Windows 10: PC is lagging all over the place

Discus and support PC is lagging all over the place in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop is now about 6 years old. Has a core i3 5005u and an Nvidia 930m. It was all smooth sailing till like 2 months ago... Used to play fortnite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nitefury, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Nitefury Win User

PC is lagging all over the place

My laptop is now about 6 years old. Has a core i3 5005u and an Nvidia 930m. It was all smooth sailing till like 2 months ago... Used to play fortnite pretty smoothly... But suddenly for two months everything is lagging. Can hardly run fortnite properly. It'll run consistently at 60fps for some time... The suddenly everything would drop to 7-10 fps for a min and the bounce back upto 60. Explorer is lagging, MS Word takes 10 mins to just open a document. What is going on!

:)

Nitefury, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 28, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 28, 2019
  4. PC is lagging all over the place

Windows 10 Suddenly Starts to Lag

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any 3rd party antivirus program?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the suggested steps on this article
    on how to improve the performance of your Windows 10 device.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

PC is lagging all over the place

1. PC is lagging all over the place - Similar Threads - lagging place

2. I have very bad lag spikes on my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have very bad lag spikes on my pc.: I get the lag spikes when i play almost every game, and i wondered if it might be related to these errors in my event viewer.I know that this is not related to my wifi because i get it on every wifi network i use.Device name LAPTOP-4D8N2JDD Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with...
  3. I have very bad lag spikes on my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have very bad lag spikes on my pc.: I get the lag spikes when i play almost every game, and i wondered if it might be related to these errors in my event viewer.I know that this is not related to my wifi because i get it on every wifi network i use.Device name LAPTOP-4D8N2JDD Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with...
  4. Laptop lagging don't know the main reason what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lagging don't know the main reason what to do?: My window security detected a trojan virus files and suddenly my laptop temperatures gets high than Usual and now its lagging ver badly i ran multiple virus scan but in vain what to do?...
  5. Laptop lagging don't know the main reason what to do?

Laptop lagging don't know the main reason what to do?: My window security detected a trojan virus files and suddenly my laptop temperatures gets high than Usual and now its lagging ver badly i ran multiple virus scan but in vain what to do?...
  6. What is causing my pc to glitch, lag and crash onto the blue screen?

What is causing my pc to glitch, lag and crash onto the blue screen?: So I have recently bought a new CPU, the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X and I changed it out but unfortunatly I messed up my motherboard so I had to buy a new motherboard, the MSI B550-A PRO. I installed everything and my pc works as is. This was a week ago and now my pc feels slow, it...
  7. Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...: When I scroll on a web page regardless of whether I use Edge or Chrome the screen takes a moment to settle into place and become clear.I tried changing the refresh rate on the display settings and when I do the screen that page that I am on will scroll crisply but when I go...
  8. Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...

Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...: When I scroll on a web page regardless of whether I use Edge or Chrome the screen takes a moment to settle into place and become clear.I tried changing the refresh rate on the display settings and when I do the screen that page that I am on will scroll crisply but when I go...
  9. Lag when scrolling on Edge or Chrome - Screens take half a second to "settle" into place...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. PC is lagging all over the place

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is lagging all over the place: My laptop is now about 6 years old. Has a core i3 5005u and an Nvidia 930m. It was all smooth sailing till like 2 months ago... Used to play fortnite pretty smoothly... But suddenly for two months everything is lagging. Can hardly run fortnite properly. It'll run consistently...