Windows 10: PC infinite log in loop only on a 4K TV.

Discus and support PC infinite log in loop only on a 4K TV. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My problem, stated above, is this: Right now, I'm using a great PC setup with 2 1440p monitors, and I can login perfectly fine. All running normal.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JOKER OF XBOX, Dec 1, 2019.

1. PC infinite log in loop only on a 4K TV.

My problem, stated above, is this:

Right now, I'm using a great PC setup with 2 1440p monitors, and I can login perfectly fine. All running normal.

But when I hook my PC up to a TV that is 4K, it PC boots up to the log in screen as normal, and instantly I notice the PC isn't displaying in 4K. It's displaying in something like 1024x768. Not even 1080p or 1440p.

Setting that aside, I enter the password, and it loads for around 2 seconds, then the screen flickers black/green, and sends me back to the log in screen like I never entered the password.

The only way I can boot into the OS on the 4K TV is by entering Safe Mode. It sends me into the OS, and I can see it's in 1080p, but for some reason, 1080p looks like the native resolution, which it is definitely not. The text looks sharp, and crisp as if it was in 4K.

Now, the really weird thing is that when I boot in Safe Mode the PC automatically sets itself in 1080p. I don't have to touch nothing, but when I boot the PC normally, it boots in a very low resolution.

Now let me get into what I have done to try to get around this issue that have not worked:

- Entering Safe Mode (as stated above).
    - Entering Command Prompt from startup settings to launch devmgmt.msc (Device Manager) without Safe Mode. Can't launch outside of OS.
    - Changing resolutions and rebooting.
    - Tried opening Nvidia Control Panel to force a resolution, doesn't work as I can't open the panel in Safe Mode.
    - Tried using Registry Editor to force a resolution, but the sub-directory for the value I was trying to edit wasn't there. So it didn't work.
    - Tried disabling "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" as someone said that has worked before. In my case, it didn't.
    - Switching HDMI cables to see if the cable I'm using doesn't support 4K.
    - Trying different HDMI ports to see if that's the problem.

NOTES:

- My PC is updated to the latest available Windows Updates.
    - Nvidia drivers are updated to the latest available.
    - I believe all my drivers are up to date as I updated all of them a couple of weeks ago. All of them.
    - When I boot my PC in Safe Mode I cannot select anything above 1080p. Only 1080p and under.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully I'll get a response soon. Thanks!

:)

JOKER OF XBOX, Dec 1, 2019
  2. NUV
    Nuv Win User

ati2dvag infinite loop error

I have

Processor:
    • AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ (Brisbane)
    • Core Volt:1.336 V
    MotherBoard:
    • Model- RS690-SB600
    • Chipset Ati
    Bios:
    • Pheonix Technologied Ltd.
    • Version 6.00PG
    Graphics card:TechPowerUp

I am getting a blue screen saying (as far as i can remember)

Code: The Problem seems to be caused by the following file: ati2dvag The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop[/quote] Any solution to this problem ?

3. Goonsoon Win User
    Infinite loop of startup repair

When i start over do i do it on a seperate computer and install the os to usb a connect it to the Infinte loop pc?

Goonsoon, Dec 1, 2019
  4. PC infinite log in loop only on a 4K TV.

Hawkstream, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

PC infinite log in loop only on a 4K TV.

1. PC infinite log in loop only on a 4K TV. - Similar Threads - infinite log loop

2. Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.: My pc is currently stuck in a boot loop. I've tried power cycling, booting into safe mode also infinitely loops, tried loading cmd prompt but can't because I forgot the admin password, cant do system restore also needs password, and I've also tried startup repair to no avail....
  3. Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.: My pc is currently stuck in a boot loop. I've tried power cycling, booting into safe mode also infinitely loops, tried loading cmd prompt but can't because I forgot the admin password, cant do system restore also needs password, and I've also tried startup repair to no avail....
  4. Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. pc stuck in infinite loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc stuck in infinite loop: hello, i recently downgraded my windows 11 to windows 10 and during the process it says “restoring your previous version of windows”. then it would give me the blue screen error saying “stop code: service system exception, what failed: Ntfs.sys” and then it restarts my...
  6. pc stuck in infinite loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc stuck in infinite loop: hello, i recently downgraded my windows 11 to windows 10 and during the process it says “restoring your previous version of windows”. then it would give me the blue screen error saying “stop code: service system exception, what failed: Ntfs.sys” and then it restarts my...
  7. Using a PC with my Samsung 4K TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a PC with my Samsung 4K TV: The stats of my PC are included with my profile, and my tv is a 2017 Samsung 4K UHD TV (Model Number: UN40MU6300FXZA, Serial Number: 06LD3CFJB11187T); I tried hooking my PC to my tv thinking my nvidia gtx 650 ti video card could handle it, but either it was a configuration...
  8. Format PC infinite loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Format PC infinite loop: My problem is as follows: I format the pc normally and then the pc says it will reboot automatically in 10 seconds after that message again asking to format...
  9. 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen: Hello Everybody, For my first thread on this forum, I have a little issue with the display of my computer on a 4k TV screen. Actually, windows fits perfectly on my 4k TV. No black stips. However, when I put for example a youtube video on fullscreen, it doesn't cover all the...
  10. 4k tv resolution issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k tv resolution issue: I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080. The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen. It's not the TV...