Windows 10: PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f

Discus and support PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I ran chkdsk in cmd recovery menu as administrator access normally doesn't work and it said that windows has found problems. It told me to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Technical_Issues, Oct 1, 2020.

1. PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f

So I ran chkdsk in cmd recovery menu as administrator access normally doesn't work and it said that windows has found problems. It told me to run chkdsk /f and I did but it gave me this error: Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write-protected.

:)

Technical_Issues, Oct 1, 2020

2. Chkdsk /f

Hi,

The error message "Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected." is usually occurring if there is a write protection tab on your hard drive or the partition file system is corrupted or damaged due to malware infection or
    other unknown reasons.

For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest entering the command chkdsk E: /f /r /x in Command Prompt. Take note that you should replace
    E with the drive letter for your PC's hard drive or USB drive. Once done, check if the same issue persists.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found when chkdsk tries to repair that sector, any data available on it might be lost.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Oct 1, 2020
  4. PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f

Running CHKDSK to fix run as admin issue. Turns out that a few files are corrupted. Wants me to run CHKDSK /f, but the file is NTFS.

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of running chkdsk /f. Please follow the below to fix the issue.

Step 1: Boot system in safe mode by following the steps in the below article

https://support.avira.com/hc/en-us/articles/360...

Step 2:

Go to Search box next to the Windows icon and type CMD

Step 3:

Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator

Step 4:

Type chkdsk C: /F

Type y to accept scan after the restart.

Step 5:

Shutdown your PC "not restart"

Step 6:

Turn PC back on

Let chkdsk check for errors, and the system will reboot.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f

1. PC Is Corrupted, but gives me error when I try to run chkdsk /f - Similar Threads - Corrupted error try

2. CHKDSK /f or /r not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK /f or /r not running: Hi peps. I need a little help here the chkdsk command /f and /r and also I tried /x but all I get Scanning and Repairing. Its working on my Desktop PC but its working on my Laptop both Windows 10 Verson 2004. I have looked at the Registry Editer and looked at BootExecute...
  3. When I try to open shell:startup it gives me an error (windows 10 2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I try to open shell:startup it gives me an error (windows 10 2004): [ATTACH] Title says it all Thanks This error pops up submitted by /u/rayanshchauhan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikif19/when_i_try_to_open_shellstartup_it_gives_me_an/
  4. chkdsk /f Errors

chkdsk /f Errors: Hey, I was getting this repair drive error from a few days, I started it and forced shut down a few times my mistake. But today I have to do it cause device performance was really slow. I am currently in safe mode and did chkdsk D: /f, it is currently displaying ETA: 9hr...
  5. Windows 10 updater gives error when trying to scan for updates, and when trying to run...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updater gives error when trying to scan for updates, and when trying to run...: The question speaks for itself. I do not know how it came into being but every time i try to run windows installer it gives a 0x800b0001 error. Also when i try to run system apps like services windows says that an administrator has blocked me from using them, though i am the...
  6. Currently I said him run chkdsk /f /r J:

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Currently I said him run chkdsk /f /r J:: A friend of me has a (J:) 4TB ext USB HDD --- J: inaccessible ERROR popup Currently I said him run chkdsk /f /r J: And now is currently at Stage 4 --- see screenshot This may take 1 or 1.5 day ? Is OK left it open like this...? Force exit is Ctrl + C ... correct ? But I say...
  7. F:\ is not accessible . the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. CHKDSK problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F:\ is not accessible . the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. CHKDSK problems: lately a couple of my hard drives have been getting this error come up and I can just chkdsk F: /r /f or w/e but this on is a bit different it has error codes and some other stuff Im trying to save it without wiping it coz I messed up and didn't back up anything so any help...
  8. chkdsk errors "/F parameter not specified"

chkdsk errors "/F parameter not specified": I recently changed my boot partition so I was able to safe boot, but after trying to merge my old partition with my boot drive (MiniTool), it failed and my BIOS reset. Ran chkdsk and it seems I have a few errors. It doesn't seem like I'm able to resolve these with sfc...
  9. chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk /f gives result of orphaned files: hi, I ran chkdsk /f on my external HDD which was attached to a wifi router and I am using HDD on remote access and for internal LAN sharing of files too. However, I got problem with the HDD after running chkdsk /f function and it results saying there are 9 orphaned file...
  10. when i try activate it gives me error code 0x80041023

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    when i try activate it gives me error code 0x80041023: Hi, I have been trying to activate my windows 10, i have a product key and when i try activate it gives me error code 0x80041023. Anyone getting this error code. I need some help. 52965