Windows 10: PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

Discus and support PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by robgr, May 25, 2021.

1. robgr Win User

PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this?

:)

robgr, May 25, 2021

2. PC will go to sleep even though the Power settings are set to Never in Windows 10.

Hello Ann,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue.

Since the Sleep settings are set to Default, I suggest you to make changes from the
    Power options settings page and check if the issue is resolved.

Change the power settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power options and select the top most search result.

• Click on Change when the computer sleeps
      from the left side panel of the window and select Never option from the dropdown bar under both the options.

• Click on Save Changes and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 keeps going into sleep mode despite settings

Hi Bruce,

Some settings on your computer might affect the power usage. Computers that are going to sleep mode unexpectedly can also occur due to software conflicts. For us to investigate the issue, we'd like to know if you've made any changes prior to the issue. In
    the meantime, here are the steps that we can perform to resolve your power issue:

• Boot your computer in safe mode. It will help you determine if the issue is caused by default setting and device drivers. To do so, refer to this
      link.
    • Run the power troubleshooter. This will automatically detect the system settings that are affecting the power usage and resolve power and startup issues.
    • Reset and restore all default power plans to its default settings. To do so, refer to these steps:

A. Open Command Prompt as an administrator.

B. Type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press Enter.

C. Restart your device to apply the changes.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Lov Dollente, May 25, 2021
  4. Jessen P Win User

Win10 - Computer sleeps despite power settings; NVIDIA vs. Intel Graphics

Hi Wren,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep
    mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

Please revert if you have issues with computer sleeping.

Thank you.

Jessen P, May 25, 2021
Thema:

1. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never - Similar Threads - going sleep despite

2. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never: Hello, I have an Asus ProArt Studiobook 16.Fresh install of windows 11, all drivers up to date. I like my computers to stay on constantly when they are plugged in so that they can run programs in the background or be accessible via remote desktop at any time. No matter what...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as display turns off despite being set to never: Hello, I have an Asus ProArt Studiobook 16.Fresh install of windows 11, all drivers up to date. I like my computers to stay on constantly when they are plugged in so that they can run programs in the background or be accessible via remote desktop at any time. No matter what...
  4. Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings: The ONLY WAY TO FIX THE PROBLEM IS TO UN-INSTALL THE OPTIONAL SEPTEMBER UPDATE WHICH CAUSED IT. DOING JUST THAT FIXES IT IMMEDIATEL;Y EVEN BEFORE ANY REBOOT....
  5. windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never: windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shuts-down-despite-power-and-sleep/a08ed333-fbde-4142-a074-300de0b062ab
  6. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...
  7. Windows 10 went to sleep overnight despite being set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 went to sleep overnight despite being set to never sleep: I left my laptop (MSI GE65 Raider 9SF) downloading stuff overnight and went to sleep, at around 2 AM. When I woke up, the laptop had gone to sleep. I checked the event viewer and it went to sleep at 5:31 AM. Here's the event: - <Event...
  8. Screen automatically locks after idle period, despite being set to never sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen automatically locks after idle period, despite being set to never sleep: A client's computer is constantly locking itself after an indeterminate amount of time idling. I have set the device to never sleep. It does not have a screensaver set. I've changed the system unattended timeout to 0. Dynamic lock is also off. We've also changed the...
  9. Hard Drive Spins Down despite timer being set to NEVER

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Spins Down despite timer being set to NEVER: Hi Please help me. I'm running Windows 10 pro (latest version, updates on). My notebook model is: Dell G3 15 I have an SSD and a hard drive installed, OS running from SSD, data being on HDD. That said HDD is not always in use. To prevent unwanted motor cycles, I set the...
  10. Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never")

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never"): When plugged in, this Toshiba laptop goes into sleep mode at roughly two minutes of idle time. When plugged in, I have the power options set to "Never". This just recently began occurring. Any ideas? 57465

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 laptop keeps goes to sleep even though settings are never

2. Computer goes to sleep despite power settings

3. laptop going to sleep despite settings

4. pc going to sleep when set to never,
  5. changed power settings laptp stillnsleeps,
  6. Windows 10 keeps goes to sleep even when set to never