Windows 10: PC Hibernating mystery

Discus and support PC Hibernating mystery in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i often run a video conversion program overnight and set it to hibernate when complete, however recently I have found the PC still running in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Mar 12, 2020.

1. PC Hibernating mystery

Hi
    i often run a video conversion program overnight and set it to hibernate when complete, however recently I have found the PC still running in the morning. It doesn’t look like the program crashed, but that the PC had been woken up via the keyboard, which shouldn’t happen, unless I have mice running around in the night *Confused is there a log I can view, or create an event recorder, to see when it hibernated and woke up.....also is there a way of assigning a particular key to wake it up ? Don’t want to use the power button, as it’s a little fragile, which is why I first started using hibernate, but now find it very convenient, to allow me to resume any work in progress.

many thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Mar 12, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Mar 12, 2020
  4. PC Hibernating mystery

Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

PC Hibernating mystery

1. PC Hibernating mystery - Similar Threads - Hibernating mystery

2. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  3. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  4. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep: I have decided to bring my pc to my college dorm and use different monitors when I switch between the two. The one I use at home is an Acer KB272 and the one I use at the dorm is a Viewsonic VX2252 monitor. Other differences are that I use different hdmi cables for each and I...
  6. Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep

Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep: I have decided to bring my pc to my college dorm and use different monitors when I switch between the two. The one I use at home is an Acer KB272 and the one I use at the dorm is a Viewsonic VX2252 monitor. Other differences are that I use different hdmi cables for each and I...
  7. I cannot enable hibernation feature in windows 10 using Windows To Go workspace. Does...

I cannot enable hibernation feature in windows 10 using Windows To Go workspace. Does...: I am using an Acer Swift 3 SF314-55, booting up Windows 10 through an external SSD. My laptop supports USB wake from S4 Support, so I would like to use my USB keyboard to wake up my laptop, as I always use an external monitor anyway, and it's kind of a hassle to open the...
  8. I cannot enable hibernation feature in windows 10 using Windows To Go workspace. Does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot enable hibernation feature in windows 10 using Windows To Go workspace. Does...: I am using an Acer Swift 3 SF314-55, booting up Windows 10 through an external SSD. My laptop supports USB wake from S4 Support, so I would like to use my USB keyboard to wake up my laptop, as I always use an external monitor anyway, and it's kind of a hassle to open the...
  9. I cannot enable hibernation feature in windows 10 using Windows To Go workspace. Does...

10. Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...

Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...: Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn off first. - Reproduced with same results every time on two different Windows 10 laptops.- Computers had all current updates and had been left on and idle for long enough that there was...