Windows 10: PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?

Discus and support PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently got myself a custom-built gaming computer, taking all of the windows 11 requirements into account when selecting the hardware for it. As far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Twisted Code, Jan 6, 2022.

1. PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?

I recently got myself a custom-built gaming computer, taking all of the windows 11 requirements into account when selecting the hardware for it. As far as I or the friendly neighborhood hardware technician can tell, it should be ready to upgrade I even fixed a mixup with my AMD TPM. We accidentally set it to discrete when I don't have a chip on the header. Despite this, and despite while I was in there setting “Boot>Secure Boot>OS type“ = “Windows UEFI mode”, PC Health Checker says secure boot is not supported.According to the technician, I did everything right, so is the PC HC still b

:)

Twisted Code, Jan 6, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jan 6, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    enable secure boot

Hi ShowMeGirl1

To enable Secure Boot, your PC must have UEFI BIOS and you need to boot your PC into BIOS

Start your PC, on the manufacturers logo screen, there is generally an indication of how to boot your PC into Setup - usually it is F2, or F12 . .

On the Manufacturers Screen, repeatedly press that appropriate key, so your system boots into BIOS

If you do have UEFI, you will see the Secure Boot and legacy Boot options, turn off Legacy Boot (if applicable) and turn on Secure Boot

Also Please Note: to enable Secure Boot, your hard drive must be GPT, not MBR!

DaveM121, Jan 6, 2022
  4. PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?

How to Enable UEFI Boot

I was running the PC Health check app to see if my PC will run Windows 11. The tool came back and said that I don't have UEFI boot enabled. Following Microsoft's instructions for enabling it doesn't work. I am missing a crucial menu item on the Advanced Boot screen (underlined in red herePC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings? :)

PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings? [​IMG]

When I set the BIOS to UEFI boot, rebooting just takes me back to BIOS, and I can't seem to do what Microsoft is asking due to there being no menu item.

How can I enable UEFI boot?

Gurn Blanston, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?

1. PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings? - Similar Threads - Health Checker must

2. "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.": hi im having a issue upgrading to windows 11, i have a high end gaming machine and it wont let me upgrade because "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.". I have watched a few youtube tutorials but no luck, TPM 2,0 is enabled in bios but it still says the same...
  3. "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.": hi im having a issue upgrading to windows 11, i have a high end gaming machine and it wont let me upgrade because "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.". I have watched a few youtube tutorials but no luck, TPM 2,0 is enabled in bios but it still says the same...
  4. "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC Health Checker is wrong!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Checker is wrong!: So I just did a PC Health Check to see if my Dell laptop hardware meets all of the requirements. And it does.However, PC Health Checker says that the CPU doesn't meet the requirements for upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.But my CPU is definitely listed in the CPU...
  6. PC Health Checker is wrong!

PC Health Checker is wrong!: So I just did a PC Health Check to see if my Dell laptop hardware meets all of the requirements. And it does.However, PC Health Checker says that the CPU doesn't meet the requirements for upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.But my CPU is definitely listed in the CPU...
  7. PC Health Checker Fails to Install

PC Health Checker Fails to Install: I am trying to install PC Health Checker to see if my computer is windows 11 compatible, but every time I try to install it, it claims I need a "Windows 10, version 1803 or later" version to install it.Best of my ability, my OS build is 19044.1706. Is the 1706 the incorrect...
  8. PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?: I recently got myself a custom-built gaming computer, taking all of the windows 11 requirements into account when selecting the hardware for it. As far as I or the friendly neighborhood hardware technician can tell, it should be ready to upgrade I even fixed a mixup with my...
  9. PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?

PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?: I recently got myself a custom-built gaming computer, taking all of the windows 11 requirements into account when selecting the hardware for it. As far as I or the friendly neighborhood hardware technician can tell, it should be ready to upgrade I even fixed a mixup with my...
  10. Disable the PC Health Checker reminder

Disable the PC Health Checker reminder: I think I get it Microsoft. My PC is not compatible with Windows 11. So give me the ability to prevent your stupid reminder from showing up in my notifications and Windows Update page....