Windows 10: PC has started to blackscreen after getting stuck on a Disk Check

Discus and support PC has started to blackscreen after getting stuck on a Disk Check in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC has been getting progressively slower to the point now where I am unable to do anything on it. It will take up to 15 minutes to allow me to log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamAnthony1, May 8, 2019.

1. PC has started to blackscreen after getting stuck on a Disk Check

My PC has been getting progressively slower to the point now where I am unable to do anything on it. It will take up to 15 minutes to allow me to log in, and once I have logged in it will take another 10 minutes to load everything on the desktop. I'm unable to use any apps or run any games.

When I sort the 'Disk' tab on task manager, "system" is usually at the top in a red box. I've had the computer for a while now and thought resetting the PC would possibly fix the issue. However when I go to reset the computer, it will get to 100% and then shows the message "there was a problem resetting your PC".

I have tried resetting multiple ways and even via command prompt, however they all give the same end result. I've ran multiple virus scans and nothing has came up. I'm unsure how to fix this issue and every time I attempt to fix it I must wait 5 minutes between every click of the mouse. I know this is an extremely common issue however I have tried all of the main solutions already and none have worked out for me.

If anyone has had similar issues in the past or knows how to resolve this issue please could you let me know.

****UPDATE**** I tried a few more methods to try and fix it, however it has now got to the point where the computer blackscreens once the power button is pressed. The only screen that displays is the "Zoostorm" loadup one, which allows me to enter "UEFI BIOS Utility". Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks, Sam PC has started to blackscreen after getting stuck on a Disk Check :)

:)

SamAnthony1, May 8, 2019

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, May 8, 2019
  3. HeiloHeil Win User
    Check disk not running / stuck / failed

Hello,

I am having a problem with my uncles computer, so I will describe the problem my best.

Basically, the cause of this is unknown. When PC is booted, the Check Disk automatically starts. When I cancel Check Disc before it starts, I can access WIN10, but it is SLOW and basically no programs work (not even cmd). I can not even run programs to check
    what is the problem. Also, some files are missing, so maybe PC starts in safe mode.

When I let Check Disk to run, it starts and at first stage, it gets stuck on 1%. I have let it stay for +18 hours - still stuck at 1%.

In conclusion, when I boot WIN 10 it is slow and gets stuck. When I let PC boot Check Disk it also does not work. I am thinking, that the disk drive may got damaged, but it is a desktop and "shutting down" has been done like it should be.

Does anyone have an idea, what can cause this problem? Because I am out of ideas.

I am going to prepare WIN 10 repair on USB drive, hoping that maybe the update is the reason. Before that I try to let the Check Disk run for 2-3 days.

TLPC has started to blackscreen after getting stuck on a Disk Check :DR - WIN 10 and CHECK DISK do not work.

HeiloHeil, May 8, 2019
  4. PC has started to blackscreen after getting stuck on a Disk Check

Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, May 8, 2019
Thema:

PC has started to blackscreen after getting stuck on a Disk Check

1. PC has started to blackscreen after getting stuck on a Disk Check - Similar Threads - has started blackscreen

2. Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer not starting for specific user after automatic disk check: My friend, after an automatic disk check occurred, logged into his main account and explorer would not start. He could get into other applications via Task Manager, even Control Panel, but the shell itself would not start. The theme was also partly broken, like when you...
  3. Server 2022 stuck in blackscreen after sysprep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2022 stuck in blackscreen after sysprep: Hello I have Hyper-V installed Windows Server 2019. On it I have several VM using windows server 2022. On all the VMs I tried I have the same issue. After sysprep OOEB & generalize, when the system start again, I am seeing the Hyper-V logo -> Getting Ready -> Restarting ->...
  4. Server 2022 stuck in blackscreen after sysprep

Server 2022 stuck in blackscreen after sysprep: Hello I have Hyper-V installed Windows Server 2019. On it I have several VM using windows server 2022. On all the VMs I tried I have the same issue. After sysprep OOEB & generalize, when the system start again, I am seeing the Hyper-V logo -> Getting Ready -> Restarting ->...
  5. Check disk stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Check disk stuck at 99%: Hi!My computer started a check disk upon startup on my external drive. I didn't know what it was and let it run.It now says "Fixing E: Stage 3: 100% 1 of 1: Total 99%; ETA: 0:00:00...", right under the ROG logo. And it has been stuck on that screen for more than 48 hours now....
  6. Check disk stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check disk stuck at 99%: Hi!My computer started a check disk upon startup on my external drive. I didn't know what it was and let it run.It now says "Fixing E: Stage 3: 100% 1 of 1: Total 99%; ETA: 0:00:00...", right under the ROG logo. And it has been stuck on that screen for more than 48 hours now....
  7. Check disk stuck at 99%

8. Stuck Disk Checking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stuck Disk Checking: I have a laptop that has worked fine for many years. Yesterday I unplugged my secondary hard disk without windows, just data. I used a usb adapter to connect it to my other laptop, which worked fine. Upon reinserting it into my first laptop, and booting, it tells me that the...
  9. Disk check stuck at total 99%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk check stuck at total 99%: I have a laptop (Dell Latitude E6430) with an internal 1TB disk with some bad sectors on it (planning to replace it soon, data backed up).. When I switched on the laptop now, it asked for a disk check on that drive and the check ran for about an hour.. right now its stuck...
  10. Check disk not running / stuck / failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Check disk not running / stuck / failed: Hello, I am having a problem with my uncles computer, so I will describe the problem my best. Basically, the cause of this is unknown. When PC is booted, the Check Disk automatically starts. When I cancel Check Disc before it starts, I can access WIN10, but it is SLOW and...