Windows 10: PC is connected to WiFi via Ethernet cable but I can’t use internet services

Discus and support PC is connected to WiFi via Ethernet cable but I can’t use internet services in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I was crashing at random times while gaming and for multiple different games. Today my pc just doesn’t want me to use my WiFi. I ran a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YSNVyper, Feb 16, 2020.

1. PC is connected to WiFi via Ethernet cable but I can’t use internet services

Yesterday I was crashing at random times while gaming and for multiple different games. Today my pc just doesn’t want me to use my WiFi. I ran a diagnostics and it read “ ‘Ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration “ I searched for subreddits about it, ran a few cmd prompts, checked a few network settings, and even uninstalled my antivirus but nothing helped and now I’m confused and can’t find the source of the problem. Any help or ideas is appreciated :/

submitted by /u/YSNVyper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YSNVyper, Feb 16, 2020

2. laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop that was also updated to windows 10/a desktop still using windows 8.

infinityxo1, Feb 16, 2020
  4. revdrw Win User

PC is connected to WiFi via Ethernet cable but I can’t use internet services

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

Fart

Brandon,

I don't know what I mean. YES ON WIF i can connect to the internet, but you cannot connect to anthing plugged into the same WIFI ROUTER with CAT5 Cable ethernet. My MacBook Pro has WIFI and ehternet, ethernet wont work, but wifi will. My Dell does not have wifi, and I cannot connect to the network or internet at all. As I mentioned, I changed the WIFI Router about a week ago, problem solved, for 3-4 days, now ethernet to the new router does not work again.

revdrw, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

PC is connected to WiFi via Ethernet cable but I can’t use internet services

1. PC is connected to WiFi via Ethernet cable but I can’t use internet services - Similar Threads - connected WiFi via

2. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  3. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC: I'd like to share my laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to my PC.However, it appears that once I plug in the cable to the laptop, instead of sharing, it makes it so even the laptop will not have WiFi. It will not let me get WiFi back on the laptop, unless unplug the cable, and...
  4. Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable: Pretty self-explanatory: The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the ethernet cable that I have plugged in. The weird part is that the computer is now telling me that an ethernet connection has...
  6. Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.

Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.: All of a sudden my PC won't connect to the internet via a wired ethernet connection, the option isn't even available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-connected-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable/0d7f9617-5dd6-43ba-b418-08b70a0514ba
  7. PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC connected to internet via Ethernet cable but won’t work: Yesterday I was crashing at random times while gaming and for multiple different games. Today my pc just doesn’t want me to use my internet. I ran a diagnostics and it read “ ‘Ethernet’ doesn’t have a valid IP configuration “ I searched for subreddits about it, ran a few cmd...
  8. PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, has internet access, but says it...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, has internet access, but says it...: I've made a post here before but gave up due to unhelpful answers and people not even reading what I said properly, it became frustrating and I gave up. I recently (as of writing this, 10 minutes ago) purchased "Age of Empires 2: Defininive Edition" via steam. What I was not...
  9. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  10. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!