Windows 10: PC is extremely slow and shuts down after 20 minutes

Discus and support PC is extremely slow and shuts down after 20 minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently swapped out my GT 730 graphics card for a GTX 780 ti. Retracing my steps, the procedure was as follows, I unplugged all power cables to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by richodude, Oct 15, 2019.

1. richodude Win User

PC is extremely slow and shuts down after 20 minutes

I have recently swapped out my GT 730 graphics card for a GTX 780 ti. Retracing my steps, the procedure was as follows, I unplugged all power cables to make room for my GPU. I then air dusted everything. I put in my GPU and plugged all the cables back in (plus the 6 and 8 pin connectors). This GPU also forced me to switch from a CRT do a DVI, which wasn’t a problem (I hope). I turned the power switch on and everything sounded good. The PC booted up, but only in 768p instead of 1080p. There was also only video on my monitor with direct DVI connection (I know it was hooked up because of the auditory queue upon replugging it). There too was a clicking sound maybe once every 30 sexonds coming from my Computer. The PC ran ridiculously slow with inputs being delays as little as a few seconds, to multiple minutes (the mouse moved just fine). After about 20 minutes of fine king around trying to get the display back to normal, the PC acts weirdly. The first time it **** down as if i clicked the shutdown button. The second time, the monitor went to sleep and wouldnt turn back on, and the third time, it went straight to the “repairing and scanning drive” screen. Those 3 times i rebooted my PC, it went straight to that screen. The repairing remained consistent. It would remain at 0% for a bit over an hour, then jump to 11% and i wasn’t around to see it finish. I have looked around the internet and dont seem to find anyone with a very similar problem to me, but I hope someone smarter than me could

please fix it!

SUMMARY

I bought a new GPU

Keep getting scanning and repairing drive screens upon startup

PC runs extremely slow and shuts down after 20 minutes

:)

richodude, Oct 15, 2019

2. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 shuts down while playing videos for about 20 minutes

This problem started about a month ago. Windows does a hard shut down after playing videos for more than 20 minutes. It does matter what video format or whether I am playing back from a saved file on my PC or streaming.

I have an AMD A8 6410 processor with an integrated AMD Radeon R5 graphics card

I have run malware and virus scans and found nothing.

I have updated Adobe.

I have updated Java.

I have updated the video driver.

Any suggestions for next steps?

AndrewFHall123, Oct 15, 2019
  4. ClairePWN Win User

PC is running extremely slow

Thanks to Karthicka R I am reconnected to internet.....NOW, PC is running extremely slow. I can't seem to fix it.

what am I missing?

ClairePWN, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

1. PC is extremely slow and shuts down after 20 minutes - Similar Threads - extremely slow shuts

2. Windows 10/11 shutting down randonmly after 15 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 shutting down randonmly after 15 20 minutes: Hello!,My windows 11 is shutting down randomly without a warning. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I had the same problem and was hoping that upgrade would solve the issue but I still have the issue. Please suggest how to troubleshoot and identify the root...
  3. Windows 10/11 shutting down randonmly after 15 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 shutting down randonmly after 15 20 minutes: Hello!,My windows 11 is shutting down randomly without a warning. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I had the same problem and was hoping that upgrade would solve the issue but I still have the issue. Please suggest how to troubleshoot and identify the root...
  4. Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup: After i start my pc i hop on my gamerobox now im at 100-143 frames then 20 - 30 minutes i spike to 22 frames on small servers.I tried everythingI factory reset my laptopChanged battery plan to high performanceUsed my laptops graphics driveri have always usedReinstalled...
  5. Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup: After i start my pc i hop on my gamerobox now im at 100-143 frames then 20 - 30 minutes i spike to 22 frames on small servers.I tried everythingI factory reset my laptopChanged battery plan to high performanceUsed my laptops graphics driveri have always usedReinstalled...
  6. Notebook always shuts down after it´s 10-20 minutes not in use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook always shuts down after it´s 10-20 minutes not in use: Hello everyone,maybe you have the same issue with the Inspiron 7306 2n1 Notebook by dell.Since i got the notebook it randomly shuts down after a few minutes when it isn´t in use up from 10-20 minutes. I always need to start the device over and over again. Sometimes the pc...
  7. My Pc shuts down automatically at 20%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Pc shuts down automatically at 20%: I've the same question of this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down-automatically-at-20-battery/8b95e082-946f-4f91-9ab4-414e75423808 I've tried all the solutions you suggest but nothing changed, but when I tried to open it in safe...
  8. My pc keeps shutting down on its own every 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc keeps shutting down on its own every 20 minutes: Every time I try and use my pc for downloading something it just freezes and then shuts down? I just reset it so I don’t think it’s software and it was happening before I reset it submitted by /u/fuhlenn_ [link] [comments]...
  9. PC Slow to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Slow to shut down: Does any one have a problem lately with windows taking a long time to shut down when requested it seems ti ignore the request and then minutes later it shuts down. has an update caused this any help would be apreciated...
  10. 10 - 20 Minutes Streaming, Wifi shuts down!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    10 - 20 Minutes Streaming, Wifi shuts down!: About 3 days ago i streamed on yt. I used a Custom code to stream, about 3 hrs in the stream my pc crashed. i restarted it. Next day i also streamed but then something weird happend every 1-20 minutes my wifi shuts down! it kept happening everytime! I don't know how to fix...