Windows 10: PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?!

Discus and support PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does the Windows PC Health says I am good for Windows 11 Update, but yet the Windows Update screen say no.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tinkertron, Oct 14, 2021.

1. PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?!

Why does the Windows PC Health says I am good for Windows 11 Update, but yet the Windows Update screen say no.

:)

Tinkertron, Oct 14, 2021
  2. moxojo Win User

Splash screen says "this PC is unable to run windows 10" - Compatibility report says "You're Good to Go"

I have a weird issue where the Windows 10 App is giving different information depending on what screen I am on.

When I first open the app it says "Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10" (See screen shot below)

PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?! 417c1062-34da-41e9-843b-b5111b291b3d.jpg

So I click on the "View Report" to check the compatibility issue and I get a clean bill of health saying "You're good to go, Your PC will work with Windows 10"

PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?! 8b9e6d02-5777-481b-a89e-f31c7793461d.jpg

What gives? I have not seen the temp folder showing that any files are getting downloaded in preparation for an install.

Background:

• The first time the compatibility report ran I had the widely reported issue of the CPU being reported as incompatible. I followed the instructions for forcing the patch for the App to be installed and I forced the compatibility checker to be re-run by following
      the steps over here How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error (steps that are also suggested on this forum)
      • for whatever reason I got a confirmation saying that the compatibility checker had run in the command prompt but when I opened the app the last run day was from over a month ago and it still listed my CPU as being incompatible
      • Tried several more times with the same result
    • When the Launch date happened the App must have run itself as the "last run" date changed to 7/29 and the compatibility check says I am all good. But the splash screen still says this PC is unable to run windows 10
    • Uninstalling the app and re-downloading the necessary KB's doesn't fix the problem
    System info:

• Lenovo W520 4270CTO
    • CPU: i7-2960XM @ 2.70 GHz
    • Video Card - Intel HD Graphics
    • Video Card Discrete - NVIDIA Quadro 2000M
    • Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
    Any thoughts / suggestions? Thanks!

moxojo, Oct 14, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    PC Health Check - Windows 11

To give a short answer, neither PC has a CPU that's on the current approved list.

Your desktop has a Gen 4 CPU. Win11 requires a Gen 8 or later. I hope that changes before release.

bobkn, Oct 14, 2021
  4. MisterEd Win User

PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?!

PC Health Check app buggy?

PC Health Check says none of my computers will work with Windows 11.

3 desktops and 2 laptops with Windows 10
    2 desktops with 1 laptop Windows 7

Note my main desktop has a Ryzen 7 1700X and my main laptop has a Ryzen 7 2700U. PC Health Check says these CPUs are not supported by Windows 11.

MisterEd, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?!

1. PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?! - Similar Threads - Health Check Update

2. Windows update says PC doesn't meet requirements - PC Health Check says it does!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update says PC doesn't meet requirements - PC Health Check says it does!: Anyone know how to get the PC to re-run it's check so it will let me do the upgrade to windows 11?Thx! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-pc-doesnt-meet-requirements-pc/b0c90806-f70a-4f4a-89ee-e92714b00b86
  3. Windows update says PC doesn't meet requirements - PC Health Check says it does!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update says PC doesn't meet requirements - PC Health Check says it does!: Anyone know how to get the PC to re-run it's check so it will let me do the upgrade to windows 11?Thx! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-pc-doesnt-meet-requirements-pc/b0c90806-f70a-4f4a-89ee-e92714b00b86
  4. Windows update says PC doesn't meet requirements - PC Health Check says it does!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update says my PC is not eligible for Windows 11, PC Health Check says it is.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update says my PC is not eligible for Windows 11, PC Health Check says it is.: When I logged into my PC this morning and checked Windows Update I saw the following message:So I downloaded PC Health check and it said I needed to enable TPM. No problem. I rebooted, enabled it, and checked PC health check again:Great. So I check Windows Update and it still...
  6. Windows Update says my PC is not eligible for Windows 11, PC Health Check says it is.

Windows Update says my PC is not eligible for Windows 11, PC Health Check says it is.: When I logged into my PC this morning and checked Windows Update I saw the following message:So I downloaded PC Health check and it said I needed to enable TPM. No problem. I rebooted, enabled it, and checked PC health check again:Great. So I check Windows Update and it still...
  7. Windows Update says my PC is not eligible for Windows 11, PC Health Check says it is.

8. Can't update to windows 11 even thought pc health check says it is ok

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update to windows 11 even thought pc health check says it is ok: PC health check says that my computer can update to windows 11but in configuration says that I cant update to windows 11 because of system requirements....
  9. Can't update to windows 11 even thought pc health check says it is ok

Can't update to windows 11 even thought pc health check says it is ok: PC health check says that my computer can update to windows 11but in configuration says that I cant update to windows 11 because of system requirements....
  10. Can't update to windows 11 even thought pc health check says it is ok