Windows 10: pc is not shutting down

Discus and support pc is not shutting down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; pc is not getting shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-not-shutting-down/806eccae-d70f-462d-842a-718ffe0f42cd Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ramu_360, Mar 9, 2021.

1. ramu_360 Win User

pc is not shutting down

pc is not getting shutdown

:)

ramu_360, Mar 9, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 9, 2021
  3. PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 9, 2021
  4. pc is not shutting down

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

pc is not shutting down

1. pc is not shutting down - Similar Threads - shutting down

2. Second window flashes when I shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second window flashes when I shut down.: Whenever I shut down my computer, a second window appears for a split second and then disappears instantly, what could be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-window-flashes-when-i-shut-down/c75cc92e-712e-4a64-9417-3b555f400199
  3. Second window flashes when I shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second window flashes when I shut down.: Whenever I shut down my computer, a second window appears for a split second and then disappears instantly, what could be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-window-flashes-when-i-shut-down/c75cc92e-712e-4a64-9417-3b555f400199
  4. Second window flashes when I shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?: I have had my PC for about 3 years now, during some of those years recently I'd say maybe 2 almost, my PC has experienced random shut downs during gaming, it happened in roblox which isn't that heavy for the specs I'm using. I have a ryzen 3 3200g with 16gb of ram. My mother...
  6. Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?

Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?: I have had my PC for about 3 years now, during some of those years recently I'd say maybe 2 almost, my PC has experienced random shut downs during gaming, it happened in roblox which isn't that heavy for the specs I'm using. I have a ryzen 3 3200g with 16gb of ram. My mother...
  7. Why does my computer randomly shut itself down strictly during gaming?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Hard shut down leads to BCD file error 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard shut down leads to BCD file error 0xc0000098: My friend was having issues logging in to her computer Windows 11 sign-in screen was getting stuck, so we attempted to solve that by repeatedly holding down the power button to hard shut down and open the Recovery Environment as outlined here. However, when the computer...
  9. Hard shut down leads to BCD file error 0xc0000098

Hard shut down leads to BCD file error 0xc0000098: My friend was having issues logging in to her computer Windows 11 sign-in screen was getting stuck, so we attempted to solve that by repeatedly holding down the power button to hard shut down and open the Recovery Environment as outlined here. However, when the computer...
  10. My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many...

My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many...: My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many times but it's not changed and stuck help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-7-of-update-and-not/631f574a-c24e-41d5-8944-4647123c141a