Windows 10: PC is lagging because of “system service”

Discus and support PC is lagging because of “system service” in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC started lagging. I noticed it when decided to start my PC. It took me about 5 minutes to activate the password prompt bar. Then I waited for 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YettaOrdonez, Dec 10, 2018.

1. PC is lagging because of “system service”

My PC started lagging. I noticed it when decided to start my PC. It took me about 5 minutes to activate the password prompt bar. Then I waited for 10 minuted to get Windows loaded. Every single operation is consuming a lot of time now. I opened the Task manager to check what app is using so much but was surprised to find out that it is my hard drive and the task called "System" which I cannot close. So I ask your help because I don’t know what I can do with this problem.

:)

YettaOrdonez, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 10, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 10, 2018
  4. PC is lagging because of “system service”

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

PC is lagging because of “system service”

1. PC is lagging because of “system service” - Similar Threads - lagging “system service”

2. Windows System Lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows System Lagging: I hope this message finds you in good spirits. I'm reaching out because my Windows system seems to be hitting a snag, and I'm in need of some guidance to untangle this digital mystery.The Problem: Recently, my Windows 10 system has been exhibiting noticeable slowdowns....
  3. System Restore is not working because of Volume Shadow Copy service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore is not working because of Volume Shadow Copy service: Hi, whenever I try to create a new restore point, I get this error:There was an unexpected error in the property page:The Volume Shadow Copy service used by System Restore is not working. For more information view the event log. 0x81000202I use Windows 10 Pro 21H2. All...
  4. System Restore is not working because of Volume Shadow Copy service

System Restore is not working because of Volume Shadow Copy service: Hi, whenever I try to create a new restore point, I get this error:There was an unexpected error in the property page:The Volume Shadow Copy service used by System Restore is not working. For more information view the event log. 0x81000202I use Windows 10 Pro 21H2. All...
  5. System Restore is not working because of Volume Shadow Copy service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My system is lagging

My system is lagging: I was using figma on google chrome on my laptop, I clicked on the preview feature to check my work and my laptop hanged. I waited for minutes maybe it’ll go back to normal but I had to force shut it down by hard pressing the power button. Ever since them my touchpad mouse has...
  7. System Service Exception, Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Service Exception, Windows PC: Hi, I get a blue screen every day at least once when I start my computer, with the error code system service exception or memory management.I have tried using sfc /scannow and chkdsk and that didn't fix anything, It's a new pc so I don't know if this could be a hardware or...
  8. System Service Exception, Windows PC

System Service Exception, Windows PC: Hi, I get a blue screen every day at least once when I start my computer, with the error code system service exception or memory management.I have tried using sfc /scannow and chkdsk and that didn't fix anything, It's a new pc so I don't know if this could be a hardware or...
  9. System Service Exception, Windows PC

10. System lagging

System lagging: My system (WX, build 18941) works very slow. Sometimes I can't even do my regular work on it. What can I do to speed it up? It's true that I haven't made a clean reinstall in the last about 2 years. Should I reset my PC? Or should I perform a clean install? Device...