Windows 10: PC in Update Loop

Discus and support PC in Update Loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received an update notice yesterday informing me that I had updates that needed to be installed. I started the download and installation at 2 pm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Weecosse, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Weecosse Win User

PC in Update Loop

I received an update notice yesterday informing me that I had updates that needed to be installed. I started the download and installation at 2 pm yesterday. The download has been stuck at 84% and the small dotted wheel l is still rotating and I still have the notice; "Do not turn off your PC. This will take some time". At 9 pm last night the notice was still showing 84% so I decided to close my PC, shut off the power, and disconnect for the internet.

I powered up my PC this morning and found the notice with the little wheel still in motion. I have tried to access my apps and use the ctrl-alt-del keys but the system is still locked.

Any advice on how to remedy the problem would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Weecosse, Aug 1, 2020

2. Twitter RSS feed and Loop

So, my Twitter RSS feed won't update, and I can't post anything to twitter from the Loop or Kin Studio. Suggestions?

CommieCOZY, Aug 1, 2020
  3. dizatt Win User
    PC stuck in restart loop after latest update

Thank you kindly for your reply zbook. After following steps 6-8 I got this screen. What should I do now?
    PC in Update Loop [​IMG]

dizatt, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

PC in Update Loop

Windows 10 Update - stuck in loop

Hi Simon,

It is possible that some update components that are incomplete are causing you this update loop. You can get out of the loop by following these steps:

• Turn your PC on.
    • When the five spinning circles or the Windows logo appears, force shutdown your PC by long pressing the
      Power button.
    • Repeat step 2 three to five times until the Advance Startup Options appear.
    • Choose Continue to boot your PC to the
      desktop.

After getting out of the repair update, we recommend doing a repair upgrade in order to update your PC as well as repair those incomplete/corrupted system files. To do a repair upgrade, kindly refer to this

article

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

PC in Update Loop

1. PC in Update Loop - Similar Threads - Update Loop

2. Latest kumulative update is in a download/install loop pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest kumulative update is in a download/install loop pls help: So I wanted to install the latest update so I can try out the new start menu UI while being on love build (with regedit). But for whatever reason it's stucked in a loop. It goes from downloading at 0% and builds up to 100%, then it goes from installing at 0% and builds up to...
  3. Encountered installation loop of update KB4565503 and KB4568831 (Error 0x8024200d).

Encountered installation loop of update KB4565503 and KB4568831 (Error 0x8024200d).: Searched on the internet and found many other people complaining about the issue. Has anyone found a proper workaround? PS: I also tried to install update through Media Creation Tool but it stucked at 31% even if "sfc /scannow" returns no error. submitted by...
  4. HELP Windows 1803 to 1903 update login loop error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP Windows 1803 to 1903 update login loop error: Hello. Ive been pausing updates for about 2 years because each time i try to update my windows it will download update 1903 which will install but it will also make make the login screen loop endlessly: Endless loop Im wondering if its possible to do some cmd magic to fix...
  5. Windows 1803 to 1903 update login loop error

Windows 1803 to 1903 update login loop error: Ive been pausing updates for 2 years because of this error and im wondering why windows only installs the 1903 update and not goes directly to the current update? I guess current version is v2004? Is there a way of going directly to the newest update instead of first...
  6. BSoD loop after Windows update, can't access desktop nor safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD loop after Windows update, can't access desktop nor safe mode: I installed Windows 10 from USB on my lenovo laptop. Everything was fine until I updated Windows to 1909 version. While restarting OS blue screen showed up. Blue screen has been showing over and over again with error codes: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and...
  7. PC Stuck in boot-loop windows 2004 latest update

PC Stuck in boot-loop windows 2004 latest update: I only updated to 2004 a couple of days ago with no issues, today after downloading some cumulative updates my pc gets stuck in a bootloop. I have been able to uninstall 2004 which is good so I havnt lost anything. Is anyone else having these issues? what could be the reason...
  8. Windows 10 2004 NO installation of Windows Update KB4565503 - continuous looping

Windows 10 2004 NO installation of Windows Update KB4565503 - continuous looping: Windows 10 2004 Release Preview build 19041.331 NO installation of Windows Update KB4565503 - continuous looping starting Windows Update the download is OK until 100%, then it begin to update normally until 20%, then jump to 44% and then to 100%, it restart to download until...
  9. Windows 10 update loop

Windows 10 update loop: Windows 10 attempting to recover installation recovery loop during update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-loop/338b88cf-ac03-4136-b24f-e93b0305930a
  10. Logging in boot loop on windows 10 after recent update

Logging in boot loop on windows 10 after recent update: Hello I am having an issue where my windows gets to the welcome screen then goes black and says welcome again and it just does this repeatedly. It's been doing it since the last update.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...