Windows 10: PC is having strange problems, websites not loading, games crashing, cannot do any...

Discus and support PC is having strange problems, websites not loading, games crashing, cannot do any... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problems: -Videogames crash on a regular basis, at random points after launch, either 2 mins or 20 mins -For example, when Destiny 2 crashes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EddieJohn23, Jun 25, 2020.

1. PC is having strange problems, websites not loading, games crashing, cannot do any...

The problems:

-Videogames crash on a regular basis, at random points after launch, either 2 mins or 20 mins

-For example, when Destiny 2 crashes it tell me to "Verify integrity of game files" via steam, which never works

-Unable to download programs off the internet, such as GeForce experience, discord, chrome, Java

-Websites will not load, such as YouTube or the discord website

-PC refuses to factory reset under the setting "Reset this PC", always says "Undoing changes" after an attempt

-Hard drive refusing to be formatted, hence it isn't showing up in "This PC", receiving error code "0x00000057"

-Problems persist even after reinstallation of windows

What I have tried:

-I have replaced my SSD, which previously had windows on it, and reinstalled windows on the new one - no change

-Replaced RAM sticks - no change

-Replaced motherboard - no change

-Reinstalled windows via USB a handful of times - no change

-Attempted factory reset via settings - failed

-Fully cleaned PC of dust - no change

Possible leads:

-Running "sfc /scannow" via CMD always returns "Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after every consecutive windows reinstallation

-I have a brother, who also happens to have a PC, and so I plugged my new SSD with windows on into his computer, and everything ran fine, downloads and websites, leading me to believe this may be a hardware problem

-Could instead be the CPU, since replacing the motherboard did nothing to help, however I ran the intel processor diagnostic tool, and everything came out fine after it completed its scan

-Do not think its the GPU, because I ran my PC using intel graphics and the problems persisted

Other:

-Problems have been occurring for 2 weeks as of writing this

-Windows always reinstalled using a USB

PC specs:

-CPU: i7 8700

-GPU: RTX 2070

-RAM: 2x 8GB Trident Z

-Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO

-SSD: Sabrent 1TB

-HDD: 2TB

-Windows 10 Home, version 2004

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated as this has been preying on my mind for too long now.

Many thanks :

:)

EddieJohn23, Jun 25, 2020

2. Gta 4 crashing constantly

Sup everyone, i seem to be having a very annoying problem. I purchased gta 4 recently and i installed it and it runs quite well, my system is listed in my specs. The problem with the game, is that about +/- 5 minutes of playing, the screen gets funny coloured squares and my whole pc crashes. I have xp sp3 installed. I have tried numerous things like clocking my cpu back to stock but to no avail. My pc is not overheating, thats for sure, i dunno. My mate just told me that it might just be a bug, but it seems strange that i bug in the game would cause my whole pc to crash. Any suggestions?

BradleyKZN, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

PC is having strange problems, websites not loading, games crashing, cannot do any...

I am having problems with pc crashes when pc is under load when i play games

Hi,

Your computer may crash if it experiences program conflicts. While we're analyzing the files that you uploaded, we'd like some more information that can help us resolve your concern. We just have a few questions for you:

• Did you make any recent changes to your computer, especially before this started happening?
    • Did you get any specific error codes when your computer crashed? For example, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. If yes, please post a screenshot.
    • Just to confirm, does this happen only when playing a specific game, or does this also happen when using other apps, like browsers?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest performing a clean boot to find out if this behavior is caused by a third-party program. You can follow the steps in this

article
    to do it. This will load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, preventing software conflicts from occurring. If your computer doesn't crash when you're in a clean boot environment, check the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot for what to do next.

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'll wait for your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

PC is having strange problems, websites not loading, games crashing, cannot do any...

1. PC is having strange problems, websites not loading, games crashing, cannot do any... - Similar Threads - having strange problems

2. Strange game and laptop crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange game and laptop crashes.: I quite recently got a new laptop, lenovo ideapadGaming.Specs are.:11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorWindows 11 Home, 23H2NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPUI downloaded some games from the...
  3. PC crashing when loading game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing when loading game: PC having an issue where playing video games sometimes causes a complete shutdown and restart without warning. Also getting some stuttering in frames around this time, I don't know if related. Windows update is broken, with 3 updates waiting to be installed all USB devices...
  4. PC crashing when loading game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when loading game: PC having an issue where playing video games sometimes causes a complete shutdown and restart without warning. Also getting some stuttering in frames around this time, I don't know if related. Windows update is broken, with 3 updates waiting to be installed all USB devices...
  5. PC crashing when loading game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot access any website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access any website: Whenever I try to access any website i get and error saying it took too long to respond. i have followed the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7L0_C8X0tk but it hasn't worked. Please help i have tried different browsers and only the avast one sort of works but i want...
  7. Cannot access any website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access any website: Whenever I try to access any website i get and error saying it took too long to respond. i have followed the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7L0_C8X0tk but it hasn't worked. Please help i have tried different browsers and only the avast one sort of works but i want...
  8. Cannot access any website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Problems with websites loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with websites loading: I posted this question a few days ago, but nobody answered. I hope I will get an answer this time. I've been having serious trouble with Yahoo Mail, which is my primary email account. When I try to load it Firefox, Opera, and Microsoft Edge, I either end up with a blank...
  10. PC is having strange problems, websites not loading, games crashing, cannot do any...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC is having strange problems, websites not loading, games crashing, cannot do any...: submitted by /u/Edgy_Gandalf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfpth7/pc_is_having_strange_problems_websites_not/