Windows 10: PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f

Discus and support PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I ran chkdsk in cmd recovery menu as administrator access normally doesn't work and it said that windows has found problems. It told me to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Technical_Issues, Oct 1, 2020.

1. PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f

So I ran chkdsk in cmd recovery menu as administrator access normally doesn't work and it said that windows has found problems. It told me to run chkdsk /f and I did but it gave me this error: Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write-protected.

:)

Technical_Issues, Oct 1, 2020

2. Chkdsk /f

Hi,

The error message "Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected." is usually occurring if there is a write protection tab on your hard drive or the partition file system is corrupted or damaged due to malware infection or
    other unknown reasons.

For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest entering the command chkdsk E: /f /r /x in Command Prompt. Take note that you should replace
    E with the drive letter for your PC's hard drive or USB drive. Once done, check if the same issue persists.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found when chkdsk tries to repair that sector, any data available on it might be lost.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Oct 1, 2020
  4. PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f

Running CHKDSK to fix run as admin issue. Turns out that a few files are corrupted. Wants me to run CHKDSK /f, but the file is NTFS.

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of running chkdsk /f. Please follow the below to fix the issue.

Step 1: Boot system in safe mode by following the steps in the below article

https://support.avira.com/hc/en-us/articles/360...

Step 2:

Go to Search box next to the Windows icon and type CMD

Step 3:

Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator

Step 4:

Type chkdsk C: /F

Type y to accept scan after the restart.

Step 5:

Shutdown your PC "not restart"

Step 6:

Turn PC back on

Let chkdsk check for errors, and the system will reboot.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f

1. PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f - Similar Threads - Corrupted error try

2. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error: System Info:Windows 10 Home Version 22H2C: Drive - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GBIssues: Blue screen crashErrors found in C: driveAttempted Fixes:"chkdsk /f" command attempted multiple times via powershell, windows 10 system notification, and C: drive device propertiesWhen...
  3. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error: System Info:Windows 10 Home Version 22H2C: Drive - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GBIssues: Blue screen crashErrors found in C: driveAttempted Fixes:"chkdsk /f" command attempted multiple times via powershell, windows 10 system notification, and C: drive device propertiesWhen...
  4. Chkdsk F: /f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chkdsk F: /f: Convert lost chains to files Y N? It's solve by Y. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-f/1c30a2d4-ecb2-48b0-9dbc-6c2a0df6caf5
  5. Chkdsk F: /f

Chkdsk F: /f: Convert lost chains to files Y N? It's solve by Y. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-f-f/1c30a2d4-ecb2-48b0-9dbc-6c2a0df6caf5
  6. chkdsk c: /f didn't run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk c: /f didn't run: Hello i hope you all having a good day. So i decided to run chkdsk c: /f because my pc was running slow lately. I ran it via cmd as administrator then i got this message "chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume...
  7. chkdsk c: /f didn't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk c: /f didn't run: Hello i hope you all having a good day. So i decided to run chkdsk c: /f because my pc was running slow lately. I ran it via cmd as administrator then i got this message "chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume...
  8. chkdsk c: /f didn't run

9. CHKDSK /f or /r not running

CHKDSK /f or /r not running: Hi peps. I need a little help here the chkdsk command /f and /r and also I tried /x but all I get Scanning and Repairing. Its working on my Desktop PC but its working on my Laptop both Windows 10 Verson 2004. I have looked at the Registry Editer and looked at BootExecute...
  10. chkdsk /f Errors

chkdsk /f Errors: Hey, I was getting this repair drive error from a few days, I started it and forced shut down a few times my mistake. But today I have to do it cause device performance was really slow. I am currently in safe mode and did chkdsk D: /f, it is currently displaying ETA: 9hr...