Windows 10: PC is slow, found fix but only for short time period

Discus and support PC is slow, found fix but only for short time period in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, So i have a problem that my pc is very slow in almost all situations. I found a fix, but it works for short time period. So the fix is freeing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dejwiu, Jul 30, 2018.

1. dejwiu Win User

PC is slow, found fix but only for short time period

Hello,

So i have a problem that my pc is very slow in almost all situations. I found a fix, but it works for short time period.
    So the fix is freeing up ram space with advanced system care program, but it only works for a while. I need help.

:)

dejwiu, Jul 30, 2018

2. Struggling to fix the internet access which works only for short periods.

Hi Francesco,

Before I suggest you, I would like to know the Make and model number of the Computer?

Cause: Network drivers and network configuration issues can cause these problems to occur.

Let’s try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 1: Internet Connection troubleshooter.

• Press“Windows key + W” and type “troubleshooting”.
    • Select “Troubleshooting”.
    • Select “View all” on the top left corner.
    • Click“Network & Internet”.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: If the above steps does not help, go to the below article and try the steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope the above information helps you, and revert to us with the update regarding the internet issue.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Struggling to fix the internet access which works only for short periods.

Original title: Internet access drops intermittently

hello, I have a Dell Alienware, and I'm struggling to get internet to work. The connection to the router is successful, but the internet access works only for short periods.

The diagnostics suggested to restart the router, and I did, but didn't solve the problem.

Worth knowing that all other devices in the LAN are connected fine.

Francesco Della Vedova, Jul 30, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. PC is slow, found fix but only for short time period - Similar Threads - slow found fix

2. Windows keeps on hanging for short periods of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps on hanging for short periods of time: Good day,I'm not sure how to proceed with this behaviour. Every now and then Windows suddenly just hangs up, sometime for up to a minute.By hanging up I do not mean the normal freeze where you can't do anything but rather a state where some things are still able to be...
  3. Windows keeps on hanging for short periods of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps on hanging for short periods of time: Good day,I'm not sure how to proceed with this behaviour. Every now and then Windows suddenly just hangs up, sometime for up to a minute.By hanging up I do not mean the normal freeze where you can't do anything but rather a state where some things are still able to be...
  4. red cpu light on motherboard flashing/on for a short period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    red cpu light on motherboard flashing/on for a short period of time: I just upgraded my PC adding some new fans and changing gpu. In the meantime I also changed the thermal paste. The first boot up failed because the cpu fan was not inserted properly but after fixing that it worked. Now the PC pretty much runs perfectly but at most boot ups...
  5. red cpu light on motherboard flashing/on for a short period of time

red cpu light on motherboard flashing/on for a short period of time: I just upgraded my PC adding some new fans and changing gpu. In the meantime I also changed the thermal paste. The first boot up failed because the cpu fan was not inserted properly but after fixing that it worked. Now the PC pretty much runs perfectly but at most boot ups...
  6. red cpu light on motherboard flashing/on for a short period of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Periodically Slow Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Periodically Slow Performance: After bootup, everything on my computer is perfectly fine, but moments later, things start becoming sluggish. I refreshed the page of this one certain website multiple times, each except the last time was good. The last refresh had some unloaded assets and when I refreshed...
  8. Periodically Slow Performance

Periodically Slow Performance: After bootup, everything on my computer is perfectly fine, but moments later, things start becoming sluggish. I refreshed the page of this one certain website multiple times, each except the last time was good. The last refresh had some unloaded assets and when I refreshed...
  9. Bluescreens shown since a short periode of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreens shown since a short periode of time: Do you have a solution? I never before had blue screens on my DELL Lattitude E5540But for some reason since a few weeks the computer is on and just waiting for my input... computer waiting ..... without a touch .... the computer suddenly shows a blue screen...I'm not aware of...
  10. PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error?

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error?: I am having fairly frequent PC freezes (I'm on 1803). It will freeze everything for maybe 15 seconds. I checked my event viewer, and found this: [img] The details say this: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the...