Windows 10: PC is making some type of noise while booting up

Discus and support PC is making some type of noise while booting up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Forum, happy new year to all. I'm on windows 10 About 1 week ago my PC when I start it up, its making some kind of weird noise. I have attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by graphomet, Jan 5, 2021.

1. graphomet Win User

PC is making some type of noise while booting up

Hi Forum, happy new year to all.

I'm on windows 10

About 1 week ago my PC when I start it up, its making some kind of weird noise.
    I have attached attached a MP3 file

https://voca.ro/1CY107Pl6agq

:)

graphomet, Jan 5, 2021

2. Pc making weird noises and videos are laggy

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is they issue specific to playing videos only?
    • Which type of file are you trying to play?
    • In which player are you facing this issue?
    • Did you try the same in a different player?
    I suggest you to update the display driver and check if it helps.

Step 1: Press Windows Key +
    R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.

Step 2: Type devmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter.

Step 3: Look for display driver, right-click and then click
    Update.

Step 4: When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
    OK.

Step 5: Restart your computer.

If you are using Windows Media player,
    I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click Windows Media Player Settings.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Laptop freezes and makes a buzzing noise

Hi Jami,

To isolate this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your computer recently?
    • Does it happen after installing an update?

You may run System File Checker and DISM Tool to check if there are corrupted system files that are causing the issue. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type each command and hit enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

You may also perform a clean boot to isolate which programs or applications might be causing the freezing and buzzing noise on your computer. To do this, kindly refer to this article:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jan 5, 2021
  4. PC is making some type of noise while booting up

Unable to boot the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to boot the PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to export and delete the BCD store and rebuild the BCD store. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the initial setup screen, select the language and other
      preferences and click on Next. (If you don't see the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.)
    3. Now, click on Repair your computer.
    4. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    5. Now type in the commands and hit
      Enter
      :

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

c:

cd boot

attrib bcd -s -h –r

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /RebuildBcd

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

PC is making some type of noise while booting up

1. PC is making some type of noise while booting up - Similar Threads - making type noise

2. PC makes beeping noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC makes beeping noise: pc making periodic beeping noise for no apparent reason. Two tones, one higher than other, followed shortly after by same two tones in reverse order, lower then higher. Does this consistently, with a minute or so before tones are repeated. Never did this before. Using HP...
  3. PC makes beeping noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC makes beeping noise: pc making periodic beeping noise for no apparent reason. Two tones, one higher than other, followed shortly after by same two tones in reverse order, lower then higher. Does this consistently, with a minute or so before tones are repeated. Never did this before. Using HP...
  4. Some of my keyboard key are not working and making noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my keyboard key are not working and making noise: Hi, I've just installed windows 10 on my laptop and installed drivers for it from the Lenovo site and everything was working fine until most of my keyboard keys stopped working and started making noises on clicks, I've seen that this is usually due to sticky keys or filter...
  5. Some of my keyboard key are not working and making noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my keyboard key are not working and making noise: Hi, I've just installed windows 10 on my laptop and installed drivers for it from the Lenovo site and everything was working fine until most of my keyboard keys stopped working and started making noises on clicks, I've seen that this is usually due to sticky keys or filter...
  6. Computer making noise and not letting my type?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer making noise and not letting my type?: I first noticed this today while playing Minecraft. I would be using my keyboard, and then my computer would make noises like I toggled something, and a key would get stuck. I assume I just accidentally turned on sticky/ toggle, keys so I go to settings to turn them off, but...
  7. laptop making boot noises while lid shut

laptop making boot noises while lid shut: whenever I shut the lid of my laptop, after a couple of hours it starts playing the noise on repeat with like 2 or 3 second intervals until I lift the lid. the sound is the same sound it makes when I hold the power button to turn it on or off. I think it has something to do...
  8. Laptop makes buzzing noises while playing audio

Laptop makes buzzing noises while playing audio: My laptop speaker makes random buzzing/static sound whenever i play audio. The weird thing is whenever i plug in headphones or use wireless speakers, i can hear the sound through that too. I have tried everything, from reinstalling the sound drivers manually, to letting...
  9. PC keep making annoying noise

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC keep making annoying noise: My PC beep with a single Ctrl+Shift combo and i tried everything they say on google like unboxing everything in "make keyboard easier to use" in control panel but it still makes that annoying noise....
  10. My PC is making crackling noises!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is making crackling noises!: My PC is making crackling noises, at first I was freaked out, but I figured out a trick that will stop it for a day or 2, but that stopped working. I've had this PC for a little over a year now, I don't want to buy a new one cause my dad bought me this and he said not to ruin...