actually looked at Event Viewer and found it was kernel-power ID 41 causing the BSODs. I think i may have fixed it by de-activating fast startup and stopping my hard drive being turned off in Power Options.

LeeJoynson, Jan 11, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Accessing safe mode from the bios?

Sorry. Let the PC start and error (BSOD or whatever) then press and hold the power button to turn it off, then power on again to error. Do this twice and the third time it should take you to the Repair screen.

neilpzz, Jan 11, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

No BSOD, no dumps. All I see if this in the eventlog.txt (twice):

Code: Event[4219]: Log Name: System Source: EventLog Date: 2017-01-12T12:00:00.197 Event ID: 6013 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-0N9DPNA Description: The system uptime is 40447 seconds. Event[4220]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General Date: 2017-01-12T12:42:10.713 Event ID: 12 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-0N9DPNA Description: The operating system started at system time ?2017?-?01?-?12T18:42:10.499495200Z.[/quote] No clue as to what happened unfortunately. The previous entry is at 12 midnight then the message about the operating system starting with no intervening shutdown. Sounds like the system is going to sleep and getting some kinf od error that forces it to boot.

Ztruker, Jan 12, 2017
  5. baddopey Win User
    Turns out it WAS the SSD. The one I bought failed, got a replacement, and that one failed as well.

Thanks for the help!

baddopey, Jan 30, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    So where do you stand now? Do you have a good, working SSD or are you waiting for one?

Ztruker, Jan 31, 2017
  7. baddopey Win User
    Well the after my replacement ssd finally outright failed, and being that I work from home on this PC I ended up having to go to microcenter and buy a new drive. And not to be outdone, I replaced these failing Plextor MP8e drives with a 1TB Samsung 960 Pro - cost me a cool $650 but at least its working for now.

baddopey, Jan 31, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Okay, thanks for the update.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Hard Power Off - No BSOD - Similar Threads - Hard Power Off

2. Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD: I have been BSOD or sudden shutdown on my ASUS laptop everyweek. I've tried reinstalled Windows but it doesnt help. It usually happens when i was charging from wall. I have upload the kernel power and minidump It wasnt the lastest one becasuse my computer just sudden shutdown...
  3. Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD: I have been BSOD or sudden shutdown on my ASUS laptop everyweek. I've tried reinstalled Windows but it doesnt help. It usually happens when i was charging from wall. I have upload the kernel power and minidump It wasnt the lastest one becasuse my computer just sudden shutdown...
  4. Kernel Power 41-63 Sudden Power OFF and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC hard locking, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    PC hard locking, no BSOD: Last night my PC kept hard locking after 3-4 hours of gaming. It's the first night this has begun happening... I am looking through the event viewer and I'm not seeing many red flags leading up to this. My laptop is a Lenovo l340 gaming. Can anyone help? *Sad 154106
  6. PC Power off/sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Power off/sleep: Windows will not let my PC power off or go into 'sleep' mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-power-offsleep/85539172-e49a-47f8-bb69-19fee5d1aae2
  7. PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC - Power Off - Sleep mode: 10-64 Updated to 10/04/2019 - KB4493464,4493478,4023057. After powering off if I select key powers on again. Has happened several times. Am certain correct key used to turn off. Appreciate assistance please. Rgds. 131083
  8. External Hard Drive Power Off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Power Off?: I have a WD 2TB Mypassport drive and for some reason after I shut down my desktop it still has power to it and the light blinks. I want to completely shut off everything when I shut down my PC. I checked all of the power setting and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have...
  9. Turning off Hard Drives to Reduce Noise/Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off Hard Drives to Reduce Noise/Power: My desktop has 1 SSD and 4 HDDs, running Windows off the SSD I want to turn the hard drives off when I'm not using them in order to reduce noise from the PC and power consumption (it does matter to me because I often run my PC off a UPS). What are my best options for doing...
  10. Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD)

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD): Hello, My computer powered off suddenly without BSOD. I would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you, Kevin 98729