Windows 10: PC has trouble updating new versions of Windows

Discus and support PC has trouble updating new versions of Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been on Windows 10 1909 since 6/30/2019 and every since then I haven't been able to successfully download any updates that have came out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vizzeon, May 11, 2021.

1. Vizzeon Win User

PC has trouble updating new versions of Windows

I've been on Windows 10 1909 since 6/30/2019 and every since then I haven't been able to successfully download any updates that have came out afterwards. Usually when I attempt I go through the typical download process, Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update.When version 2004 was out I'd get error messages: 0x8024000b, 0xc1900101And with version 20h2: 0xc1900101Specs:AMD Ryzen 7 1700x 8 cores16GB RAMAMD Radeon RX 5700XT 8GBRAMI have tried the Update Troubleshooter, DISM and SFC commands, Update Assistant. No luckI even disabled all Startups in the Task Manager. I un

:)

Vizzeon, May 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 11, 2021
  3. Al Burc Win User
    Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, May 11, 2021
  4. Al Burc Win User

Unable to update Windows 10 Pro version 1709 to 1803

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1709 to the latest version 1803 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer

Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101
    • 0x80070643

Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you.

Al Burc, May 11, 2021
Thema:

1. PC has trouble updating new versions of Windows - Similar Threads - has trouble updating

2. Trouble installing Windows Update version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble installing Windows Update version 22H2: Hey smart people,I am having trouble update my PC to the next Windows update version 22H2 for me! The error code on the update history says 0xc1900101. I already tried a Windows reset and it didn't seem to work. After trying a bunch of other things - I am out of ideas and now...
  3. Trouble installing Windows Update version 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble installing Windows Update version 22H2: Hey smart people,I am having trouble update my PC to the next Windows update version 22H2 for me! The error code on the update history says 0xc1900101. I already tried a Windows reset and it didn't seem to work. After trying a bunch of other things - I am out of ideas and now...
  4. Trouble installing Windows Update version 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Troubling Installing Windows on New PC

Troubling Installing Windows on New PC: I built my own PC yesterday and I have had trouble installing Windows 10 on it. I tried downloading the install tool to a USB flash drive, setting the PC to boot from the flash drive, and restarting the PC. After I do that, the screen just says: "reboot and select proper boot...
  6. trouble activating new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    trouble activating new pc: I set up a new pc hoping I could use my old pc's activation but having trouble getting windows to activate. I Removing the activation from my old pc and removed it from my microsoft account but my key wont activate on my new pc.I have my old windows 10 key and my even older...
  7. Trouble updating to latest Windows 10 version

Trouble updating to latest Windows 10 version: I have tried to update my MSI laptop to the latest version of Windows 10. It would download, restart and indicates that it is installing the update. Then the laptop would restart and it would continue to install until 30% completion. It would restart again and then it would...
  8. Having trouble updating to the 2004 version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble updating to the 2004 version.: It has failed three times now. The download finishes and asks for restart. I restart, it gets to around 50-60% and restarts. However, when it comes back, the screen is just black. Nothing is happening, there is no video output, no sounds that would indicate it logged in to...
  9. trouble updating new version 10

trouble updating new version 10: I am running a Windows 10 pro on a hp Compaq 8000 elite SFF PC X64-based PC and every time I download the new version on 10 it makes it almost through and then says it can not finish. I have talked to Microsoft support and they said the bios needed to be updated. Talked to...
  10. Trouble in updating to windows 10 1909 version

Trouble in updating to windows 10 1909 version: I downloaded the upgrade of windows 10 1909 when i restarted my laptop it started upgrading but af 27% my laptop got stuck and i turned off my laptop and restarted again it. On restarting it showed that it is removing ll the changes made when i again raeched windows update...