Windows 10: Pc is saying that I have no connection even though I have an Ethernet cable in which I can...

Discus and support Pc is saying that I have no connection even though I have an Ethernet cable in which I can... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GreyFoxGundam [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GreyFoxGundam, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Pc is saying that I have no connection even though I have an Ethernet cable in which I can...

/u/GreyFoxGundam, Jan 16, 2021

2. Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Pc is saying that I have no connection even though I have an Ethernet cable in which I can...

Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Pc is saying that I have no connection even though I have an Ethernet cable in which I can...

1. Pc is saying that I have no connection even though I have an Ethernet cable in which I can... - Similar Threads - saying connection though

2. hello! i cant connect to wifi even though i have a wifi cable and the problem is not the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello! i cant connect to wifi even though i have a wifi cable and the problem is not the...: i cant connect to wifi from my pc. i have a wifi cable and the problem is not from my wifi its from my pc. Please tell me how to fix it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-cant-connect-to-wifi-even-though-i-have-a/b9ec3a68-88e7-4bdb-8501-5fc223f0d000
  3. hello! i cant connect to wifi even though i have a wifi cable and the problem is not the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hello! i cant connect to wifi even though i have a wifi cable and the problem is not the...: i cant connect to wifi from my pc. i have a wifi cable and the problem is not from my wifi its from my pc. Please tell me how to fix it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-cant-connect-to-wifi-even-though-i-have-a/b9ec3a68-88e7-4bdb-8501-5fc223f0d000
  4. hello! i cant connect to wifi even though i have a wifi cable and the problem is not the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows says "no internet, secured" even though I have a fast wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows says "no internet, secured" even though I have a fast wifi connection: I have a pretty fast wifi connection from Verizon but Windows reports my network "No internet, Secured." I have just noticed that I am not getting any operating system updates on the grounds that I am not connected to the internet, even though I am. There has to be a known...
  6. Windows says "no internet, secured" even though I have a fast wifi connection

Windows says "no internet, secured" even though I have a fast wifi connection: I have a pretty fast wifi connection from Verizon but Windows reports my network "No internet, Secured." I have just noticed that I am not getting any operating system updates on the grounds that I am not connected to the internet, even though I am. There has to be a known...
  7. Ethernet cable says no internet connection but I still have access to most applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable says no internet connection but I still have access to most applications: So when I log into my pc it says I have no ethernet connection, but when I launch Chrome or try to play some games I have the connection. But for certain applications I don’t have access, like Spotify.I’ve tried network reset and flushing my dns, as well as reinstalling...
  8. Ethernet cable says no internet connection but I still have access to most applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable says no internet connection but I still have access to most applications: So when I log into my pc it says I have no ethernet connection, but when I launch Chrome or try to play some games I have the connection. But for certain applications I don’t have access, like Spotify.I’ve tried network reset and flushing my dns, as well as reinstalling...
  9. Ethernet cable says no internet connection but I still have access to most applications

10. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection even though there is.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection even though there is.: I am using Windows 10. Recently, my wireless network has been unable to detect internet even though I can still go online. Everything on the browser still works and i can still surf the net. However, apps that runs at the background and microsoft products that rely on the...