Windows 10: PC has problem starting after latest Windows update. Reboot causes screen to flash on & off...

Discus and support PC has problem starting after latest Windows update. Reboot causes screen to flash on & off... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Latest WINDOWS update has caused serious problems to start or reboot PC. When Wallpaper appears (which has changed with update) it will not allow to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeKing7, Nov 18, 2018.

1. PC has problem starting after latest Windows update. Reboot causes screen to flash on & off...

Latest WINDOWS update has caused serious problems to start or reboot PC. When Wallpaper appears (which has changed with update) it will not allow to click to enter password. The screen will flash on & off for many minutes before password may be entered to start PC. Numerous attempts for Systems restore have Failed. This condition is not acceptable & fear it would happen to a replacement PC. This condition has occurred for a few days and numerous attempts to reboot has not changed this condition.

:)

GeorgeKing7, Nov 18, 2018

2. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Nov 18, 2018
  3. (KB3124262) causes flashing screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Before we proceed, I would like to know what troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve this issue.

There are two possible explanations for the issue to arise:

• an external device could be the culprit
    • this issue could be due to outdated display drivers and updating them could make the black screen disappear.

To rectify the issue I would suggest that you perform the methods stated below to help us rectify the issue:

Method 1: Check the external devices

• When you are stuck on the Black Screen, unplug all external devices
    • Restart the computer
    • If the black screen has disappeared, add the devices back one at a time to see which piece of hardware is causing this issue
    • Once identified, install updated drivers for that particular piece of hardware.

Method 2: Safe Mode.

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC.

Step 1:

Log into the computer via Safe Mode with Networking, this will help us know if the issue you are facing is related to your drivers. In your case since you are in a no boot scenario, I would suggest that you download and create
    Windows 10 Media Creation Tool form the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Once you have created the tool, follow the steps below to log into Safe Mode from Win RE

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message,
      you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the
      'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the
      Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      'Startup Settings and then Restart
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting from the list of options by pressing the corresponding number on your keyboard.
    Step 2: update the display driver from the Device Manager

• Right click on the Start Menu and select Device Manager
    • Double click to expand Display Adapter
    • Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Then restart the computer and check if the black screen is still there.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 18, 2018
  4. 7.62 Win User

PC has problem starting after latest Windows update. Reboot causes screen to flash on & off...

Windows updates causing lockup

Hi guys.

No, I cant even get the update screen. I cant find a answer on the internet.

Start -> all programs --> windows update --> check for updates.

10 seconds later, complete system lock up requiring a hard reboot. If I try to install a printer that needs to check windows update, same thing.

I even tried the windows update troubleshooter http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter

Then that program 'checks for solutions online', and then hard lock again. VERY frustrating. What would be causing this?

Thema:

PC has problem starting after latest Windows update. Reboot causes screen to flash on & off...

1. PC has problem starting after latest Windows update. Reboot causes screen to flash on & off... - Similar Threads - has problem starting

2. After Win Update Screen Flashes On Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Win Update Screen Flashes On Off: So folks, after a recent windows update, reboot and login, my screen is flashing on off on off, and nothing's loading. Mouse, Start button, nothing works.I hope this is an easy fix! This is a fairly new Thinkpad running Win 10....
  3. After Win Update Screen Flashes On Off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Win Update Screen Flashes On Off: So folks, after a recent windows update, reboot and login, my screen is flashing on off on off, and nothing's loading. Mouse, Start button, nothing works.I hope this is an easy fix! This is a fairly new Thinkpad running Win 10....
  4. The latest update has caused my PC not to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The latest update has caused my PC not to restart: I allowed Microsoft to update my laptop today and now it is frozen with a semicircle and nothing has happened for over an hour. It started to reboot and just stopped. The indicator light is not blinking and it seems to be dead in the water so now I am out of a laptop that is...
  5. The latest update has caused my PC not to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The latest update has caused my PC not to restart: I allowed Microsoft to update my laptop today and now it is frozen with a semicircle and nothing has happened for over an hour. It started to reboot and just stopped. The indicator light is not blinking and it seems to be dead in the water so now I am out of a laptop that is...
  6. The latest update has caused my PC not to restart

7. Latest update has caused my pc not to reboot

Latest update has caused my pc not to reboot: I allowed Microsoft to update my lap top today 29.01.2021 and now it is frozen with a half circle and nothing has happened for over an hour now. It started to reboot and just stopped. The indicator light is not flashing and seems to be dead in the water so now I'm out of a...
  8. Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest Windows 10 updates causing problems after problems: I've no idea what is going on. Launching certain games disables the image on my TV. I unplug and plug the HDMI cable onto my PC again and again but nothing shows up. The computer is still running, but no image is displayed and I am forced to shut it down via the power button....
  9. Latest Windows Update Causes Monitors to flash on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Windows Update Causes Monitors to flash on and off: Using Windows Pro 10 Education Using dual monitors Using a variety of HP machines Latest windows update changes the graphics driver from Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 version 23.20.16.4849 to Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 version 26.20.100.7156 When this is done, the...
  10. Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems: Hello all, today I got a notification from Windows 10 telling me there was a special update that would take longer than a normal one, so I did it and now I have a few problems. #1 when I try to search for something in Settings it always comes up with no search results,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to perform windows recovery enironment in windows 10 if your computers monitor doenst turning on