Windows 10: PC is crashing and getting BSOD . UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Discus and support PC is crashing and getting BSOD . UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This first happened when I was playing Valorant. It happened 2 times in 30 minutes and I turned off my PC due to this. This was 3 days ago.Yesterday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mavrecc, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Mavrecc Win User

PC is crashing and getting BSOD . UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

This first happened when I was playing Valorant. It happened 2 times in 30 minutes and I turned off my PC due to this. This was 3 days ago.Yesterday same thing happened 2 times. Today again when I was playing Valorant same thing happened 3 times. Then I searched for solutions online and did the 1.Windows Memory Diagnostics - everything was ok2. run cmd and did - A sfc /scannow - found corrupted files and fixed it B chkdsk - everything ok3. Reset PC and re installed windows freshStill i am getting this problem. I am sharing a link with the screenshot of it an

:)

Mavrecc, Jan 25, 2023

2. Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BSOD on PC

Hi Madalin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Blue Screen of Death on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. When do you receive the BSOD?

Based on the dump files you have shared, the file ntkrnlmp.exe is causing the Blue Screen of Death. The bug check UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap. For more information
    refer the article
    Bug Check 0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Usually, this error occurs if there is a hardware failure. If you recently added hardware to the computer, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. Run hardware diagnostics that
    the system manufacturer supplies to determine which hardware component failed.

In addition, you can try running Windows Memory Diagnostic to check RAM corruption issues. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Boot the PC into
      Safe Mode

2. Press Windows + S keys together to open
      Search.
    3. Now type Memory and click on
      Windows Memory Diagnostic
    4. Click on Restart now and check for problems.
    5. Follow the on screen instructions

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 25, 2023
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP)

A start would be providing me the required information, see post #2

4. PC is crashing and getting BSOD . UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BSOD

Hello all,

I am having a UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BSOD whenever I am using apps like davinci resolve, adobe apps and other applications that use a lot of ram and the graphics card.
    This BSOD comes up whenever I am using the app and stop using my pc to take a break or something.

I also got a VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL error code some days before.

Hope to get some help. Thanks in advanced.

Khilesh Emrith, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

PC is crashing and getting BSOD . UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

1. PC is crashing and getting BSOD . UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - Similar Threads - crashing getting BSOD

2. PC is crashing and getting BSOD . UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is crashing and getting BSOD . UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: This first happened when I was playing Valorant. It happened 2 times in 30 minutes and I turned off my PC due to this. This was 3 days ago.Yesterday same thing happened 2 times. Today again when I was playing Valorant same thing happened 3 times. Then I searched for solutions...
  3. BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: I've been getting this error too much now and I'm aggressively saving my work every time I use my laptop but even then it's too annoying and just not feasible.I've tried so many cmd commands, several times and made some changes to the memory dump. also have run memory...
  4. BSOD Stopcode: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Stopcode: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: So when I play League of Legends and I use alt+tab to tab out of the game I get BSOD with that stopcode. I have tried many things to fix it and nothing works. I have no idea what to do at this point. Please help me....
  5. Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BSOD on PC

Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BSOD on PC: Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363 Windows dir: C:\Windows Hardware: MS-7978, MSI, H170 GAMING M3 MS-7978 CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6 8 logical processors, active mask: 255 RAM: 17124904960 bytes total Crash...
  6. BSoD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap when shutting down PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap when shutting down PC: I don't know if this is harmful. It never occurs normally when working/playing games, just when shut down. I've tried solution that change dumping files from auto to small and it doesn't work. I need to turn off the plug to shut down pc. How to fix this? submitted by...
  7. BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: I thought the problem was fixed from my last post, but it seems the problem still persists. The problem first started when I noticed several visual bugs like red and green stripes in the below image. This would appear when I'm using Battle.net launcher, Steam, Uplay,...
  8. BSOD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

BSOD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap: Hello everyone, First time posting here and I am completely lost on what to do. I have tried everything I could think of to fix this issue and have not been able to find a solution. Hoping someone here can help. I have been getting random BSOD's for a few months now. I...
  9. BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP)

BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP): Every time I get on league of legends or any thing that uses graphics, I get the BSOD UNEXEPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. This is extremely annoying and also happens when I watch YouTube videos. This is a brand new computer I built myself and didn't have any problems until I...
  10. Periodic BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Periodic BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: Hey, I've been dealing (unsuccessfully) with this issue all day. From time to time today, often at truly awful times, be it in the middle of a game or otherwise, I'll be treated to an awful freeze, the sound - whatever was playing at the time, if anything - will do that...