Windows 10: PC Help! I’m Stuck! Only Booting to Bios!

Discus and support PC Help! I’m Stuck! Only Booting to Bios! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Pc Help! Only Booting to Bios! Hi all, I built my first PC two years ago now. Today, I upgraded my motherboard and cpu (i7-10700k and MSI- MPG z490... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/benjihume, Nov 21, 2020.

1. PC Help! I’m Stuck! Only Booting to Bios!

Pc Help! Only Booting to Bios!

Hi all,

I built my first PC two years ago now.

Today, I upgraded my motherboard and cpu (i7-10700k and MSI- MPG z490 Gaming edge WiFi).

I am no computer genius; and I realized on my first build that I would need to download the OS to a stick, then boot with that. Great.

However, I suspected that I would be able to boot up windows, from my SSD which has windows installed, and be set. However, I only boot into bios. In Bios, it detects that I have my SSD in a sata port, and my HDD in one of the other sata ports. Here is where my problem lies:

In my boot settings, my Fixed Boot Order Priorities are:

Boot Option 1: UEFI Hard Disk (it is not seeing my Sandisk SSD). Boot option 2 s cd/dvd and so on.

I would have thought I could boot from my SSD without issues. I currently have a usb with windows 10 installed, from my last build. Figured I would boot with that. It takes me to the install screen, but I cannot install windows because my ssd since it “has an MBR petition”. I know I could wipe it, however I would rather not, as I have information on this SSD that I need to keep.

Can I get a new SSD, install a fresh windows on it, and have then boot from there? Can I also have my other SSD plugged in or will it cause conflict?

Please help!

submitted by /u/benjihume
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/benjihume, Nov 21, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

Until the BIOS sees your M.2, there's nothing you can do. It does not matter if the M.2 is unformatted/unallocated, the BIOS should see it.
    1. Suggest that you take the M.2 out, clean all the contacts and re-seat it and hope this is the case.
    2. If step one fails. Connect your 250GB SSD back in using one of the SATA port to see if the BIOS recognize it. If it doen't, then it might be something wrong with the MB, if it does then boot up the Windows Installation USB, run diskpart, shrink it at least 40GB then create a partition, Leave it unallocated then install Windows there.

Also try to re-seat all other components such as Memory, Video card etc...

topgundcp, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Nov 21, 2020
  4. PC Help! I’m Stuck! Only Booting to Bios!

Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

PC Help! I’m Stuck! Only Booting to Bios!

1. PC Help! I’m Stuck! Only Booting to Bios! - Similar Threads - Help I’m Stuck

2. I’m stuck in bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m stuck in bios update: Kannankichu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-stuck-in-bios-update/a7d131b2-463d-47e8-8ffe-87f1477aec5f
  3. I’m stuck in bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m stuck in bios update: Kannankichu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-stuck-in-bios-update/a7d131b2-463d-47e8-8ffe-87f1477aec5f
  4. Some one help I'm stuck!!!!! Bios boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some one help I'm stuck!!!!! Bios boot: So just build new pc 7000 series. Psu 1050 watt dram vengeance pro rgb expo, ryzen 9 7900 with a vetroo water cooling, asus strix x670e everytime I change the frequency to ram to 6000 or enable the expo 1 or 2 profiles my comp will shut down restart and nothing will be on...
  5. Some one help I'm stuck!!!!! Bios boot

Some one help I'm stuck!!!!! Bios boot: So just build new pc 7000 series. Psu 1050 watt dram vengeance pro rgb expo, ryzen 9 7900 with a vetroo water cooling, asus strix x670e everytime I change the frequency to ram to 6000 or enable the expo 1 or 2 profiles my comp will shut down restart and nothing will be on...
  6. Pc stuck in boot loop after bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck in boot loop after bios: Hello, i recently got new ram for christmas and installed it, everything was fine, untill i enabled xmp, then windows would boot and i always got into the advanced settings tab, after then resetting my windows, everything was fine again, installed the latest drivers, all my...
  7. Pc stuck in boot loop after bios

Pc stuck in boot loop after bios: Hello, i recently got new ram for christmas and installed it, everything was fine, untill i enabled xmp, then windows would boot and i always got into the advanced settings tab, after then resetting my windows, everything was fine again, installed the latest drivers, all my...
  8. Pc stuck in boot loop after bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Help I’m stuck!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help I’m stuck!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shamzino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k39ogf/help_im_stuck/
  10. Help! I’m stuck in a reboot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! I’m stuck in a reboot loop: submitted by /u/goytomau [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gntq4f/help_im_stuck_in_a_reboot_loop/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi z490 a pro stuck in bios

2. msi z490 gaming edge wifi boot ssd