Windows 10: Pc in recovery mode

Discus and support Pc in recovery mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi , My pc has recently went into recovery mode and I can’t reset it no matter what and , I also lost/forgot my admin password and I don’t know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesMark2, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Pc in recovery mode

Hi , My pc has recently went into recovery mode and I can’t reset it no matter what and , I also lost/forgot my admin password and I don’t know how to get it back . I can’t access the command prompt or anything either .is there anything I can do to fix it ? and I can’t access safe mode or anything else , I’m just stuck on that page

:)

JamesMark2, Sep 15, 2021

2. Unable to boot the PC, stuck in recovery mode screen​

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to boot the PC normally as it is stuck in recovery mode.

1. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    2. What is the exact make and model of the PC?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Boot the PC into safe mode with networking and check if you are able to login. Refer the article to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    From a black or blank screen.

Method 2:

Perform a system restore to revert the PC back to the state when everything was working fine. Refer the article

Recovery options in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Note:
    Do not reset the PC; resetting the PC will remove all the data and installed programs from the PC.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Cannot go into recovery mode in several ways

Problem:

Cannot login into normal mode or safe mode or access anything other than Boot settings.

• Do not get usual login screen.
    • Seeing Automatic repair and then BSOD with code 0xc000014c
    • That loop continues.
    Troubleshooting Steps taken:

• Tried 3 times reset when in "Preparing Automatic Repair" to boot into recovery mode - Failed.
    • Created bootable WIndows 10 USB flash drive to go into repair mode - Getting another BSOD with code "Driver pnp watchdog"
    • Some times, after "Preparing automatic repair" screen, i get "Your pc needs to be repaired" recovery screen where it shows F8 to go into Startup settings. When i press F8, i get the same screen again in a loop.

Computer: Dell Precision T3500 Workstation

RikasBasheer, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Pc in recovery mode

Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Pc in recovery mode

1. Pc in recovery mode - Similar Threads - recovery mode

2. What to do if you're stuck on recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if you're stuck on recovery mode: I recently restarted my laptop because it was running slow but ever since I've been stuck on recovery screen saying locks like windowsdidn't load properly and everything options that's helpful is locked by defaultuser 0 and that's not my account so I don't know the passwordI...
  3. What to do if you're stuck on recovery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do if you're stuck on recovery mode: I recently restarted my laptop because it was running slow but ever since I've been stuck on recovery screen saying locks like windowsdidn't load properly and everything options that's helpful is locked by defaultuser 0 and that's not my account so I don't know the passwordI...
  4. What to do if you're stuck on recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When there is an update, windows enters recovery mode

When there is an update, windows enters recovery mode: Every time windows needs to update it fails and has to be recovered and repaired. There is plenty of storage and ive already done the recovery before, but whenever there is a windows update it just does the same thing and needs to recover again. The recovery was completely...
  6. When there is an update, windows enters recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When there is an update, windows enters recovery mode: Every time windows needs to update it fails and has to be recovered and repaired. There is plenty of storage and ive already done the recovery before, but whenever there is a windows update it just does the same thing and needs to recover again. The recovery was completely...
  7. Can't start recovery mode on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start recovery mode on PC: I'm not able to click on the "start recovery" button.Can someone please help? :Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-recovery-mode-on-pc/77abdd32-347e-4319-867b-684acbbd75da
  8. Can't start recovery mode on PC

Can't start recovery mode on PC: I'm not able to click on the "start recovery" button.Can someone please help? :Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-recovery-mode-on-pc/77abdd32-347e-4319-867b-684acbbd75da
  9. How to save my data in recovery mode loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save my data in recovery mode loop?: My laptop is an acer predator 300 and it was turned off during a Windows 11 update. Since then, it has been in a loop of recovery mode and blue screens. When I try to use a USB Windows install, it doesn't let me choose the option to save my data, only to do a custom install....
  10. How to save my data in recovery mode loop?

How to save my data in recovery mode loop?: My laptop is an acer predator 300 and it was turned off during a Windows 11 update. Since then, it has been in a loop of recovery mode and blue screens. When I try to use a USB Windows install, it doesn't let me choose the option to save my data, only to do a custom install....