Windows 10: PC is stuck at advanced startup screen. Cannot reset the computer.

Discus and support PC is stuck at advanced startup screen. Cannot reset the computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PC is stuck at advanced startup screen. Cannot reset the computer. I have tried using reset deleting all the files. Then reset stops at 37%. Then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JOMSMATHEW, Jun 12, 2019.

1. PC is stuck at advanced startup screen. Cannot reset the computer.

PC is stuck at advanced startup screen. Cannot reset the computer.

I have tried using reset deleting all the files. Then reset stops at 37%. Then it went to a screen which says " Clear TPM (Trusted Platform Module). I think i cleared it, then also screen is stuck at advanced start up repair. pls help me.

:)

JOMSMATHEW, Jun 12, 2019

2. Stuck on Advanced Startup Troubleshooting Options/Settings Windows 10

Hi, I'm asking for a friend. Earlier, his computer was stuck in an infinite Automatic Repair loop, so we disabled Automatic Repair through Command Prompt from Advanced Startup Options, turned off his computer, and turned it back on. Then, he ran into a blue
    screen, titled "Recovery", with error code 0x0000225 for file \WINDOWS\system32\config\system. From this screen, there are three listed options:

• Pressing "Enter" does nothing
    • Pressing "Esc" brings up the "Please wait" message and to the "Troubleshooting" screen
    • Pressing F8 brings up Startup Settings. Hooray!
    But here's the catch: all 10 of the startup settings (e.g., enable debugging, boot logging, safe modes, disable malware, etc.) simply sends his computer back to the Recovery screen that lists the error code 0x000025.

From the Troubleshooting screen to Advanced Options, he can't reset his PC because there isn't enough room on his disk. He can't system restore because he doesn't have any restore points. He can't load System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Command Prompt,
    Startup Settings, or "Go back to the previous version", because he does not have Administrator rights. He can't sign in as an Administrator because "there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC".

He also tried inserting a Windows 7 disc out of desperation, but lo and behold: "Code 5: Cannot boot from disk".

In essence, his PC was permanently stuck on Automatic Repair, and now his PC is stuck on the Advanced Startup Settings/Options/Troubleshooting/Recovery screens. What can he do to rescue his computer from this unfortunate dilemma?

P.S. He runs only Window Defender, so anti-malware software should not be an issue.

Friday Sky, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Stuck on loading screen after startup

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to perform Startup Repair and check if it helps.

• On a working PC go to the Microsoft software download website and
      create Windows 10 installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 12, 2019
  4. PC is stuck at advanced startup screen. Cannot reset the computer.

Stuck in startup screen with rotating blue circle

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you are stuck on the blue screen with rotating circles upon startup.

If the above is true, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

If the above did not help, I suggest that you perform Startup Repair using Windows Media Creation Tool and check.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message,
      you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Startup Repair'.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

PC is stuck at advanced startup screen. Cannot reset the computer.

1. PC is stuck at advanced startup screen. Cannot reset the computer. - Similar Threads - stuck advanced startup

2. Computer goes to black screen at startup and cannot reset into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to black screen at startup and cannot reset into safe mode: I have a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5154 running Windows 10 Home Version 2009 OS Build 10.0.19045.3693 Goes to a black screen at startup. Tried to reset it by turning it off and holding the button for 10 seconds three times without success. I will not start in safe mode. Just...
  3. Computer goes to black screen at startup and cannot reset into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes to black screen at startup and cannot reset into safe mode: I have a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5154 running Windows 10 Home Version 2009 OS Build 10.0.19045.3693 Goes to a black screen at startup. Tried to reset it by turning it off and holding the button for 10 seconds three times without success. I will not start in safe mode. Just...
  4. Computer goes to black screen at startup and cannot reset into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Pc stuck at advanced options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck at advanced options: Ive been trying to open my pc but when I do, it goes into automatic repair and goes into advanced options, Ive watched and tried multiple youtube videos on this subject but nothing works, resetting pc physically didnt work, ive tried multiple command prompts, booting it up on...
  6. Pc stuck at advanced options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck at advanced options: Ive been trying to open my pc but when I do, it goes into automatic repair and goes into advanced options, Ive watched and tried multiple youtube videos on this subject but nothing works, resetting pc physically didnt work, ive tried multiple command prompts, booting it up on...
  7. Pc stuck at advanced options

8. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  9. PC stuck at "Advanced Startup" menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck at "Advanced Startup" menu.: Hey guys, I can't boot into the desktop, tried every option in the Advanced Startup like System Restore, System Image Recover etc. but no good. It all goes back to Advanced Startup. Anyone know how to fix this? I have a Windows 10 flash disk, will that work without...
  10. Cannot reset pc/ cannot enter safe mode/ advanced repair screen looping

Cannot reset pc/ cannot enter safe mode/ advanced repair screen looping: Firstly, I encounter the endless looping of advanced system repair, basically means I cant enter the Windows. Then I try to reset pc option from there, which does not work as well: I got this error: -> "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made". After...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows stuck in advanced startup