Windows 10: PC is much slower when unplugged

Discus and support PC is much slower when unplugged in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I have my PC plugged in, it's running great (I checked in task manager, the clock speed hovers around the high end of 3.xx GHz). However, as soon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ElmImperial, Jul 29, 2020.

1. PC is much slower when unplugged

When I have my PC plugged in, it's running great (I checked in task manager, the clock speed hovers around the high end of 3.xx GHz). However, as soon as I unplug it, performance drops (the CPU speed visibly, immediately drops to around 1 GHz). The PC is still usable when unplugged but their is a noticeable difference in things like opening minimised apps, scrolling, clicking etc.

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-8950HK with 16GB of RAMm running WIndows 10 2004

submitted by /u/ElmImperial
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ElmImperial, Jul 29, 2020
  2. asus2016 Win User

One device much slower than others on home wifi - why?

I spoke with the shop once I could be in front of the computer. Yes. They too were puzzled.

What they think is that:
    1. They must have goofed up the parts list for it
    2. So the Dell 1397 is the adapter I have
    3. And the "radio" must be getting weak or intermittent

Even though I have no Intel 7260 showing in Device Manager:

PC is much slower when unplugged [​IMG]

I went to the Intel site and downloaded the drivers for the 7260. Ran the exe, it ran fine, no errors, told me to restart so changes would take hold - but when I got back, there still wasn't a 7260 listed.

At that point I called the shop again and they said that it's "not uncommon" for an Intel driver install exe to just run, even if its target hardware isn't present. Sounds goofy to me, but okay.

I don't know how useful this is, but here's the ipconfig /all listing, for the wireless on my computer:

PC is much slower when unplugged [​IMG]

I read the guy at the shop the list of network adapters in device manager, and he agreed that none other than the 1397 were wireless adapters.

So - unless a miracle can happen and someone can show me where this alleged 7260 is - I'm going to wait for the shop to help me, or, maybe, if it's not too hard - this is an all-in-one PC and opening up even a big box scares me - put a new card in myself.

asus2016, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Power outage when Using RBE PC is much slower when unplugged :(

dammit

Okay so we have a problem.

PCI card is here Rage128pro 32mb *Laugh :laugh:

Steps;
    Set bios to boot PCI-PCI-E-PCI-X

Boots without a problem with just pci
    (here is the problem)
    When plugged 5770 in With 6pin power i have no post, (all steps tried....)
    When 6pin unpluged i get post??

----------------------
    with 6pin unpluged i get into dos i run atiflash -i but only get a listing from the ATIRagepro

Any Ideas?

Cheers

narcarsiss, Jul 29, 2020
  4. PC is much slower when unplugged

Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

PC is much slower when unplugged

1. PC is much slower when unplugged - Similar Threads - much slower unplugged

2. Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop: My girlfriend and I recently got new Wifi and decided to pay the extra penny to get the best out of our internet. We went with Virgin Media and got the new Hub 5 router with a speed cap of 512Mbps. Initially we tested the speeds on my laptop with 'Ookla Speedtest' and I was...
  3. Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop: My girlfriend and I recently got new Wifi and decided to pay the extra penny to get the best out of our internet. We went with Virgin Media and got the new Hub 5 router with a speed cap of 512Mbps. Initially we tested the speeds on my laptop with 'Ookla Speedtest' and I was...
  4. Download Speed on PC's Much Slower Compared to Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.: I was just using my PC when it suddenly started taking ages to open programs, running games at marginally lower fps than usually. Something else that happened at the same time was that my PC fans which are usually pretty loud became very quiet, but are still running. It...
  6. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.: I was just using my PC when it suddenly started taking ages to open programs, running games at marginally lower fps than usually. Something else that happened at the same time was that my PC fans which are usually pretty loud became very quiet, but are still running. It...
  7. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop suddenly much slower when unplugged: In the past few weeks, I've found that my VIAO laptop has become much, much slower, especially when not plugged in. It'll often take full minutes to load a site. It's a lot better though when it's plugged in but immediately slows down again as soon as I unplug it, even if it...
  9. Computer is much slower when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is much slower when plugged in: I have a HP laptop with Ryzen 5 8gb of Ram. I have recently been getting a much slower computer when it is plugged in. Its so bad that I can't do Zoom on it. I have tried almost everything on the internet and nothing works. I have used multiple chargers. Im worried that...
  10. PC suddenly started restarting much slower for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC suddenly started restarting much slower for no reason: As the title says, there's really no background to this as I noticed it only a few days ago. When restarting, it now hangs on "Restarting" screen for a few minutes, so booting up is still fast but it takes much longer for the PC to "start" restarting. Windows is installed on...