Windows 10: PC has been restarting a lot since installing more RAM

Discus and support PC has been restarting a lot since installing more RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently installed another 16gb of RAM into my PC and after switching tabs in Firefox after about an hour an error popped up and my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigMeatBobby, Dec 30, 2020.

1. PC has been restarting a lot since installing more RAM

I recently installed another 16gb of RAM into my PC and after switching tabs in Firefox after about an hour an error popped up and my computer restarted. It happened again a few hours later while I was playing a game which was when I did the memory test thing but nothing happened after it finished testing and restarted so I just assumed everything was fine. I didn’t get another error for a couple days but while playing a game it happened again. This time I got a look at the error message and it said “store data structure corruption” but I don’t know if it was the same thing for all the other errors.

I’m assuming it’s the RAM since that’s the only thing that’s changed in the last few days (I did get a few errors a few months ago so maybe there’s just been a long gap between an existing problem). I read somewhere that the error message could also be about my SSD which might be the case since it’s about 7 years old but I don’t know how to fix it. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/BigMeatBobby
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigMeatBobby, Dec 30, 2020

2. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Dec 30, 2020
  3. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Yes I tried what we spoke about and still the problem. I have lowered the speed and timings to what was suggested and have just played over an hour with no problems. Will now try my music software and hope I have no problems *Smile PC has been restarting a lot since installing more RAM :)

Daryl Gill, Dec 30, 2020
  4. PC has been restarting a lot since installing more RAM

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

PC has been restarting a lot since installing more RAM

1. PC has been restarting a lot since installing more RAM - Similar Threads - has been restarting

2. My PC is using a lot of RAM for nothing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My PC is using a lot of RAM for nothing: HELP!Something is using my RAM in a very excessive amount. I only have like 4 GB and it's literally using 3.6 GB of it while there is nothing running. I noticed this because when I opened Minecraft, it showed an enormous lag, and it crashed. When I checked the Task manager,...
  3. My pc has been crashing more frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc has been crashing more frequently: Hi so basically my PC has been crashing a lot lately and I'm worried the more it happens it may damage my pc permanently or maybe it already has. can anybody help me? This is always whats appearing when ever I crash and it happens mostly when I play games.Log Name: System...
  4. Lots of Ram unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lots of Ram unusable: I recently put a new 8gb stick of ram in my computer. I wasn't accustomed to the process unfortunately, however when I got the computer to "show" the ram I checked via the about in settings on windows 10 it did say 11gb the number it was supposed to be however the usable...
  5. Windows won't restart after installing updates, problem has been going on since February

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't restart after installing updates, problem has been going on since February: I have been having problems since February with the following set of updates. On my settings it keeps stating the following: Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4551762)...
  6. HOME PC HAS DECIDED TO RECOVER AND HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO LOAD WINDOWS SINCE

HOME PC HAS DECIDED TO RECOVER AND HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO LOAD WINDOWS SINCE: I NEEDED TO REFRESH MY PC BECAUSE I WAS HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH RECEIVING THE NEW UPDATE. MY HARD DRIVE WAS ALMOST FULL. SO I DECIDED TO TRY THE RESET WELL IT COMPLETED AND NOW IT WILL ONLY LOAD THE WINDOWS SIGN THEN GOES INTO THE BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH. SO I LOOKED ON THE...
  7. Installing more ram to windows 10

Installing more ram to windows 10: How can more ram be installed to windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-more-ram-to-windows-10/773506b3-f920-4b68-8f1e-bda11366eaaa
  8. Installing more ram

Installing more ram: I am trying to upgrade my ram. I had 6 mg total a 4 and a 2 ,I purchased a new 4mg but when I installed it I get a screen that says preparing automatic repair the a screen that says PC ran into problem and needs to restart. We will restart. This cycle just continues time...
  9. My VMware Player has been crashing a lot

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    My VMware Player has been crashing a lot: My VMware Player has been crashing a lot. In fact once there was a series of about 5 fatal error dialogs which cascaded in a rather aesthetic and soothing fashion. Before I go to VMware for help, does anyone here have any advice which might smooth out the process. 33908
  10. More ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    More ram: hi,guys I have a dell inspiron m5040 laptop, it seems to load web pages a bit on the slow side, I note its using 4 GB of ram at the moment, I believe I can add a further 4 GB of ram, do you guys think the upgrade to a total of 8 GB of ram would load web pages faster, thanks...