Windows 10: Pc is slower after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Pc is slower after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently, I decided to upgrade my father's Pc from windows 7 to windows 10. At first, pc ran smoothly, startup was normal and as well as opening apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eujhin, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Eujhin Win User

Pc is slower after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10

Recently, I decided to upgrade my father's Pc from windows 7 to windows 10. At first, pc ran smoothly, startup was normal and as well as opening apps. A few days later, pc became a lot slower than before, start up almost took about 10 mins. I tried different methods such as cleaning temp files, defragmenting, uninstalling unnecessary apps, reducing startup applications and windows update but got no luck. My last resort is reverting it back to windows 7, but I still want windows 10 . Any tips provided will help greatlyPc Rig Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 19043 19041.vb_

:)

Eujhin, Jun 7, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Pc is slower after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - slower upgrading

2. I upgraded to windows 11 and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I desperately want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded to windows 11 and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I desperately want to...: I own a dell laptop It came with Windows 10 Pro Microsoft offered a free upgrade to windows 11 I accepted and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I would love to return to windows 10. I do not know how. Can anyone help me? perhaps there is a fix for this problem where the...
  3. I upgraded to windows 11 and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I desperately want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I upgraded to windows 11 and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I desperately want to...: I own a dell laptop It came with Windows 10 Pro Microsoft offered a free upgrade to windows 11 I accepted and now my laptop is slower than a snail. I would love to return to windows 10. I do not know how. Can anyone help me? perhaps there is a fix for this problem where the...
  4. Slower Windows boot a few weeks after system upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slower Windows boot a few weeks after system upgrade: This isn't a massive problem as such, but I suppose it does fit in under "performance" and it's a little bit of an annoyance and I wondered if anyone has any suggestions. I did a total upgrade of my machine 3 weeks ago - moved from a 4th gen i5 to a 10th gen i7 CPU,...
  5. Will my old Laptop get slower if I upgrade to Windows10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will my old Laptop get slower if I upgrade to Windows10?: Since its finally the end of support for windows 7, I have decided to upgrade it but unsure whether performance would take a hit. following are the specs 2.2 GHz Intel Core i3 3rd Gen Processor 4 GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB Hard Drive please let me know, if it would get really...
  6. Pc alot slower after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc alot slower after windows 10 upgrade from windows 7: I had windows 7 previously and my pc was performing to the standard i liked since once of the programs i play video games on made it so its only windows 10 compatible i decided to upgrade... since then my pc has been visibly slower and hasnt been achieving the amount of...
  7. Slower performance after Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 7 Pro

Slower performance after Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 7 Pro: I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro 32-bit version to Win 10 Pro 32-bit version. My laptop feels a bit slower now than it did before. I suspect it's because Win 10 needs more RAM than Win 7 did. I have 8GB DDR3 RAM but since I'm running a 32-bit version of the OS, it only...
  8. Slower Experience After Upgrading From Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

Slower Experience After Upgrading From Windows 8.1 to Windows 10: Hi, I'm noticing some lag after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. For example, when I hover over desktop icons, the 'hover box' updates extremely slowly. Also, when I open up file explorer and the files refresh, that happens extremely slowly as well. You can see...
  9. NICs Slower After Upgrade from Win 8.1 (Ethernet and wireless)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NICs Slower After Upgrade from Win 8.1 (Ethernet and wireless): This didn't happen right away. They worked fine for a month or so. It is not the ISP, my ISP is very reliable, they consistently give me the bandwidth I am supposed to get. 20MB down 2MB up. The problem laptop averages 0.3MB down and 1.5MB up. The other hosts on my home...
  10. Upgraded motherboard, much slower boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upgraded motherboard, much slower boot time: I feel like windows 10 is back to Vista performance at boot. I'm thinking about a clean install but would like to discuss it with you guys. Previous motherboard and CPU: Asrock Pro3 Gen3 i2500k @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB Ram. New motherboard and CPU: Asus Prime X399 TR 1950x @...