Windows 10: PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown.

Discus and support PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've know about the sleep thing for a while now. No matter what I do, if I press sleep, it'll kick back on, for any given reason. Don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Trauvulence, Sep 7, 2020.

1. PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown.

Hello,

I've know about the sleep thing for a while now. No matter what I do, if I press sleep, it'll kick back on, for any given reason. Don't know why, or how to stop it.

Just recently however within the past few days, when I press shutdown, the PC immediately- and I mean immediately- returns back to the (I don't know the name for the screen that you click to reveal the login screen).

How do I stop this? Are there any error messages I can find and post?

submitted by /u/Trauvulence
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Trauvulence, Sep 7, 2020
  2. ruggb Win User

sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues

HP 8540w laptop, W10 up to date (14393-693), power config high performance, shutdown on lid close, sleep on power button, no devices wake computer except mouse and keyboard.
    Started with two issues:
    1; Computer restarts immediately after a shutdown or sleep command. The only way to shutdown was holding power button. I seemed to fix that problem by turning off fast start option.
    2; Now, I click sleep or push power button, screen turns off but computer does not sleep.
    3; When shutting down, next reboot gives a blue screen message that windows didn't load properly. If I click "Restart my PC" it starts OK. If I click start menu Restart it reboots OK. If I close the lid (shutdown) then cold boot, it is fine. Only when I do a shutdown via the start menu does it not load right.

ruggb, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Shutdown then Immediately Restarts

Try below command:

Code:
    If above command wont work try below suggestion.

1. Click the “K” menu in the bottom left corner.
    2. Click “Logout”.
    3. Knoppix will begin shutting down.
    4. The Knoppix CD will be ejected.
    5. Remove the CD and close the tray.
    6. Press Enter on the keyboard.
    7. Knoppix will attempt to turn off the computer automatically. If it doesn't turn off automatically, it is now safe to turn off the computer yourself using the power button.

FreeBooter, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown.

Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

Hello t4ord,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sleep mode saves the state of all open applications to memory, then powers down both the display panel and hard disk drive. However, if it often wakes up from Sleep mode, you need to change the Sleep settings under Power &
    sleep. You can also refer this link regarding shutdown, sleep,
    or hibernate your PC.

If that doesn’t help, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Restore default settings of power plan.

Let’s restore the power settings to its default and check if it makes any difference. To do that,

• Go to Control Panel and select Power Options.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option Restore default settings for this plan.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article and see if it helps.

Let us know the results. Will be glad to assist you further, if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown.

1. PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown. - Similar Threads - immediately boots turns

2. Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.: Hello, I bought a computer a couple months ago Windows 11, and from the first time I tried putting it to sleep, it wakes up immediately after being put to sleep. I click sleep and my screens turn off for about half a second and then my computer turns back on. I've tried a lot...
  3. Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wakes back up immediately after being put to sleep.: Hello, I bought a computer a couple months ago Windows 11, and from the first time I tried putting it to sleep, it wakes up immediately after being put to sleep. I click sleep and my screens turn off for about half a second and then my computer turns back on. I've tried a lot...
  4. PC immediately turns on after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC immediately turns on after sleep: Hi,I have Windows 11 installed on my PC, which has started to immediately wake up from sleep after being put to sleep. There are occasions, usually right after I re-start, that it will go to sleep for around 10 minutes, but then it'll wake back up.This is what I get with...
  5. PC immediately turns on after sleep

PC immediately turns on after sleep: Hi,I have Windows 11 installed on my PC, which has started to immediately wake up from sleep after being put to sleep. There are occasions, usually right after I re-start, that it will go to sleep for around 10 minutes, but then it'll wake back up.This is what I get with...
  6. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  7. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  8. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

9. my pc turn off immediately after wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my pc turn off immediately after wake up from sleep mode: i have an hp 15-da2180nia my pc goes to sleep mode properly but when waking up the pc turn off immedietly . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-turn-off-immediately-after-wake-up-from/09db26d5-5de7-4203-86ac-12d357dc6df4
  10. Computer turns itself back on immediately after shutdown -Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns itself back on immediately after shutdown -Windows 10: This happened right after i installed a PCIe usb3 card and moved my graphics card. Also plugged PCIe into my power supply. Please help. Jumpers look good....