Windows 10: PC Inconsistent freezing and BSOD

Discus and support PC Inconsistent freezing and BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had inconsistent freezing on my PC. The system will lock up at random with buzzing audio for several minutes before eventually rebooting. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CurtisVermeeren, Mar 30, 2019.

1. PC Inconsistent freezing and BSOD

I've had inconsistent freezing on my PC. The system will lock up at random with buzzing audio for several minutes before eventually rebooting. The issue seems to occur every few weeks then there will be a day or two with several freezes. I have :

-Reset Bios to default settings

-run SFC and dism scans and repairs.

- Updated network drivers

- Updated nvidia drivers

- Plugged Xbox wireless adapter into different usb ports (This seems to help)

I've linked msinfo, and dump files below on OneDrive. If anything else is needed I'll provide it quickly.

MsInfo, Mini dump, Memory dump

Thanks for the help PC Inconsistent freezing and BSOD :)

:)

CurtisVermeeren, Mar 30, 2019
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Mar 30, 2019
  3. airbud7 Win User
    New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

So you are saying a PSU can never cause a computer to Freeze/BSOD...???

airbud7, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC Inconsistent freezing and BSOD

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

PC Inconsistent freezing and BSOD

1. PC Inconsistent freezing and BSOD - Similar Threads - Inconsistent freezing BSOD

2. Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying: Hi, I am experiencing intermittent crashing. Sometimes it happens immediately on startup, a few seconds after Windows loads. When it crashes, it tends to continue to crash repeatedly on restart. Inexplicably after many restarts, it sometimes loads and runs just fine for...
  3. PC freezes constantly, no BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes constantly, no BSOD.: I've dealt with these issues for quite some time. Resetting Windows 11 did not work, along with reinstalling all drivers and software, updating Windows 11, removing VPNs and antivirus software, running SFC scans and chkdsk, updating the BIOS, etc. It happens quite randomly,...
  4. Inconsistent BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistent BSODs: Hello. I've recently built my own PC about a month back, and it ran fine for a while 3ish weeks, but it has recently been giving BSODs for various reasons, with the most recent ones being related to system service exceptions. These crashes happen inconsistently, with some...
  5. Inconsistent BSODs

Inconsistent BSODs: Hello. I've recently built my own PC about a month back, and it ran fine for a while 3ish weeks, but it has recently been giving BSODs for various reasons, with the most recent ones being related to system service exceptions. These crashes happen inconsistently, with some...
  6. Event Viewer errors and inconsistent BSODs

Event Viewer errors and inconsistent BSODs: I found in my event view this error that was labeled level "warning" - A corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Unknown Error SourceError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 2The details view of this entry contains...
  7. Inconsistent hard freeze, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inconsistent hard freeze, Windows 10: Hello. I've had this problem for a while now. It was even happening before I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It seems that it happens almost every time I play video games. It hard freezes, the only thing I can do is hold down the power button and restart it. I ran...
  8. Inconsistent BSOD

Inconsistent BSOD: My PC keeps BSOD at seemingly random intervals, the causes on the BSOD have said, "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION ERROR", "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED ERROR", "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ERROR". Looking into it I ran driver verifier and got the DMP...
  9. Inconsistent Internet on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inconsistent Internet on PC: I have a internet connection, displayed by the icon on the task bar and the fact I can post this. However it isn't working on all applications, and those it does work on it is slow/inconsistent. The internet service its self is fine, working on other devices. At first it...
  10. BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent

BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent: Been dealing with infrequent BSOD for 6+ months with minimal luck on a solution. Finally happened during an inconvenient time so its time to sort it out. Additional information can be provided if requested. Speccy: https://i.imgur.com/z5yb0gq.png DMP:...