Windows 10: PC Health Check says secure boot not active, but it is

Discus and support PC Health Check says secure boot not active, but it is in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have been trying to install Windows 11 for a little while now with no luck. I'm on a two and a bit year old Asus ROG motherboard, with UEFI and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aurinje, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Aurinje Win User

PC Health Check says secure boot not active, but it is

Hi, I have been trying to install Windows 11 for a little while now with no luck. I'm on a two and a bit year old Asus ROG motherboard, with UEFI and the capability to run secure boot. I have been into the BIOS and made sure that it is active and in the correct mode to work with windows. Windows, however seems to believe it isn't activated. If I look in the MSInfo32 page it says 'unsupported' under secure boot, but this is obviously not the case, since I have been in the bios and activated it. As such I obviously cannot install Win11 through the health check as it says I don't have secure boot

:)

Aurinje, Jan 20, 2022

2. PC Health Check app buggy?

I already have both the secure boot and the TPM.
    PC Health Check says secure boot not active, but it is [​IMG]

I now went through the list of supported processors and my i7-6650U is not on the list. The computer is 5 years old Microsoft Surface Pro. Bummer!

JerryDuncan, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    KB5005463 PC Health Check Application

Correct. It installs an app so it doesn't appear in any list of installed updates. And when you uninstall it a registry setting is added to prevent it ever installing again.

PC Health Check says secure boot not active, but it is [​IMG]

4. PC Health Check says secure boot not active, but it is

My PC suddenly says its not activated

For verification, now you are saying it isn't activated and Microsoft won't help you?

MeAndMyComputer, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

PC Health Check says secure boot not active, but it is

1. PC Health Check says secure boot not active, but it is - Similar Threads - Health Check says

2. PC Health Check says secure boot not active, but it is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Health Check says secure boot not active, but it is: Hi, I have been trying to install Windows 11 for a little while now with no luck. I'm on a two and a bit year old Asus ROG motherboard, with UEFI and the capability to run secure boot. I have been into the BIOS and made sure that it is active and in the correct mode to work...
  3. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise: Trying to install windows 11, enabled secure boot but the pc helper still thinks its disabled. Seen lots of people talking about going to Advanced start-up and going into UEFI Settings but my Bios is set to the hybric of legacy and uefi and i'm not sure if its safe to switch...
  4. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise: Trying to install windows 11, enabled secure boot but the pc helper still thinks its disabled. Seen lots of people talking about going to Advanced start-up and going into UEFI Settings but my Bios is set to the hybric of legacy and uefi and i'm not sure if its safe to switch...
  5. Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check: In my PC BIOS secure boot is enabled along with TPM 2.0. PC health check will not detect that secure boot is enabled.I will not upgrade to Windows 11, for a couple of reasons. 1. You are limiting hardware and obsoleting systems unnecessarily. 2. You are limiting use of the...
  6. Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check

Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check: In my PC BIOS secure boot is enabled along with TPM 2.0. PC health check will not detect that secure boot is enabled.I will not upgrade to Windows 11, for a couple of reasons. 1. You are limiting hardware and obsoleting systems unnecessarily. 2. You are limiting use of the...
  7. Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check

8. "Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 are both enabled; PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled

"Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 are both enabled; PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled: I am running Windows 10 v. 21H1 on ASRock X370 Extreme 4 motherboard with IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz processor. I have enabled "Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 and wish to install Windows 11. PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled and Windows Update says...
  9. "Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 are both enabled; PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled

"Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 are both enabled; PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled: I am running Windows 10 v. 21H1 on ASRock X370 Extreme 4 motherboard with IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz processor. I have enabled "Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 and wish to install Windows 11. PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled and Windows Update says...
  10. "Secure Boot" and TPM 2.0 are both enabled; PC Health Check says "Secure Boot" is not enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming