Windows 10: PC Hard Restarting While Gaming; Issue Appeared Randomly Out Of Nowhere

Discus and support PC Hard Restarting While Gaming; Issue Appeared Randomly Out Of Nowhere in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all. This issue first started happening to me a month or two ago. The entire computer will freeze for several seconds before the monitor or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZackW13, Dec 23, 2019.

1. ZackW13 Win User

PC Hard Restarting While Gaming; Issue Appeared Randomly Out Of Nowhere

Hey all.

This issue first started happening to me a month or two ago. The entire computer will freeze for several seconds before the monitor or monitors turns a single, random color while the speakers play a loud BBRRRTTT sound and the whole pc shuts down. It immediately reboots with no trouble, but everything I had open is closed and the system is aware it experienced a hard shutdown.

It used to be the case that I could immediately reopen Destiny and resume playing for hours without any further trouble, but the problem now occurs every single time I try to play the game, and within seconds of doing anything aside from chilling in the single-player idle menu. The game will start up fine, I'll be able to select my class with no problems, and I can chill on the introductory screen indefinitely without issue. I'll select any destinationband it'll go through the loading sequence flawlessly every time, but the second my screen changes from the loading fly-up sequence to the start of player control, the game can crash at any time. The fastest crash happened before my character even rendered, while the longest I've been able to play in the past two weeks was 20 minutes, but then it died again.

Here's the comp specs. I'm playing on a plugged-in MSI Dominator Pro gaming laptop with a GTX 1070, i7-6700HQ core processors, 8gb of GDDR5 video memory, and the game itself is saved on the 1TB solid state hard drive. It's 3.5 years old, and it has zero issues with literally anything else I've ever done; it only crashes on Destiny 2, and only in the last two months. The issue doesn't seem tied to the graphics, because no matter what level of settings I roll with the game disintegrates. The GEForce app continues to recommend that I play the game at maximum everything which doesn't even come close to maxing out my available video memory, according to the in-game calculator on the video settings screen, but even on the lowest of low it still craps out every time. I use an ethernet connection that's perfectly stable, and I've tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game to no avail. I've also had the built-in MSI diagnostic software running while I deliberately baited out the issue, all it showed me was that the CPU and GPU temperatures were totally normal, and that the memory/cpu/gpu usage were highest in the space loading sequences but completely normal and unremarkable at the time of the crashes while at a destination.

Anyone have any idea at all what I can try next? I've been looking through the event logs, but all I can seem to find is a statement that the system shut down unexpectedly with no further useful info although I'm no expert with the event log lingo. Is there some Windows 10 update that's happened recently that's prevented the game from accessing my hardware like it used to? I can't think of any explanations for why this game and this game alone is suddenly hard-restarting a computer that's handled it effortlessly for 3.5 years and continues to handle every other game with ease. The game itself has not had any major overhauls in the last few months that would explain this issue, at least to my knowledge. I've sent these same inquiries to the developer, but haven't heard back just yet.

Thanks in advance!

:)

ZackW13, Dec 23, 2019
  2. little cat, Dec 23, 2019
  3. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Dec 23, 2019
  4. mk_ln Win User

Hard drive, not system, randomly restarting?

Hi,

I recently noticed that one (maybe 2) of my hard drives power off and power on a few seconds later. I have a dual boot system and it seems that the boot disk w/ XP is the one with the issue. I will be using Vista and I will hear a drive power down and then restart/spin-up again - similar to the sound when the whole system powers down and powers on, respectively. This happens regardless of load and seems to happen randomly.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance *Smile PC Hard Restarting While Gaming; Issue Appeared Randomly Out Of Nowhere :)

mk_ln, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

1. PC Hard Restarting While Gaming; Issue Appeared Randomly Out Of Nowhere - Similar Threads - Hard Restarting While

2. Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.: So i got this system that in the beginning worked fine, but after a day or two its just started completely freezing. Sometimes when im downloading, sometimes when im just in my browser and sometimes when its just idle. It never freezes when im gaming so i thought this was...
  3. Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.: So i got this system that in the beginning worked fine, but after a day or two its just started completely freezing. Sometimes when im downloading, sometimes when im just in my browser and sometimes when its just idle. It never freezes when im gaming so i thought this was...
  4. Random Keyboard Languages appear out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Keyboard Languages appear out of nowhere.: This has happened before, I don't even remember how I fixed it. I 'm using Windows 11.Just randomly, I go to switch languages on my keyboard only to find out that I have extra language packages that I didn't install. I go to the Time & Language > Language & Region > Options...
  5. Random Keyboard Languages appear out of nowhere.

Random Keyboard Languages appear out of nowhere.: This has happened before, I don't even remember how I fixed it. I 'm using Windows 11.Just randomly, I go to switch languages on my keyboard only to find out that I have extra language packages that I didn't install. I go to the Time & Language > Language & Region > Options...
  6. PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming: Starting a few days ago on February 7th my PC has been randomly restarting while gaming for NO REASON. I didn't install anything at all that day that could've possibly messed up my PC, I just got on to play like any ordinary day. Researching through google one of the main...
  7. PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming: Starting a few days ago on February 7th my PC has been randomly restarting while gaming for NO REASON. I didn't install anything at all that day that could've possibly messed up my PC, I just got on to play like any ordinary day. Researching through google one of the main...
  8. PC randomly restarting while gaming and sometimes while not gaming

9. Restarts out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarts out of nowhere: Hi people. My laptop restarts randomly when im working/gaming or doing anything on the pc for that matter. It shows me this message and I tried some ways to get rid of it, uninstalled some unimportant and unnecessary software and applications but I continue to face this...
  10. Pc randomly started crashing in game out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly started crashing in game out of nowhere: my pc keeps crashing to desktop after around 5 mins of gameplay. All temps are below 65 and around 50 fps. Then all of a sudden it crashes. It freezes then comes back for a split second and then fully crashes. Specs are as follows: ryzen 3 1200, nvidia msi geforce gtx 1050...