Windows 10: PC has been crashing during gaming No BSOD

Discus and support PC has been crashing during gaming No BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC has recently started crashing for no reason today while playing a game and I'm not sure why. I haven't made any huge changes to the PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bluecew, Jan 26, 2021.

1. bluecew Win User

PC has been crashing during gaming No BSOD

My PC has recently started crashing for no reason today while playing a game and I'm not sure why. I haven't made any huge changes to the PC and haven't downloaded any new programs, it has been working fine until today. I'm don't know what is suddenly causing these crashes, it could possibly be the game that I am playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, or the PC itself. The thing is, yesterday and beyond I have been playing the same game without any crashing but today, I can't play for more than 30 minutes without crashing. One time the PC crashed in 25 minutes of playtime, and another time I couldn't even get in 5 minutes of play time. I haven't tested any other games other than AC Valhalla since the crashing started, but I have played a variety of heavy games before with no problems. Also, this is not a BSOD crash, it is just a freeze, black screen, then reboot the audio also glitches out.

I would like to know what the cause of the sudden crashing is and how to fix it because it is annoying.

:)

bluecew, Jan 26, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jan 26, 2021
  4. PC has been crashing during gaming No BSOD

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

PC has been crashing during gaming No BSOD

1. PC has been crashing during gaming No BSOD - Similar Threads - has been crashing

2. My PC has been crashing daily

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC has been crashing daily: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎1/‎3/‎2021 2:59 AM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffffa50ea35b1010 Parameter...
  3. PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming.

PC crashes and reboots automatically during gaming.: I am having an issue where my desktop computer has begun randomly crashing and restarting. It happens when I move in and out of a graphically intensive program, like a video game ex. alt tabbing out of game and back in again. The computer is on a 1000va battery backup that is...
  4. PC daily crashing during gaming

PC daily crashing during gaming: Hello I recently upgraded my graphics card and did a fresh install of windows 10 on my PC and am constantly getting crashes where everything freezes and then goes black and I have to manually shut off and turn on my PC. Upgraded to an AMD Radeon 5600XT. Other Specs: OS...
  5. BSOD - Crash during game - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_FAILURE

BSOD - Crash during game - CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_FAILURE: Blue screened during game of Football Manager 2020 on 'continuing' in game. Have had a number of crashes, not always BSOD. PC built last December ish. MSinfo32 and Minidump files uploaded here in a .zip folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
  6. PUBG PC LITE game has been crashed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PUBG PC LITE game has been crashed: Hello, My pubg pc lite game has been crashed. sometimes it's running on safe mode and sometimes not. what i do? please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pubg-pc-lite-game-has-been-crashed/5842ff66-7d17-4c2b-8288-b65cdb4df81e"
  7. pc makes a buzzing crashes during gaming and has to be restaeted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc makes a buzzing crashes during gaming and has to be restaeted: pc keeps crashing while gaming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-makes-a-buzzing-crashes-during-gaming-and-has/b31aea79-7442-4ea2-84f0-0302427351ce
  8. BSOD during gaming

BSOD during gaming: Hi, so I have been experiencing blue screens during any form of intensive gaming e.g. Battlefield, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I assumed it was a memory related issue, I have replaced the kit of RAM I was using to no success. I have since also replaced my motherboard as it was...
  9. Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming

Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming: Hello. and thank you in advance. I have recently been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes. Mostly when I am playing games (which game game doesn't matter). However I have also crashed while just browsing the web and even during a windows update. Also in my Windows...
  10. Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming: Hello. and thank you in advance. I have recently been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes. Mostly when I am playing games (which game game doesn't matter). However I have also crashed while just browsing the web and even during a windows update. Also in my Windows...