Windows 10: Pc has been taking way too long to boot up past couple of days and I can't figure out why...

Discus and support Pc has been taking way too long to boot up past couple of days and I can't figure out why... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NocturnalEternal [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NocturnalEternal, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Pc has been taking way too long to boot up past couple of days and I can't figure out why...

/u/NocturnalEternal, Nov 25, 2019
  2. shubhzr Win User

Windows 10 taking too long to boot.

few days back I updated my pc to windows 10 although features are good, but its taking too much time for booting.

it takes around 5 mins to start its so irritating and same takes too long to log off.

anyone with the same problem?

please give suggestions.

thanks

shubhzr, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Raj P25 Win User
    Win 10 suddenly takes long time to boot

Gerry

I had reported the above mentioned problem a few days back and then after updating Skype to the latest version, the problem went away and my laptop was booting very fast. But from last two days my laptop is again taking long time to boot, Again I went to
    “Programs and features” to see if any new programs were auto updated and I did find a few programs in the list that were updated the day before the problem started (but strangely some of the updates were not to the latest version of those software’s). So I
    updated some of those to the latest version (those that I could find updates) and restarted my laptop and waited for couple of days but it was of no use.

So today I thought I will upload the System Info file and Event viewer log to One Drive so that you can take a look at it. I have started my laptop and waited for 30 minutes before saving the files. Please look at it and see if you can figure out the problem.

The links to files on One Drive are as below. (When saving Event log file it created a folder called LocaleMetadata and a file was present there as well. Not sure whether it was needed or not, but I thought I will upload that as well.)

Shared items 3-5-2017 (2)

It is the first time I am uploading and sharing files using One Drive, so if I have done any mistakes, let me know and I will correct it and upload again. (I did follow all the steps mentioned in your reply.)

Raj

Raj P25, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Pc has been taking way too long to boot up past couple of days and I can't figure out why...

It take too long to boot in my windows 10

Hi,

The reason that the system takes too long for it to boot might be due to the Startup items running in Windows10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Please answer to a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• Which update are you referring to?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to disable the Startup items and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Task Manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del.
    • Click the Startup tab and look through the list of programs that are enabled to run during startup. Then to stop them from running, right-click the program and select
      Disable.
    You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      Yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Do let us know whether the computer boots faster after following the above steps.
    If the issue still persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Pc has been taking way too long to boot up past couple of days and I can't figure out why...

1. Pc has been taking way too long to boot up past couple of days and I can't figure out why... - Similar Threads - has been taking

2. Why my pc is taking too long to reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my pc is taking too long to reset?: I put on my pc to reset yesterday at 10pm. It's 9 o'clock in the morning. And the progress is still "30% downloading" like it was last night. It didn't even move for 1%.I chose to clean only the drive which had windows. My product is from ASUS and the product had windows 11...
  3. Why my pc is taking too long to reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my pc is taking too long to reset?: I put on my pc to reset yesterday at 10pm. It's 9 o'clock in the morning. And the progress is still "30% downloading" like it was last night. It didn't even move for 1%.I chose to clean only the drive which had windows. My product is from ASUS and the product had windows 11...
  4. downloads taking way too long to complete.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloads taking way too long to complete.: Hi my name is AayanI have been using microsoft store for a long time and came up with this bug.whenever i try to update an app, it takes too long and gets stuck on pending. At one point, microsoft store stopped completely and whenever i tried to open it, it does not open up....
  5. Windows takes too long to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows takes too long to boot: Hey guys, For more than a month, I've been experiencing exceedingly long boot times on my Windows 10 PC. At times it takes up to 5-7 minutes too load, and all I can see during that time is a black blank screen after the Windows logo disappears. Often even after it...
  6. Windows Update Taking WAY Too Long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Taking WAY Too Long: I started the process of updating and restrarting my PC at around 10:23PM. It is currently 12:10AM and my PC is stuck on the "working on updates, dont turn off your pc. This will take a while" screen at only 26%! I cant stay awake all night waiting for this stupid thing to...
  7. Taskbar taking way too long to load on start up

Taskbar taking way too long to load on start up: Hi there, Basically on boot the taskbar is taking far too long to load between 5-15mins i have the os installed on a ssd which is only for os and apps. pc specs: ryzen 3600 32gb 3200mhz ram 5700xt Windows is up to date aswell as my drivers. please someone...
  8. Windows installation takes way too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows installation takes way too long: I wanted a clean windows installation again. It’s been 2 hours already and I am only at 14%! How is this possible something must be broken? I cant wait all night (I need my pc tomorrow for work) Should I shut down and restart my pc? submitted by /u/Azertity [link]...
  9. Bluetooth Devices taking WAY too long to show up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Devices taking WAY too long to show up: My Bluetooth devices, when I open metro settings app, take WAY too long to show up. They take about 5 minutes to show up in the "Bluetooth and Other Devices" section of the menu. Any solutions?...
  10. Windows taking too long to boot

Windows taking too long to boot: This issue is happening for me for a while now, searched several sources, tried multiple solutions and no success so far. My Windows is taking a long time to boot, over 2 minutes. I have 2 computers here at home, the one that has this issue uses an NVMe SSD from Samsung (Evo...