Windows 10: PC in Update Loop

Discus and support PC in Update Loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received an update notice yesterday informing me that I had updates that needed to be installed. I started the download and installation at 2 pm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Weecosse, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Weecosse Win User

PC in Update Loop

I received an update notice yesterday informing me that I had updates that needed to be installed. I started the download and installation at 2 pm yesterday. The download has been stuck at 84% and the small dotted wheel l is still rotating and I still have the notice; "Do not turn off your PC. This will take some time". At 9 pm last night the notice was still showing 84% so I decided to close my PC, shut off the power, and disconnect for the internet.

I powered up my PC this morning and found the notice with the little wheel still in motion. I have tried to access my apps and use the ctrl-alt-del keys but the system is still locked.

Any advice on how to remedy the problem would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Weecosse, Aug 1, 2020

2. Twitter RSS feed and Loop

So, my Twitter RSS feed won't update, and I can't post anything to twitter from the Loop or Kin Studio. Suggestions?

CommieCOZY, Aug 1, 2020
  3. dizatt Win User
    PC stuck in restart loop after latest update

Thank you kindly for your reply zbook. After following steps 6-8 I got this screen. What should I do now?
    PC in Update Loop [​IMG]

dizatt, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

PC in Update Loop

Windows 10 Update - stuck in loop

Hi Simon,

It is possible that some update components that are incomplete are causing you this update loop. You can get out of the loop by following these steps:

• Turn your PC on.
    • When the five spinning circles or the Windows logo appears, force shutdown your PC by long pressing the
      Power button.
    • Repeat step 2 three to five times until the Advance Startup Options appear.
    • Choose Continue to boot your PC to the
      desktop.

After getting out of the repair update, we recommend doing a repair upgrade in order to update your PC as well as repair those incomplete/corrupted system files. To do a repair upgrade, kindly refer to this

article

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

PC in Update Loop

1. PC in Update Loop - Similar Threads - Update Loop

2. My laptop is stuck in an endless loop when trying to update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck in an endless loop when trying to update.: I am trying to update my laptop to the latest Windows 11 version. When I started the update process, my computer said that there was not enough free storage space on the computer and I needed to add a USB drive to do the update. I did this and began the update process. At a...
  3. My laptop is stuck in an endless loop when trying to update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is stuck in an endless loop when trying to update.: I am trying to update my laptop to the latest Windows 11 version. When I started the update process, my computer said that there was not enough free storage space on the computer and I needed to add a USB drive to do the update. I did this and began the update process. At a...
  4. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  5. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  6. My computer has windows 10 and tried to update to windows 11 and is stuck in a loop. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has windows 10 and tried to update to windows 11 and is stuck in a loop. I...: Hello. I have Microsoft Windows version 10. On Wednesday, my computer started to update to 11 and has stayed stuck in a loop. I was able to get into safe mode but cannot access the Internet or make any adjustments from this platform. How do I resolve this issue?...
  7. My computer has windows 10 and tried to update to windows 11 and is stuck in a loop. I...

My computer has windows 10 and tried to update to windows 11 and is stuck in a loop. I...: Hello. I have Microsoft Windows version 10. On Wednesday, my computer started to update to 11 and has stayed stuck in a loop. I was able to get into safe mode but cannot access the Internet or make any adjustments from this platform. How do I resolve this issue?...
  8. My computer has windows 10 and tried to update to windows 11 and is stuck in a loop. I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  10. Windows 11 - Stuck in continuous loop of "Updates are underway Please keep your computer on"

Windows 11 - Stuck in continuous loop of "Updates are underway Please keep your computer on": How do stop Windows 11 update and get back into my PC? Just ran Win11 update and Windows 11 is stuck in continuous loop of "Updates are underway.0...