Windows 10: PC Health Check saying I can upgrade to Win11, yet Windows Update Settings says otherwise.

Discus and support PC Health Check saying I can upgrade to Win11, yet Windows Update Settings says otherwise. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Title says it all. Screenshot for reference: https://imgur.com/a/Nc4Nc5hHealth Check on the right, Win settings on the leftI tried to refresh and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Person12, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Person12 Win User

PC Health Check saying I can upgrade to Win11, yet Windows Update Settings says otherwise.

Title says it all. Screenshot for reference: https://imgur.com/a/Nc4Nc5hHealth Check on the right, Win settings on the leftI tried to refresh and restart the computer and all and, nothing worked..Help?Thank you

:)

Person12, Nov 13, 2022
  2. prizna Win User

Windows says I can't upgrade to Win11, PC Heath Check says I can?

I'm trying to upgrade my PC to Windows 11, but in Windows Update it told me that my PC didn't meet the minimum requirements, using PC Health Check, I found that this was due to TPM 2.0 being disabled.

I enabled it and now PC Health Check tells me that I DO meet the requirements to upgrade to Windows 11, however Windows Update still tells me that I don't meet the requirements, I have tried rebooting and checking for new updates. How can I get Windows Update to realise that I do now meet the requirements for the upgrade?

PC Health Check saying I can upgrade to Win11, yet Windows Update Settings says otherwise. [​IMG]

prizna, Nov 13, 2022
  3. Bree Win User

It's quite possible for both to be correct, on their own terms.

Not quite, PC Health Check only tells you that your PC hardware is capable of installing and running Windows 11, it does NOT check that the currently installed Windows can upgrade to 11. Windows Update does check for that, and if it is a Legacy/MBR install then it cannot be upgraded. If so then a clean install would work, as PC Health Check says, but you'd need to convert the install to UEFI/GPT before Windows Update would say so too.

Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss

4. Ghot Win User

PC Health Check saying I can upgrade to Win11, yet Windows Update Settings says otherwise.

You should be fine. You could do the "upgrade" right now if you wanted.

If your Windows 10 install is on a GPT drive, and the following BIOS settings are... set...
    You can do the In-Place Upgrade.

Top pic is on the Advanced tab, and the lower pic is on the Boot tab.
    These BIOS settings are for the OP's specific motherboard.

PC Health Check saying I can upgrade to Win11, yet Windows Update Settings says otherwise. [​IMG]

To find out if you're Win 10 install is on a GPT disk, just open a command prompt as admin
    and type: diskpart
    then type: listdisk

The disks that are GPT disks will show an asterisk under the GPT column

NOTE: If you're NOT on a GPT disk, some of the BIOS options that need to be set, will result in a no boot situation.
    Of course, they can easily be set back to their original settings, so you can boot.

Thema:

1. PC Health Check saying I can upgrade to Win11, yet Windows Update Settings says otherwise. - Similar Threads - Health Check saying

2. PC Health Check saying I can upgrade to Win11, yet Windows Update Settings says otherwise.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Check saying I can upgrade to Win11, yet Windows Update Settings says otherwise.: Title says it all. Screenshot for reference: https://imgur.com/a/Nc4Nc5hHealth Check on the right, Win settings on the leftI tried to refresh and restart the computer and all and, nothing worked..Help?Thank you...
  3. PC Health Checks says I can upgrade to W11, Windows Update Settings says I can't. How do I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Health Checks says I can upgrade to W11, Windows Update Settings says I can't. How do I...: I did everything I needed to upgrade but it's not letting me download W11. Is there alternate download locations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-checks-says-i-can-upgrade-to-w11-windows/1c468f2f-c249-41c6-9449-bd392ce8804c
  4. PC Health Checks says I can upgrade to W11, Windows Update Settings says I can't. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Checks says I can upgrade to W11, Windows Update Settings says I can't. How do I...: I did everything I needed to upgrade but it's not letting me download W11. Is there alternate download locations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-checks-says-i-can-upgrade-to-w11-windows/1c468f2f-c249-41c6-9449-bd392ce8804c
  5. PC Health Checker says I meet Windows 11 reqs but settings says otherwise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Checker says I meet Windows 11 reqs but settings says otherwise: I checked all the requirements and do have them.I had to enable secure boot and tpm 2.0. After I did, the health check app says everything is fine now but the settings app does not....
  6. PC Health Checker says I meet Windows 11 reqs but settings says otherwise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Health Checker says I meet Windows 11 reqs but settings says otherwise: I checked all the requirements and do have them.I had to enable secure boot and tpm 2.0. After I did, the health check app says everything is fine now but the settings app does not....
  7. PC Health Checker says I meet Windows 11 reqs but settings says otherwise

8. PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?!

PC Health Check say OK, But Windows Update says no. ****?!?!: Why does the Windows PC Health says I am good for Windows 11 Update, but yet the Windows Update screen say no. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-check-say-ok-but-windows-update-says-no/900f87e9-c4bf-47fb-9ec9-04b518a1d509
  9. PC Health Check Application Says I can upgrade. Windows Update does not!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Check Application Says I can upgrade. Windows Update does not!: Hi all, I'm getting 'This PC doesn't currently meet all the system requirements for Windows 11' but the PC Health Check app says my PC is ready.So my PC is now in a weird limbo state..! Can I refresh/restart the windows update process or manually push the Win11 update to my...
  10. PC Health Check Application Says I can upgrade. Windows Update does not!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Health Check Application Says I can upgrade. Windows Update does not!: Hi all, I'm getting 'This PC doesn't currently meet all the system requirements for Windows 11' but the PC Health Check app says my PC is ready.So my PC is now in a weird limbo state..! Can I refresh/restart the windows update process or manually push the Win11 update to my...