Windows 10: PC Hiccup/Stutter Issue After Windows Update

Discus and support PC Hiccup/Stutter Issue After Windows Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I've been having this issue with my computer for A LONG TIME now and i'm just about at the point where i want to throw my PC out. Everywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Swoz-77, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Swoz-77 Win User

PC Hiccup/Stutter Issue After Windows Update

Hello

I've been having this issue with my computer for A LONG TIME now and i'm just about at the point where i want to throw my PC out.

Everywhere i've taken it, i've been told "We can't find any issues with it". I've tried some forums before but to little or no real help.

It's a gaming PC with the following:

- Intel Core i5 7500

- Gigabyte B250M-HD3 Motherboard

- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB

- Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2400C16 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Black

- Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler

- Corsair CS450M Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

- Western Digital WD Black 2TB WD2003FZEX

- Western Digital Green PC SSD 120GB

- LG GH24NSD1 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM

- ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIE Adaptor

- Windows 10 - 64bit

I built this PC back in February 2017, it worked perfectly fine, no problems at all... Then in October of that year, Windows released an update, and installed it on my PC, and that's where it all went downhill. The installation of the update went fine, but when i turned my PC on after it, it had this micro stutter/hiccup every few seconds, basically rendering the PC unusable.

Shortly after this, i uninstalled the update and the PC worked fine again, but once again it decided to install the update and the same issue came back. Upon trying to uninstall this update for a second time, something went wrong, resulting in my PC needing a complete wipe, meaning once i got it back, i couldn't uninstall this update, ever since then i've been stuck with this stuttering/hiccup issue.

Now in October 2019, 2 years later, this issue is still going on as everywhere i've taken it, i've been told there's nothing wrong, and that they couldn't find any issues, at this point, i've stopped trying to fix it as i'm spending all this money just to be told "There's nothing wrong with it"

As of recently, i'd turn my PC on and it'll stutter after 20 seconds, i'll restart the PC and it'll usually just stutter straight away. It'll take anywhere between 3-10 restarts before it'll actually work normally for whatever duration i'm using it, whether it be 2 hours or morning to night. I recently had a 4 days trip away, and as of returning on October 1st, my PC just WILL NOT WORK at all, restarting it won't do anything, nothing will help. It'll work fine for 20 seconds, then stutter, or it'll just do it straight away. This PC is basically unusable now, i can't watch videos, listen to audio or play games as this stutter occurs every 2-5 seconds.

The following is what i mainly experience with this stutter/hiccup:

Audio: Whether i'm listening to audio, watching a video or even playing a game, the audio with play fine for about 20 seconds, then it'll have this .5 second stutter, which is painfully noticeable.

Mouse: As the audio stutters, so does the cursor, i'll try and click an icon or whatever, and it'll stutter and skip over. A way i test to see if the PC is doing this, is i'll drag a random icon on my desktop and drag it in circles, seeing it move smoothly, then just skipping over due to the stutter.

Screen: Lastly, as both Audio & Cursor stutter, the screen will too. Whether i'm watching a video or playing a game, it'll stutter along with the previous 2 points. All 3 of these point stutter at the same time, making it incredibly difficult to do anything.

On December 17 2018, i decided to have one last try at fixing it. So i reset my PC while keeping personal files & installing fresh Windows, i thought this may have been able to fix the issue but it didn't. The stuttering still continued and was even more common after that.

I spent $2000 to build this PC, and ONE WINDOWS UPDATE has basically broken it, with almost no one knowing what's wrong with it, or not knowing how to fix it. Back when the issue first came around, i read a forum post of someone having a similar issue, only for it to be locked by a Windows Employee after they had their input, in which they didn't even address the issue or help.

It's infuriating for me considering i spent a lot of money on this PC, and this issue has been ongoing for 2 years now... One update in October 2017, which i didn't even want, and which didn't even install anything useful on my PC, has broken this PC and i haven't been able to fix it since.

I'm not an expert with computers and all that stuff, so i don't know much about hardware, software and apps commands to check performance and all that, so i don't know what the cause of this issue could be. But any help here will be appreciated so i can hopefully get rid of this annoying issue and actually be able to use my PC normally again, if all fails, i'll likely just be getting a new computer and hopefully it will work.

Thanks

:)

Swoz-77, Oct 1, 2019

2. Wifi makes bluetooth audio stutter / choppy / hiccup ( Windows 10 , Lenovo Laptop )

Hi Robbie,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly verify the following:

• How many Bluetooth devices are connected when you get this error?
    • Have you done any recent updates or changes to your computer?
    Usually, when there is more than one Bluetooth devices working simultaneously on the computer, the bandwidth is shared. If there is a low bandwidth, there is a possibility that you might get a poor quality when using a Bluetooth headset or speaker.

We suggest that you update your drivers to the latest Windows 10 compatible drivers, visit this

link
    for the steps.

For more information on installing and updating drivers, visit this
    link

Best regards,

Jeraldine Ase, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Update and stuttering issue

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly answer the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to successfully update your OS to Windows 10?
    • Does the stutter happen even when you're connected to your Wi-Fi network?
    Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Oct 1, 2019
  4. PC Hiccup/Stutter Issue After Windows Update

Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

PC Hiccup/Stutter Issue After Windows Update

1. PC Hiccup/Stutter Issue After Windows Update - Similar Threads - Hiccup Stutter Issue

2. PC stuttering after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuttering after reinstalling windows: Just reinstalled windows to fix an error and now my pc is stuttering really bad.Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuttering-after-reinstalling-windows/012b4a31-bc58-48a4-9fb3-878dffdfc3b8
  3. Bluetooth Stuttering Issues After Updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Stuttering Issues After Updating: Hello!I've been having some issues with my Bluetooth connection to my headphones and mouse lately after upgrading to the latest version of Beta Windows a few days ago. System information below!After upgrading to the latest beta build, Bluetooth devices have been lagging and...
  4. Bluetooth Stuttering Issues After Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Stuttering Issues After Updating: Hello!I've been having some issues with my Bluetooth connection to my headphones and mouse lately after upgrading to the latest version of Beta Windows a few days ago. System information below!After upgrading to the latest beta build, Bluetooth devices have been lagging and...
  5. Windows Update - Stutter issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update - Stutter issue: When will a release come out to fix the below indicated problems?I have wiped my computer reinstalled drivers and checked for updates on firmware on the motherboard all to no help.This stutter problem affects video playback, mouse and sound.This is the the most frustrating...
  6. Stuttering after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuttering after Update: So after I updated to 20H2 version again after multiple tries before. I once again found the same problem with it in that my audio system and my mouse would start lagging/stuttering. What I mean by this is that when I watch some form of media be it on youtube or something...
  7. Windows Stuttering after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Stuttering after update: hello all, my windows updated a few days ago and since then i've noticed it stuttering, at first i thought it was my headphones, then speakers, read up and reinstalled drivers, didn't fix the issue, then noticed my mouse and other screens stuttering intermittently, usually...
  8. PC Games Stuttering - possible issues with updates.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Games Stuttering - possible issues with updates.: Hello, I Have an MSI GS65 laptop running Windows 10 with a Nvidia GTX 1070, an Intel i7-8750H. I recently updated both the graphics driver and Windows. Now my PC games are stuttering. I am a loss at what to do. I have uninstalled and reinstalled games, I have restarted my...
  9. Stutter after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stutter after update: Hey I have this problem for almost 2 years now and I'm tired of resetting my pc almost every week to get it in a stable state... Is there a way to completly fix this? That would be awesome submitted by /u/LemonadeandCake [link] [comments]...
  10. VLC Hiccup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC Hiccup: W10 Home. A few years ago I downloaded one or two cinema films from my domestic tv for my own use , onto bought blank DVDs. They are all finalised and play normally. Recently I have transferred them using VLC onto an external memory. No problem, except that sometimes I was...