Windows 10: PC is BSOD-ing as soon as I open a program/game

Discus and support PC is BSOD-ing as soon as I open a program/game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having problems using my pc properly in the last month and a half.I got my first BSOD on this PC at that time and they just kept increasing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EsseScH, Aug 14, 2022.

1. EsseScH Win User

PC is BSOD-ing as soon as I open a program/game

I've been having problems using my pc properly in the last month and a half.I got my first BSOD on this PC at that time and they just kept increasing in frequency. Just before I got to my vacation last week they happened every few hours even when PC was idle and using applications shortened that time to an hour or two. For some reason Google Chrome makes the PC crash in 30min-1h max. After the crash my system SSD just gets removed from the list of available bootable devices along with another hdd I have, and only my third hdd stays there even it without its proper name and more of a factory co

:)

EsseScH, Aug 14, 2022
  2. KeithM Win User

Please give steps to open the paths to Program Files

If you want to open File Explorer to your C: drive without any registry tweaks, you'll need to do so from a shortcut you create.

1. Open File Explorer to This PC.
    2. Right-click Winndows (CPC is BSOD-ing as soon as I open a program/game :) and select Create Shortcut:

PC is BSOD-ing as soon as I open a program/game [​IMG]
    3. Clock OK in the altert dialog:

4. And you'll have a shortcut on your Desktop:

KeithM, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    One Particular Program Will Not Open

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to launch an application.

As you have mentioned the game was originally released for Windows 98/ME/XP, it could be possible that the game might not be fully compatible with Windows 10.

We would suggest you to check the installed programs list to see whether the game was successfully installed or not. To check type: appwiz.cpl in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter. Look for the game in the list.

If you do not find the game in the list, we would suggest you to try installing it again.
    After installing the game, refer the steps below to run the game in compatibility mode:

1. Right click on the game file and select
      Properties.
    2. Click on Compatibility tab.
    3. Now, under Compatibility mode, click on
      Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    4. Select Windows 98/ME/XP using the drop down menu.
    5. Click on OK and try running the game.

For more information, you can refer the article
    Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

We would also suggest you to contact the game manufacturer and check if the updated version of game is available, that can be run in Windows 10.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 14, 2022
  4. axe0 Win User

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums PC is BSOD-ing as soon as I open a program/game :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

1. PC is BSOD-ing as soon as I open a program/game - Similar Threads - BSOD ing soon

2. PC completely crash without BSOD or creating dump files as soon as I open games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC completely crash without BSOD or creating dump files as soon as I open games: My Setup Windows 11 ProRyzen 5800XGSkill 2x32GB DDR4 3600 mhzAsus ROG B 550-F Gaming WifiSamsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0WD Blue SN570 1TB PCIe 3.0EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 12GB with Resizable bar enabledCoolermaster 850W Gold + Lianli Galahad 240 AIO + 8 fans lighting daisy chained...
  3. PC completely crash without BSOD or creating dump files as soon as I open games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC completely crash without BSOD or creating dump files as soon as I open games: My Setup Windows 11 ProRyzen 5800XGSkill 2x32GB DDR4 3600 mhzAsus ROG B 550-F Gaming WifiSamsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0WD Blue SN570 1TB PCIe 3.0EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 12GB with Resizable bar enabledCoolermaster 850W Gold + Lianli Galahad 240 AIO + 8 fans lighting daisy chained...
  4. PC BSOD-ing when launching a specific program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC BSOD-ing when launching a specific program: My PC has been continually BSOD-ing when launching one specific program—Minecraft Java Edition, of all things—and is giving me the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD message. This seems to be more of a Windows/Microsoft issue than it is a Minecraft issue, so I'm asking here.I'm...
  5. PC BSOD-ing when launching a specific program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSOD-ing when launching a specific program: My PC has been continually BSOD-ing when launching one specific program—Minecraft Java Edition, of all things—and is giving me the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD message. This seems to be more of a Windows/Microsoft issue than it is a Minecraft issue, so I'm asking here.I'm...
  6. PC BSOD-ing when launching a specific program

7. PC crashes as soon as I start a game

PC crashes as soon as I start a game: Hello, I have the problem that my pc crashes shortly after I start a game but runs fine when a game is not started.Me and my father can’t seem so figure out what the problem is. Overheating ist definitely not a problem my graphic drivers are up to date and i just don’t know...
  8. PC is BSOD-ing as soon as I open a program/game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is BSOD-ing as soon as I open a program/game: I've been having problems using my pc properly in the last month and a half.I got my first BSOD on this PC at that time and they just kept increasing in frequency. Just before I got to my vacation last week they happened every few hours even when PC was idle and using...
  9. PC is BSOD-ing as soon as I open a program/game

PC is BSOD-ing as soon as I open a program/game: I've been having problems using my pc properly in the last month and a half.I got my first BSOD on this PC at that time and they just kept increasing in frequency. Just before I got to my vacation last week they happened every few hours even when PC was idle and using...
  10. BSoD as soon as I launch any game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD as soon as I launch any game: Hello, I've posted a similar message on Nvidia forums, as I'm not sure what the problem is... Anyway, I've been experiencing a weird problem with my GTX 770 since yesterday: as soon as I launch a game, my screen turn black and I'm often forced to reboot my PC. Sometimes...