Windows 10: PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot

Discus and support PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Basically I was going to play Valorant but I needed to enable FTPM and Secure Boot however when I did it started turning off and on again so i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TateLovell, Jun 12, 2024.

1. PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot

Basically I was going to play Valorant but I needed to enable FTPM and Secure Boot however when I did it started turning off and on again so i tried resetting BIOS using the CMOS battery and taking it out for 5 mins and putting it back in. However now the PC gives me no display and after a minute or two the fans just stop and start continuously. Ryzen 5 3600RX 6600Gigabyte B450 M Motherboard650W PSU

:)

TateLovell, Jun 12, 2024

2. My pc will only turn onto the bios settings

If your PC is only turning on to the BIOS settings and you are unable to boot into Windows, it may be due to a hardware issue or a problem with the operating system. Here are some steps you can take to try and fix the issue:

1. Check the boot order in BIOS:
    • Enter the BIOS settings by pressing the appropriate key (usually F2 or Del) during startup.
    • Look for the "Boot" or "Boot Order" section and ensure that the hard drive or SSD that contains the operating system is set as the first boot device.
    • Save any changes and exit the BIOS.
    1. Check for loose connections:
    • Turn off your PC and unplug it from the power source.
    • Open up the PC case and check all connections between components (such as the hard drive or SSD and the motherboard) to ensure they are properly seated.
    • Close the PC case, plug it back in, and turn it on to see if the issue is resolved.
    1. Perform a startup repair:
    • Use the Windows installation media (such as a USB drive or DVD) to boot into the advanced options screen.
    • Select "Startup Repair" and follow the prompts to attempt to repair any issues with the Windows operating system.
    1. Reinstall Windows:
    • Use the Windows installation media to perform a fresh install of the operating system.
    • Note that this will erase all data on the hard drive or SSD, so make sure to backup any important files beforehand.
    If none of these steps solve the issue and you continue to see the "no bootable device detected" message, it may be due to a hardware failure such as a faulty hard drive or SSD. In that case, you may need to replace the failing component or seek professional assistance.

65469cec-2b17-4516-ba75-4ed12f8e3083, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot

I’m trying to download valorant and need to turn on secure boot but whenever I turn on my pc it doesn’t give me the option and if I try to go into settings and hit the advanced reset button it turns off my monitor and I have to manually turn off my pc. Any suggestions?

Silas Bobrow, Jun 12, 2024
  4. PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot

Disable secure boot when field is greyed out in bios

I want to disable secure boot so I can try to boot the laptop from a usb instead.

I found this, which was not helpful due to the field being greyed out in the bios and not adjustable.
    -----------------------------
    In order to disable the secure boot option please follow the options as given below.

1. Open the PC BIOS menu. You can often access this menu by pressing a key during the boot up sequence, such as F1, F2, F12, or Esc.
    Or, from Windows, hold the Shift key while selecting Restart. Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options: UEFI Firmware Settings.

1. Find the Secure Boot setting, and if possible, set it to Disabled. This option is usually in either the Security tab, the Boot tab, or the Authentication tab.
    2. Save changes and exit. The PC reboots.

Note: IF you make any incorrect changes in BIOS, this may lead to serious problem on your computer so before making any changes to the BIOS, I would suggest you to contact the Computer Manufacturers.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

AntonCarlsson, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot

1. PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot - Similar Threads - has display turns

2. PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot: Basically I was going to play Valorant but I needed to enable FTPM and Secure Boot however when I did it started turning off and on again so i tried resetting BIOS using the CMOS battery and taking it out for 5 mins and putting it back in. However now the PC gives me no...
  3. Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS: Hey i Recently tried changing boot mode in BIOS to Enable secure mode after previously Disabling it because a game launcher asked me to, straight after my computer started boot looping, i tried taking out the CMOS that didn't help, BIOS doesn't seem to be accessible, i even...
  4. Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS

Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS: Hey i Recently tried changing boot mode in BIOS to Enable secure mode after previously Disabling it because a game launcher asked me to, straight after my computer started boot looping, i tried taking out the CMOS that didn't help, BIOS doesn't seem to be accessible, i even...
  5. Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot: I’m trying to download valorant and need to turn on secure boot but whenever I turn on my pc it doesn’t give me the option and if I try to go into settings and hit the advanced reset button it turns off my monitor and I have to manually turn off my pc. Any suggestions?...
  6. Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot

Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot: I’m trying to download valorant and need to turn on secure boot but whenever I turn on my pc it doesn’t give me the option and if I try to go into settings and hit the advanced reset button it turns off my monitor and I have to manually turn off my pc. Any suggestions?...
  7. secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on: I have a "x570 aorus pro wifi" motherboard and im trying to update to windows 11 but i need to enable secure boot. i looked through youtube videos and figured out how to enable it so i did but it took me straight back to the bios and ive looked through old reddit post and...
  8. secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on

secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on: I have a "x570 aorus pro wifi" motherboard and im trying to update to windows 11 but i need to enable secure boot. i looked through youtube videos and figured out how to enable it so i did but it took me straight back to the bios and ive looked through old reddit post and...
  9. secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. When I turn on secure boot, I boot to BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I turn on secure boot, I boot to BIOS: If I turn on secure boot in BIOS, my computer doesn't reset and just stays in BIOS. It also doesn't recognise my Samsung 870 Evo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-secure-boot-i-boot-to-bios/35de57fd-c059-4306-8e1d-7b440391774f