Windows 10: PC is not shutting down

Discus and support PC is not shutting down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i have windows 10 and hp elitbook 8460p laptop but when i am clicking on shutdown or hibernate the screen goes black and black forever. until my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maamiradina, Nov 15, 2016.

1. PC is not shutting down

i have windows 10 and hp elitbook 8460p laptop but when i am clicking on shutdown or hibernate the screen goes black and black forever. until my laptop battery come empty,
    i also changed windows but now in this windows first some times it shut down, but now it is also not shutting down or hibernating the pc.
    that's why

:)

maamiradina, Nov 15, 2016

2. PC is shutting down randomly

Hello,

This scenario usually indicates a problem with the hardware. Or, the driver can cause this problem. To help isolate the problem, check the following items:

Overclocking: Disable overclocking to see whether the issue occurs when the system is run at the correct speed.

Check the memory: Verify the memory by using a memory checker. Verify that each memory chip is the same speed and that it is configured correctly in the system.

Power supply: Make sure that the power supply has enough wattage to appropriately handle the installed devices. If you added memory, installed a newer processor, installed additional drives, or added external devices,
    such devices can require more energy than the current power supply can provide consistently.

Overheating: Check whether the system is overheating by examining the internal temperature of the hardware.

Hope this information is helpful.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 15, 2016
  3. PC is stuck "Shutting Down"

Please always give the make and model of your device and the version and build of Windows you are having trouble with. That way others here with configurations similar to yours can better help. This forum is for beta testing new builds of Windows so make
    sure you are using an insider build. If not, ask in the regular Windows forum at

Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

Cbarnhorst, Nov 15, 2016
Thema:

PC is not shutting down

1. PC is not shutting down - Similar Threads - shutting down

2. Second window flashes when I shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second window flashes when I shut down.: Whenever I shut down my computer, a second window appears for a split second and then disappears instantly, what could be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-window-flashes-when-i-shut-down/c75cc92e-712e-4a64-9417-3b555f400199
  3. Second window flashes when I shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second window flashes when I shut down.: Whenever I shut down my computer, a second window appears for a split second and then disappears instantly, what could be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-window-flashes-when-i-shut-down/c75cc92e-712e-4a64-9417-3b555f400199
  4. Second window flashes when I shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?: I have had my PC for about 3 years now, during some of those years recently I'd say maybe 2 almost, my PC has experienced random shut downs during gaming, it happened in roblox which isn't that heavy for the specs I'm using. I have a ryzen 3 3200g with 16gb of ram. My mother...
  6. Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?

Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?: I have had my PC for about 3 years now, during some of those years recently I'd say maybe 2 almost, my PC has experienced random shut downs during gaming, it happened in roblox which isn't that heavy for the specs I'm using. I have a ryzen 3 3200g with 16gb of ram. My mother...
  7. Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Hard shut down leads to BCD file error 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard shut down leads to BCD file error 0xc0000098: My friend was having issues logging in to her computer Windows 11 sign-in screen was getting stuck, so we attempted to solve that by repeatedly holding down the power button to hard shut down and open the Recovery Environment as outlined here. However, when the computer...
  9. Hard shut down leads to BCD file error 0xc0000098

Hard shut down leads to BCD file error 0xc0000098: My friend was having issues logging in to her computer Windows 11 sign-in screen was getting stuck, so we attempted to solve that by repeatedly holding down the power button to hard shut down and open the Recovery Environment as outlined here. However, when the computer...
  10. My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many...

My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many...: My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many times but it's not changed and stuck help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-7-of-update-and-not/631f574a-c24e-41d5-8944-4647123c141a