Windows 10: PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC

Discus and support PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I enable my hotspot on my PC, all other programs no longer have connection to the internet. As soon as I disable the hotspot, all other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wikus Jacobs, Jun 24, 2022.

1. PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC

Whenever I enable my hotspot on my PC, all other programs no longer have connection to the internet. As soon as I disable the hotspot, all other programs work again. Have my pc for a few months and the problem only started occurring after the recent update I believe.

:)

Wikus Jacobs, Jun 24, 2022

2. Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, Jun 24, 2022
  3. Accidently disabled myPublicWifi hotspot in networks and sharing centre

To further assist you regarding your concern, we suggest that you manage the hotspot settings on your PC. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you’re on the page, proceed with the steps and
    complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Additionally, if the issue continues, you may check the Advanced sharing settings from the
    Control Panel to identify if the issue is not related to it. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Control Panel and press
      Enter
    • Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
    • On the left-side pane of the window, click Change advanced sharing settings.
    • Expand the Private network profile, select the Turn on network discovery option under the
      Network discovery section.
    • You may also select the Turn on network discovery option from the
      Guest or Public and Domain (current profile) network profile by expanding them one by one.
    • Once you’re done, click Save changes.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jun 24, 2022
  4. PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC

Mobile hotspot No network access

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC to your WiFi.
    • Right-click on the WiFi tray and click on Open network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change adapter settings which is present at the left side of the window.
    • Right-click on your WiFi and click on Properties, then click on the
      Sharing tab.
    • Check the box next to Allow other network to connect through this computer's internet and
      Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet and click
      OK.
    • Go to Settings > Network & Internet >
      Mobile Hotspot
      and turn it on.

• After you turn on the hotspot, go back to the Change adapter settings window. You will find a connection called
      Local area connection* 20. The number 20 may differ.
    • Do step 4 again. In Sharing tab below the first checkbox, select the
      Local area connection* 20 from the drop-down.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC

1. PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC - Similar Threads - hotspot disabling network

2. About Disabled Network Adapters in my PC .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Disabled Network Adapters in my PC .: I am not able to find Bluetooth , Wifi , Hotspot adapters in my search bar for connecting to a network. Even I am not able to connect to the adapter manually as such options are not showing onto my PC. Can anyone give me a solution...
  3. When turn on PC hotspot, the whole PC no network - because of KB5014699

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When turn on PC hotspot, the whole PC no network - because of KB5014699: Hi guys,I noticed an issue about Windows update KB5014699 on Windows10.Recent days, when I turn on PC hotspot, the whole PC has no network.Once I turn off hotspot from my PC, PC network back to normal.Environment:Windows10Network cable plug into my desktop PCI've been turned...
  4. When turn on PC hotspot, the whole PC no network - because of KB5014699

When turn on PC hotspot, the whole PC no network - because of KB5014699: Hi guys,I noticed an issue about Windows update KB5014699 on Windows10.Recent days, when I turn on PC hotspot, the whole PC has no network.Once I turn off hotspot from my PC, PC network back to normal.Environment:Windows10Network cable plug into my desktop PCI've been turned...
  5. When turn on PC hotspot, the whole PC no network - because of KB5014699

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC: Whenever I enable my hotspot on my PC, all other programs no longer have connection to the internet. As soon as I disable the hotspot, all other programs work again. Have my pc for a few months and the problem only started occurring after the recent update I believe....
  7. PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC

PC hotspot disabling network usage on PC: Whenever I enable my hotspot on my PC, all other programs no longer have connection to the internet. As soon as I disable the hotspot, all other programs work again. Have my pc for a few months and the problem only started occurring after the recent update I believe....
  8. PC Mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC Mobile hotspot.: Hello. I apologise for the simplicity of this question.I have a new Laptop and I tried to connect for mobile hotspot yesterday, however it was not the same way to do as my last.Anyway, so now I see I can select Mobile Hotpot in Control panel............then share. However I...
  9. pc hotspot

pc hotspot: updated to 1809 and the pc mobile hotspot app is still saying it cant setup a connection because it doesnt detect an internet connection. i had a remote session with support yesterday for close to 2 hours with the update being the thing that was suppose to fix it for sure but...
  10. Network Protocols, which to enable/disable for my PC usage

Network Protocols, which to enable/disable for my PC usage: Which Network Protocols should I enable or disable for my PC? My PC usage and router set up: - file downloading while also browsing web or streaming video - I don't do any lan/network sharing - Torrent file sharing - QOS is disabled on my router - The PC is connected...