Windows 10: "pc help" keeps taking over my laptop

Discus and support "pc help" keeps taking over my laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In December my laptop windows 10 would not boot up. I sent it in for repair. Basically all they did was a factory reset. Prior to sending it in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarciaKMoore, Jun 3, 2020.

1. "pc help" keeps taking over my laptop

In December my laptop windows 10 would not boot up. I sent it in for repair. Basically all they did was a factory reset. Prior to sending it in the tech used pc help to take control of my laptop to try to fix it. Now that I have it back when it sits idle for several minutes the screen turns dark blue with the letters "pc help" in the middle of the screen and the cursor is being remotely controlled by an unknown party. To make this stop I have to restart my laptop. How do I make this stop? I feel if you can control my cursor then you can control my camera and I don't feel comfortable with this.

:)

MarciaKMoore, Jun 3, 2020

2. PC keeps killing my mice

i shall add your suggestion to the list. It will be at the very bottom.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 3, 2020
  4. "pc help" keeps taking over my laptop

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

"pc help" keeps taking over my laptop

1. "pc help" keeps taking over my laptop - Similar Threads - help keeps taking

2. My laptop keeps on over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps on over heating: whenever i play a game it just gets hot and the fan gets kind of loud and i wish i could stop this, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-over-heating/85d6acee-54d1-4b89-a748-3e674b640182
  3. Help my pc is a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my pc is a laptop: So somehow my files on my pc got deleted. and i learned i should make a backup on a different device. My pc has an Msi motherboard and the backup i used is from an Acer Laptop Since i used the backup my pc now used laptop applications and such and thinks its a laptop! Is...
  4. How to keep OneDrive from taking over

in Windows 10 Support
    How to keep OneDrive from taking over: I have just used a debloater script that uninstalled One Drive from my computer and in Win. 10 in the absence of One Drive, how would i prevent it from becoming the preferred way i save my documents or files or pics. or anything else that it seemed to store automatically?...
  5. OnDrive taking over my computer desktop????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OnDrive taking over my computer desktop????: I have had OneDrive on my computer for ever, and have never used it as I have other sources of storage. Just yesterday I received pop-ups, and e-mail, that my OneDrive was full and I either needed to delete or upgrade storage. Not sure what caused OneDrive to basically suck...
  6. Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Someone is taking over control of my Windows 10 Laptop: I am the owner, hopefully the administrator and the only user of my laptop Lenovo Yoga 510 computer. It has Windows 10 operating system and Home Office 365. Every now and then when I try to open a saved file, I get a message 'This file is locked by another user. Should a Read...
  7. My laptop keeps crashing,help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps crashing,help.: My laptop keeps showing the blue screen whenever I put my charger on while playing a game. It shows stop codes like IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL,MEMORY MANAGEMENT,etc. Please help me. Here's the mindump, ets. https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApFhXMFCkw0wgSYC4TnjQ8k4c_Mo Specs- i3 8 gen...
  8. Hacker keeps taking over my laptop. If I unplug my ethernet cable & turn off my router he...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacker keeps taking over my laptop. If I unplug my ethernet cable & turn off my router he...: A hacker gets on my laptop and blatantly mouses around opening and shutting things on my desktop. His curser will be in one place as he does things in another place. I took my laptop to the Microsoft store and they checked it out and they said that there was a remote...
  9. Is thia a virus taking over my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is thia a virus taking over my computer?: So today I log on to my computer and there's nothing I can do or load. I try loading any .exe and it doesn't grant me permission. I try fixing the issue by running programs as an administrator such as command prompt but then it gives me an error: this file does not have an...
  10. Gah, help! Laptop is just restarting over and over

in Windows 10 Support
    Gah, help! Laptop is just restarting over and over: It's windows 10, it was installing some updates and I think it got interrupted when my laptop died. I plugged it in and turned it back on and it's been continuously trying to start up for about 5 hours now. I can't do anything on it, when I turn it off and on again it's doing...