Windows 10: PC has been bricked by the new update

Discus and support PC has been bricked by the new update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Update has bricked my pc - got stuck in a boot loop, couldn't reset, couldn't roll back windows update. Startup recovery didn't work. I did a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/2scoopwh3y, Dec 14, 2020.

1. PC has been bricked by the new update

Update has bricked my pc - got stuck in a boot loop, couldn't reset, couldn't roll back windows update. Startup recovery didn't work. I did a clean install and everything was working fine untill I tried installing the video drivers - got a BSOD and got stuck in the same boot loop again. BSOD says VIDEO TDR FAILURE, and it says nvlddmkm.sys is what failed. Before I did a clean install, my BSODs said CRITICAL PROCESS DIED.

I have a ryzen 5 3600 CPU and an rtx 3060ti. When I put my rx 580 in after the clean install windows froze while doing the an video driver installation. After restarting I was stuck on a black screen with spinning dots. I put the 3060ti afterwards to test and it seemed to work until I tried installing the latest Nvidia drivers; got the BSOD and boot loop after that.

Any help would be appreciated, I've spent hours trying to troubleshoot the issues.

Edit: typo movies > video

submitted by /u/2scoopwh3y
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/2scoopwh3y, Dec 14, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 14, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Dec 14, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

PC has been bricked by the new update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC has been bricked by the new update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

PC has been bricked by the new update

1. PC has been bricked by the new update - Similar Threads - has been bricked

2. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows update bricked my pc: I don't know what version it was exactly, but whatever mandatory update that Windows forced my pc to do broke my pc. My pc was working perfectly fine, then one day I left my PC on while I was laying in bed and when I got back on my PC it was still on, but I couldn't get it to...
  3. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows update bricked my pc: I don't know what version it was exactly, but whatever mandatory update that Windows forced my pc to do broke my pc. My pc was working perfectly fine, then one day I left my PC on while I was laying in bed and when I got back on my PC it was still on, but I couldn't get it to...
  4. New Windows update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update bricking pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update bricking pc?: Hello, I need help solving a problem a windows update has created on my pc. I faced a similar issue with the update yesterday and managed to get into windows recovery not entirely sure how. The update seemed to have force removed my amd graphics drivers so I reinstalled them...
  6. Update bricking pc?

Update bricking pc?: Hello, I need help solving a problem a windows update has created on my pc. I faced a similar issue with the update yesterday and managed to get into windows recovery not entirely sure how. The update seemed to have force removed my amd graphics drivers so I reinstalled them...
  7. Windows 11 bricked the BIOS has been fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 bricked the BIOS has been fixed?: I want to upgrade to Windows 11 using my USB on my Dell Inspiron 3593. But I did hear some bad news about Windows 11 bricks Dell's laptop destroying the BIOS. I want to ask if this problem has been fixed or not?...
  8. Windows 11 bricked the BIOS has been fixed?

Windows 11 bricked the BIOS has been fixed?: I want to upgrade to Windows 11 using my USB on my Dell Inspiron 3593. But I did hear some bad news about Windows 11 bricks Dell's laptop destroying the BIOS. I want to ask if this problem has been fixed or not?...
  9. Latest update has bricked the OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has bricked the OS: I’ve been asked fix an issue for a friend but have found that the last Windows 10 update (KB4577032 and KB4576482) has invalidated all drivers, and corrupted the OS in such a way that I’m unable to rest or recovery it. I’ve tried: - Repair and then uninstalling the offending...
  10. PC has been bricked, probably by a Windows update (nothing new)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC has been bricked, probably by a Windows update (nothing new): It started with the Blue Screen of Death, error message "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". I tried everything I could and nothing worked. So I thought "hmm maybe it was another one of those crappy Windows updates.." and so I selected from the troubleshoot page to uninstall the latest...