Windows 10: PC is slow on saving files to network share, gets stuck sending jobs to printer, cannot be...

Discus and support PC is slow on saving files to network share, gets stuck sending jobs to printer, cannot be... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, I have some really weird issues with one PC in a homeoffice with just 2 devices. There are two PCs both running Windows 10 1909 which are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thkle, Jan 22, 2020.

1. thkle Win User

PC is slow on saving files to network share, gets stuck sending jobs to printer, cannot be...

Hello there,

I have some really weird issues with one PC in a homeoffice with just 2 devices.
    There are two PCs both running Windows 10 1909 which are mounting several network shares from a Synology NAS hanging on the same switch.
    Now since 2 days ago, one of the PCs has really weird issues with some network services:

1. When I try to save files e.g. from Excel or Word to the network share, then it shows a loading screen "saving as..." which keeps on loading for a while and sometimes it's really saving, sometimes it then shows a warning "File couldn't be saved".
    2. When I'm printing e.g. a snippet from Google Maps or some other picture, it takes a really long time for it to completely arrive at the printer like 5 to 10 minutes and sometimes it's just stuck there and I need to restart the PC to get it our of the printing queue.
    3. I use AnyDesk to connect to those PCs for some remote work. And now I cannot connect to this PC anymore. It authenticates well and then is stuck at "Waiting for an image". As a workaround I now connect to the other PC via AnyDesk and then use AnyDesk on this PC to connect to the "broken" PC.

I really searched everything, updated all programs and Windows and disabled Kaspersky, rebooted multiple time, tried finding updates for the network card and used the Windows troubleshooting software, but I simply couldn't find any issues.

I'd be happy for any help here. Thanks in advance!

:)

thkle, Jan 22, 2020

2. Print job stuck in queue

Another "fun fact": if I am on another network, the printer is still in my printer list, but the queue seems to be empty. It is only as I get on the network again, the stuck job shows up.

MightyMauz, Jan 22, 2020
  3. kevthu Win User
    Excel files only open/save slow on network share

• Opening any Excel file, even an empty Excel file from any network share located on any machine on this domain network results in slow performance. When opening a file, Excel will state: "Downloading: <path name>", then will say "Processing...", then will
      say "Opening: <path name>", then will say "Processing...", and then finally opens. Once open the file performs normally.
    • The Save process is equally slow for any Excel file saving to a Network Share
    • Opening these same files locally on any machine is fast.
    • Opening any other file type on these shares is fast, including Word, pdf, jpg, etc. of much larger size than the Excel files.
    • The slow performance is seen on all machines on the network.
    It seems like this would be a network issue but I'm not sure where to start. Again it only affects Excel files, nothing else. But it affects all Excel files.

Some machines here are Windows 7 running Office 2010, but the same slow behavior is seen on Windows 10 machines running Office 365.

kevthu, Jan 22, 2020
  4. PC is slow on saving files to network share, gets stuck sending jobs to printer, cannot be...

Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with accessing the files and printer within the network and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the error message you get, while accessing the file or the Printer using Windows 7 PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019
    in this

As an additional information please refer the below articles:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Share files in File Explorer

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

PC is slow on saving files to network share, gets stuck sending jobs to printer, cannot be...

1. PC is slow on saving files to network share, gets stuck sending jobs to printer, cannot be... - Similar Threads - slow saving files

2. i cannot add a shared network printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot add a shared network printer.: Hi,i try to connect a shared printer but receive error when i try to connect. it says windows couldn't connect to the printer. some of my pc can add the printer and some got error.what is the problem? all firewall is off....
  3. cannot share printer on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot share printer on home network: used to use "home group" to share printer, worked fine. Aware that it is no longer an optionhave a win10 pc connected to router via ethernet with a usb printer connected to it. would like to share the printer to a second Win10 pc connected via ethernet on our home network...
  4. cannot share printer on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot share printer on home network: used to use "home group" to share printer, worked fine. Aware that it is no longer an optionhave a win10 pc connected to router via ethernet with a usb printer connected to it. would like to share the printer to a second Win10 pc connected via ethernet on our home network...
  5. cannot share printer on home network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Cannot seem to get file network sharing to work on both PC's?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot seem to get file network sharing to work on both PC's?: Both PC's are set up. When trying to connect, I get error code 0x80070035 - check spelling. Both are setup on private profile and the sharing is on. Can anyone help?...
  7. Error to save file on the network share.

Error to save file on the network share.: Hello team, The initial configuration was: Server - Windows 2012 not R2 !, workstations - Windows 7. current configuration: The server is the same; some workstations upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 2004 it sometimes gives an error on windows 10 comps when you try to access or...
  8. PC restarts when I send a print job to my printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC restarts when I send a print job to my printer: hi , I recently upgraded to Window 10 Ver 1903 from Window 7 entreprise , and everything seems to work except for one annoying thing. I have a network printer and when I send a print job from the network share file to my printer the computer restarts automatically, and the...
  9. Network file and printer sharing will not stay on

Network file and printer sharing will not stay on: I have a desktop running Windows 10. Some time back I began to be unable to be seen by, or access, other computers on my home network. I checked setting in control panel and found "file and printer sharing" were turn off. When I tried to turn them on, they would be back to...
  10. Cannot share a printer on a home network

Cannot share a printer on a home network: Hi I have a home network consisting of Windows 10 PCs and one Windows XP Pro PC. I used to be able to access the printer from my other PCs not the XP one though. Because of the XP PC I have all the PCs in a workgroup. The printer is attached to what I refer to as a print...